Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 12:34

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%
Lightbulb Affirmations

Good Day All!

After reading through the excellent thread that Meltinaway started about public ridicule, I thought that I might start this thread for two reasons – one is to help you understand affirmations, why they are important, and how to write one, and the second reason is for people that already use affirmations to share them with the group as examples, and what has changed since you started affirmations.
An affirmation is simply a way to change the programmed thinking – the standard responses that we experience in different situations and encounters. Affirmations are powerful. Thoughts, spoken words, and written statements are acts of creation. It is important that our words be in alignment with our desires. In order to live the life we want, we must affirm what we want, not what we do not want.

Each person has a resonance or vibration or frequency; each affirmation has a resonance or vibration or frequency. So, too, a desire to change resonates. Affirmations that are in proper resonance with the person thinking or saying or writing them can positively impact the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects and other invisible layers in the energy field.

To write out an affirmation, you must first decide what it is you want to change. Obviously we are all here to change our weight, but there are probably other behaviors, responses to situations, etc. that you may want to change also. Write down all these things. For example:
  • I want to lose xxx pounds
  • I won’t let people control how I feel by their insensitivity
  • I am a person that people like
  • I fit in
  • etc.
You then take these things and turn them into positive, present tense phrases. For example:
  • I am so excited that I weight xxx pounds. I feel and look incredible
  • I deserve this and I am in control of my life and my destiny. People treat me with the respect that everyone deserves
  • I am a caring and compassionate person that attracts good people and friends
  • I make a difference in the people I am around, and they enjoy spending time in my company
  • etc.
The key is to make everything positive – don’t put what you don’t want, put what you do want. You don’t want to say “I am excited that I weigh xxx pounds because people don’t tease me about being fat anymore”. That has a negative in it.

Write your affirmations down multiples times, and alternate using both hands. When you read them – do it out loud, do it multiple times a day, and do it with feeling – the feeling you will have when you have accomplished everything on the list, and do it believing 100% that it will happen. I will start by posting my Affirmation in the next post

I hope this helps!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 12:37

Default Here is mine

So - to start - here are my affirmations:

Today is the beginning of a new day
God has given me this day to use as I will
I will use it for good
Because what I do today is important
As I am exchanging a day of my life for it
Therefore I will have:
Goodness in all I do
Success abounding all around me
Gain in every area of my life
Unconditional love for and from everyone
Because everything I do
Is in harmony with my beliefs
Thank you God for your unfailing and super-abundant providence

Everything always happens in Your time

I, Jim, am successful

I am a caring, compassionate, persistent, consistent, magnetic, effective, efficient, duplicatable, balanced, healthy leader and I attract caring, compassionate, persistent, consistent, magnetic, effective, efficient, duplicatible, balanced, healthy leaders into my life
I help others regain balance in their lives
I lead others by serving them
I am blessed to look and feel wonderful since I am fit and in shape
I trust divine providence to show me how to balance myself, my health, my wealth, my wife, my son, my home and my business
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 20:47
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

good one Jim, i will have to think about this 4 a few and will post back later. this is a good one for getting in touch with our true goals and self image.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:36
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hey Jim, I just want to use yours! Liz
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:15
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

i agree, Jim has said it all.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I LOVE that!!!! Jim, you really are inspiring...I enjoyed reading your affirmations, and am going to do my own now!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 08:43

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate it.

Feel free to use my affirmation - just make sure you say it with the feeling and belief as if you had written it yourself. Change words or phrases that aren't exactly like you would talk, etc.

You are AWESOME!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 10:17

Plan: Curves
Stats: 315/286/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I truly believe in affirmations and I am so glad you brought this up! I am a little afraid of success because of all the things I've piled up to do when I'm thin, but I will start with a good affirmation and start doing the things I can now! I want to scuba dive, ride horses again, go paragliding, snow skiing, go to Disneyland etc! All that is at a big heap at the other end of losing weight but there is no bridge to it. I will make an affirmation that will take me from here to there and I will be successful!! Thanks, Ken, I needed this post!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 11:26
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Ken that is absolutely great! I personally respond to affirmation very much so. I'll think about mine as well.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 19:26

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hey Jim! Yours is wonderful. But don't you find that having so many lessen there intensity?
Anyway I've had two since I was 9 (my mom taught me how to do this) :
I'm happy and successful in everything I do.
I'm alert, awake and feeling great.

I tend to sing them when I'm feeling rundown and unhappy. It makes you feel much better.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 22:10

pixy_nixy,

Singing the affirmations is a great idea! What a great way to solidfy it.

I have not found that it lessens the intensity to have more than just one or two. One of the important things about affirmations like this is that they need to be specific. Make them as specific as possible. That way, they are working on exactly the things you want them to.

I love your affirmations, they are excellent! My only response to your question is that sometimes you need to work on specific things in order to attract the right solution to yourself. General type affirmation - broad sweeping like yours - are needed for sure, to help us with the big picture. But when you are working on something like weight, it helps to have an affirmation that deals with that specific area of your life.

I hope this makes sense
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:33

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hi Jim!
Thnx for the reply!!
You're right, the ones I have are not goal specific. They're generally for improving overall mood and instilling confidence. But then I use affirmations to deal with emotional areas, rather that physical tangible goals. However if your eating is triggered emotionally, I figure its best deal first with that.
ttyl!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:41

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

This is such a great thread

I think it's a great idea to always be reminding ourselves of the good instead of stressing over some things that may not be so good. Not easy to do, but the support around here is amazing.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 12:41
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

So where are people's affirmations?? Am I the only one who can't come up with any? Does it mean I have low self esteem, or just no creativity, or what?

Lets see: I am lighter than I used to be and that pleases me.

Then I want to type in "But........... and could go on and on!

Liz
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 14:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

I, Ellen, am a beautiful person, worthy of the successes in my life. I like who I am, and who I am becoming.

That is one I have been doing for a few weeks now....