Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/205/185 Male 69 Inches
BF:
Progress:
Default What is the Combo to shoot for on Fitday?

I saw it here somewhere, and now I cannot find it.

Something about Fat/Protien/??

Thanks!

Drew
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 09:42

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

On Atkins aim for:
70% of your calories from fat, 25% from protein and 5% from carbs.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 12:24

BF:
Progress:

Oie...

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1572
Fat: 106 952 62%
Sat: 27 239 16%
Poly: 28 255 17%
Mono: 33 296 19%
Carbs: 13 42 3%
Fiber: 3 0 0%
Protein: 134 537 35%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

This is my average days work up from fitday... Do I need to just eat a few table spoons of mayo straight to get it up there?

Or is this a get pretty close type thing?

D
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 12:42
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

If anything I suggest more veggies
if your average is 10g carbs a day after fiber has been subtracted that seems like very little.

I usually shoot for 65-70 fat
25-30 protein
and 5% fat

Chances are when you up your veggies you will eat them with butter or dressing or olive oil or some type of fat so you should balance out. Or eat some avocados and get a great dose of fat and fiber and nutrients all in one shot
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 12:46
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Being in induction, my carbs are only 2% everyday it seems.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 13:04

BF:
Progress:

Well I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks. I am staying in induction for now... No problems dropping the carbs, no dizzyness, no fatiuge, etc. Just craved bread for the first 3 days... But that is over.

I basically eat...
Celery for breakfest few sticks as I head out the door.
Coffee 2 cups - Yea I know. But I drink it anyways.
Then for lunch I have a beef patty with lettuce, pickles and a touch of mustard. Small salad on the side with ranch.
Dinner is similiar to lunch
Finally I have a snack of Pork Rinds. God I love them.

I never feel hungry, and I have gone from 230 to 205 (As of this morning) in less than three weeks.

So sould I change? or Just stay with what works?

Oh. And I notice that if I have 1 serving of peanuts... I loose nothing for the day. Is that strange?

Drew
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 13:08
Registered Member

Stats: 165/119/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 115%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewConrad

Oh. And I notice that if I have 1 serving of peanuts... I loose nothing for the day. Is that strange?

Drew

Hmmm, nuts of any kind aren't allowed during induction. That may be why....
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 15:12

BF:
Progress:

Well I was going to come out of induction... but the 2 day stall, with the only real change being less than 20 peanuts... Changed my mind.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 17:02
Butter Tastes Better

BF:

Well peanuts are kinda carby. They are also legumes not nuts. I know that peanut butter the first time I had it triggered massive cravings for me but now its just fine.

Weight loss isnt supposed to happen every day or every week. Thats something that you should always keep in mind. If you lose nothing in a day, it doesnt mean that you are eating a 'bad' food just how your body works sometimes.

Atkins suggests when you introduce a new food into your diet to eat small amounts of it every day for a week not just one day and if you see no weight loss stop. You need to give your body time to adjust.

Your menu seems fine. It seems kinda low in cals, but thats just from a rough estimate in my head.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 17:54

Stats: 252/155/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 73%

On the suject of nuts I LOVE CASHEWS!! I know they are a bit high in carbs but i love them.My problem once I start I can't stop. I can't figure out how many cashews = 1 oz
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 18:14
Butter Tastes Better

BF:

22 almonds is about 1oz and cashews appear to be around the same size and weight but I dont eat cashews so that is just from memory and I may be totally off.
The most accurate way to find out is to just get a small food scale and weigh it a few times and then you will have a general estimate to go by.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 18:46

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
I basically eat...
Celery for breakfest few sticks as I head out the door.
Coffee 2 cups - Yea I know. But I drink it anyways.
Then for lunch I have a beef patty with lettuce, pickles and a touch of mustard. Small salad on the side with ranch.
Dinner is similiar to lunch
Finally I have a snack of Pork Rinds. God I love them.

Don't sweat the coffee....now they're saying it's good for your heart. Lots of people drink coffe and have no problems. Just keep it to a minimum and keep track of milk, cream, sweeteners, etc.

Also....when you grab that celery for breakfast, try adding some cream cheese (full fat). It will taste so much better and will give you added fat, and protein.

I also hope you're planning on varying your diet soon? It's not good to stick with the same foods. You'll get bored if nothing else. But it's also important to have a variety of foods to make sure you get all your nutrients.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 19:41

BF:
Progress:

Milk in coffee!?! ICK! Black for me!

I have never been a picky eater (Part of my problem I guess) and I do not eat for emotional reasons. I have just always eaten alot of carbs... And it adds up I suppose.

I do change the beef with chicken/pork/Fish. And some mornings I have eggs, and bacon/sausage... But before I started this plan I never ate breakfest to start with. My prep time for heading out the door is about 10 mins. I roll out of bed, brush teeth, dress and I am out the door. So it has been really hard for me to get up those few moments earlier to cook something. Hench I grab the sticks on the way out and eat them in the car! I know. Horrid. But I also know I really need to eat SOMETHING in the morning.

Variety... Humm. Yea that may be nice. But food to me has always been an after thought. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is there 2 times a day when I set aside time to eat! Guess I need to change that.

It is something I have to work on! This week I will eat something besides celery each morning! There is a goal. heh

Thanks all!

Drew
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 19:47

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

What do those numbers look like for a typical full maint. phase day? Just curious as that is the area I am trying to stay within.

Jenn
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 20:33

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Drew: "My prep time for heading out the door is about 10 mins. I roll out of bed, brush teeth, dress and I am out the door."

That's me all the way.

It's usually 10 min or less from the time I wake up to I'm out the door. Prior preparation is very important. Try some of the LC shakes or meal bars. Be careful with the meal bars, as they can cause stalls in some.

I use the EAS Carb Controlled shakes. If I have time in the morning I mix Coconut oil, egg beaters in a blender, then add Flax seed and the shake (sometimes I add a little cream too). I let the oil and eggs go for a while on stir while I get dressed, then mix in the others and pour into a "sippy cup" (cup/bottle with lid & straw) and go! If I'm in a real hurry I just grab the shake. I also have a couple in work, just in case I miss a meal.

I'm not a fan of the bars, so I can't advise you on those.

Another thing you can do is make your breakfast the night before and just mic it in the morning. I make scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage/kielbasa and then just nuke it. Some mornings I take it with me and eat at work, others I eat it before I leave (boy, that's rare!)

One of the things about this WOE, is to plan, plan plan. Until the world becomes a LOT more LC friendly, you have to rely on yourself to make sure you have your foods around and eat properly.

Elsah, I've not gotten to maintenance yet, so I don't know the percentages. You should check out the success stories and journals. I'm sure you'll fine refernces to what people are eating. Try a search too.