Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 01:56

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Unhappy Protein Power Pals - Monday - March 15th

good morning all
feeling blue for Dawns loss...

Last edited by unitydkn : Mon, Mar-15-04 at 10:21.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 06:00

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning.
Dawn-so sorry about your loss. Our animals are like our children to us and we do understand.

Good thing I didnt change stats down yesterday as I am up that pound and another one this am

Will check in later.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 06:22

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Dawn:

My menu was a bit high on carbs and protein - low on fiber. Calories were OK. I'm still retaining water - some of my endo blood tests from last week were abnormal - something is up again with this weird body of mine.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake several weeks ago to try to drop 5 lbs or so by about March 15 - began at 177lbs. My weight had dropped to 172.5 a couple of days ago, but has been 175 for 3 days. Going to continue with watching the calories a bit longer. Calories per pound 1629 / 175 = 9.31 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

Total calories: 1629
Fat: 70 gms 633 cal 40%
Sat: 29 gms 265 cal 6%
Poly: 11 gms 95 cal 15%
Mono: 27 gms 240 cal 14%
Carbs: 64 gms 217 cal 14% ECC: 54 gms
Fiber: 10 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 180 gms 720 cal 46%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Large taco salad - ate half of flour tortilla bowl

Dinner:
large Yeti mousse - 2 cups cottage cheese, 1 scoop whey protein, liquid sweetener

About 60 oz water & 30 ozs coffee
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 06:33

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

{{{{{Dawn}}}}}

Good morning, Pals. I'll be back soon for catch-ups!

Paris
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 07:31

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dawn - So sorry about your loss
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 07:38

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Dawn, I am sorry to hear about your loss, Your baby is now free from the pain now and is still around you! Bawdy had just experienced loss alittle while ago to,we do understand and send our support and sympathies! I lost my 2 pet cows that had been with me for 14-15 years this year also, your never do forget, but keep a special place in your heart for them!

Hi Renee,Bawdy,Ellie,Paris and Eightc!

Unity, hope you will be able to find out what is ailing you!

And a HELLO to Elaine, you will continue to be in my prayers as your surgery approaches!

HI to Everyone else!
I will try to get back to you all later on!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 07:59
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good morning folks,

Thanks for the love.... been boohooing.. (wry smiles-whats new huh?) Orang-I saved that picture, thank you.

Down a pound this morning.. I guess I had to threaten it with everyone coming here and burning it!

Unity-when you are using the mouse.. how is your elbow positioned? does it hang mid air, are you sitting cockeyed, does it rest comfortably and supported. What I am referring to is ergodynamics and posture... and it most assuredly could have just put too much of a strain on you, and is pinching a nerve. Posture wise.. do you sit up straight, back tall, breathing deeply? Do you hold your breath alot...

I ask all those q's.. just so you can start thinking.. how that may be affecting you. But I am still thinking that its a pinched nerve in the neck and shoulder region. Never tried just copying and pasting to the posts here...

TOS="Symptoms may begin insidiously after repetitive or stressful activity, such as prolonged computer keyboard use or mechanical and overhead work. Trauma, such as an automobile accident with occurrence of a whiplash injury, also has been associated with onset of TOS with a frequency of up to 23%. Sports activities, especially throwing and swimming, have been implicated as well; symptoms may be similar to those of a clavicular fracture, with a delayed onset from hours to weeks"

Maybe the pics will help....

#8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:02

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

The weekend went well. I got all the moss build up cleaned off the roof of the house. Cleaned the gutters and sprayed off the outside of the house.

Wishing everyone a great Monday.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:45

BF:

Oh, and on a lighter note,
Elaine, can you guess what kind of girl is a rancher's dream??

DRUMROLL: One with FAT CALVES!! I AM the PERFECT one for that! I could be a skeleton and STILL have large ones!

I better get heading back out now!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Monday

Good morning all!

Dawn: So sorry for the loss of your furbaby! I know how hard that can be!

Trying a new diet approach....it is called "eat it 'til you hate it"!!!! I used the "do it 'til you hate it" approach to overcome some past obsessions and addictions and it actually WORKED!!! (I actually stopped smoking this way). The problem is....I am currently on my 3rd half gallon of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and so far....no sign of getting sick of it!!! Boy! This is tough!!!!! whewweee! Guess I'll have to stop after this box even if I'm not sick of it yet......This stunt is done by a professional....don't try this at home!!!

Kat
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:10

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Just caught up with yesterday's last posts. Dawn, so sorry to hear about the cat. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

According to nonstickpam my thyroid seems low as does my progesterone and estardiol even though I am on HRT. That would explain why I am still so achy. My gyn does not seem to think I will need progesterone after surgery but Pam says it's crucial to T3 uptake. Should be some interesting discussions in the next few weeks.

Lissette- good one

Kat, you sound like my evil twin-Breyers

Hi to everyone, been busy at work, will try to check in later.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dawn, I'm so sorry to read about your loss. As someone mentioned, I've now lost four pets in just over two years -- Gradycat (almost 21 years old), Jake (dog, 14 years old), Chloe (cat, 18 years old), just in January we lost Phaedra (cat, 17 years old). Talk about boo-hooing. I was a basket case. I was able to take a week off to spend with Phaedra before she passed.

Songberrie, I just thought of something else. Do you eat pork chops? I used to buy the very expensive butterfly chops. Then one day I bought pork cutlets. They look different, longer and with one or more "sections," and look like they have a little more fat running through them. Anyway, they're less than half the price of the butterfly chops, and WAYYYYYYYYY better! The flavor is awesome, and they don't tend to dry out like the others do. I can usually get a package of 3 cutlets (probably around 1 1/2 pounds) for around $3.00 or less.

Gotta run. Probably won't see you guys again until tomorrow when I work from home.

Make good LC choices!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:50

BF:

Kat, good luck with the eat it till your sick of it approach! i have done that and think that if I ever see it again I would run the other way! Well that only lasts a week for me before I am craving it again!

Got to go and sort out the pregnant mommas now!
catch ya later!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:48

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Got to go and sort out the pregnant mommas now!
had to check you profile to get that one....lol
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 15:01

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hello all!!

dawn--so sory to hear of you loss.

i agree with lissette-- i can eat it till i am sick of it, be okay for a week or two, then i want it again!!!

had a terrable high carb day yesterday, i think i am over it though. today is much better!!! just wish the scale would catch up to my goodness....hehe

have a great day everyone!!