Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/154/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New Girl in "town"

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this wonderful site and one day old with the Atkins plan. I was hoping to meet some people, either in the same boat, or veterans memebers.

Any motivatingadvise would be awesome.

lisabelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 15:28

Stats: 165/165/128
BF:
Progress:
Wink I am also new!!

Hi, I am also beginning with Atkins... I only hope that half of what I have heard might be true... I hope to find a new and better WOL...
Regards,
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 17:49

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

Hi

I'm pretty new too. 10 days or so. Things have been up and down, but I am definitely more healthy today than I was 2 weeks ago. I'll tell you this.... A friend of mine started this wol about 3 months ago and lost 15 pounds. That's what got me started. It's funny because his nose used to run when he'd eat pasta dishes, or big sandwiches. Now it never does. My theory is that he's allergic to either wheat or yeast.

The one thing I do know is that every day I wake up feeling better than the day before, and that's enough of a reason for a life change for me.

Regards,
Brenda
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 18:35

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by itsjoyful
The one thing I do know is that every day I wake up feeling better than the day before, and that's enough of a reason for a life change for me.

You are so right,Brenda. This WOE makes me feel fantastic, the weight loss seems like a great side benefit!

Welcome to the board and to LC, lisabelle. You'll find all kinds of information and tonnes of support here.

Best of luck to you in your LC journey,
Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 19:18

Plan: referencing Atkins
Stats: 330/282.5/175
BF:
Progress: 31%
Cool motivation

Hi,
I am also new to this forum. In fact it is the first time I have actually joined any type of support group. I decided it was time to take control.

My daughter will be two soon and she is my motivation. I used to play sports and was very active. I want to be able to do that for my daughter. She is the light of my life.

Good Luck
You deserve this!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 16:30

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey, new girl,

Way to go! I am one week into the Atkins plan and I joined the forum just today because I felt I needed the support too. I feel like I got going on this new wol, I feel better, but now I need ideas to help myself keep going! Recipes, tips, anything. I can only fix eggs so many ways, right? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and let me know how you do. I have lost 5 lbs. so far, so it does work!

hugs, Tama
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 16:47

Stats: 154/154/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks

Thanks Tamma and everyone for welcoming me so heartily.
I feel great so far (in this WOL) but so many exterior circumstances are effecting me. Happily enough, my appetite is usually curbed when stressful situations arise.

My job is on the line. Well I guess to put it more accurately; I've been laid off and therefore will be out of work on the 31st of October. A great excuse to party it up Halloween!!! Not with the evil…. Candy… but with great wine.. because, guess what, I’m in the wine business.

I cannot say enough how helpful this site has been and it's only been 3 days. I haven't weighted myself yet - I'm one of those anti-scale people. I hate the number thing, but like the way I look or feel, so why stress over numbers??? I’m going to try the suggestion i read here to take my measurements. I'll do that tonight. I’ll post them for honesty reasons!

Thanks again everyone for the encouragement , GRRRRREat energy, and positive words.

Muuuuuahhhhhh,

Lisa Belle