Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-01, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/1955/180
BF:
Progress:

Thanks, this has been very helpful. I know it must seem weird for me to post questions and talk about him when it is his choice.
I do want to clarify that he reads these posts and I only post what same questions he asks me.
We do have Atkins new book and the Cab addicts book, as well have read many from the library.

No he has not read the books, basically asked me to and then just feed him. LOL I do have more time to prepare and shop for foods as well as plan menus. Because he has not shown an interest in reading the books, I have my doubts that he will stick to it as he is not as committed as he could be. That is part of my concern about the after effects. But I will be his cheerleader and support him for as long as he needs me to.

My concern for him, is that he will lose some weight and then decide that it was not for him all along and then switch to something else, and "hurt" his body in the long run.

He did have high cholesterol a number of years ago when he was only 23, he has tried many times to get fit. He also has a high stress desk job, he realizes if he does not get fit he is a candidate for heart problems. His surgery was a knee surgery so it is hard for him to do lots of anything, right now he does crunches and rides the bike about 20 min at a slow pace.

I do believe that this WOE is a good thing for health problems, most likely saved my mothers life a few years ago. She never lost any weight but was saved from serious problems. She had no good cholesterol and was very high in the bad and her tryglycerites were thru the roof.