Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 13:27
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

For a while, I had the floor in one corner of my bedroom piled extremely high with size 26, 28, and 30 clothes. I finally bagged it all (it was about six large garbage bags worth of clothes) and donated it to a charity last fall. I kept a few things both so I can try them on periodically and see how far I have come and because I wear a few of the huge old shirts as bathrobes around the house in the evening. My husband hates it when I wear them (I think he has visions of a wife who wears sexy loungerie and this is about as far from it as you can get), but it's comfy!

However, my closet is still a disaster area, because I can't quite let go of the things that are only a couple of sizes too big (I now wear an 18, 20, or occasionally a 22, depending on the brand and how the clothes are cut). I've got everything that fits me at one side of the closet and the stuff that is too big at the other side, but it's basically a disaster area. I know I need to let go of those clothes at some point, but I think I am going to have to take a day off work to sort through them.

My issue right now is that there is nothing in my closet that is too small on me, other than one pair of jeans that I bought to help me gauge my weight loss. I'm about the weight now that I was after the birth of my first child 18 years ago and I went through all the lower weights (down to my goal weight) while pregnant, so I don't have any clothes hanging around that I can wear (I weighed about 180 when I got pregnant with him).

Actually, I hadn't thought about that before, but it's true -- I'm the smallest I've been in 18 years! Okay, I'm still big, but that is an achievement!
Sponsored Links