Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 190/188/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 4%
Exclamation So glad I switched to weighing only once/week!

I am steadily losing around 2 to 2 1/2 pounds per week. But I was weighing every day and it was so discouraging because it went up and down all week! Now, I weigh every friday morning and 2 pounds were gone again this week! Woo hoo!

Natalie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

WTG!!

I admit to being a scale slave as well. I have started a challenge with a few others on the forum to only weigh twice a week.. it's HARD, but well worth it! Kudos to you!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:39

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

I totally agree with weighing in only once a week. I think we tend to have daily fluctuations that can be discouraging at times.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:43

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I am so glad you made the switch! I weigh once a week and record whatever that is. Weighing everyday just plays mind games with me since this is supposed to be a WOL I had to do something to stop that kind of thinking. Weighing every week and not everyday makes me an easier person to live with.

Cindi
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 135/120/120 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am going to force myself to only weigh once a week. I stepped on the scales today and I am up 1.5 lbs. I'm not sure why but I am about to go away for the weekend and now all I can think of is "why did I gain, what did I eat wrong?" I am going to have my husband hide the scales and only bring them out once a week.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:52

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I too am glad you made the switch. I weigh weekly and it really helps with the emotional rollercoaster that the scale can bring.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:44
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:

I was so good about only weighing once a week at my weigh in group, but now I find myself getting on the scale at home. I said I was not going to become a slave to the scale so I had better get this habit corrected. Its so hard to watch the fluctuations. Where is the posted?

Neen
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:44
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:

oops I meant to ask where is the challenge posted
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:08

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I was starting to think that I should only be weighing once a week also...because I DO get discouraged when things aren't going down...but now I'm glad I do weigh daily. I've been climbing the carb ladder and discovered that when I eat cottage cheese I am up the next day. The weight drops after a couple of days of not eating it, so if I hadn't been checking each day I never would have discovered this, and would have likely continued to eat the cottage cheese and not lose any weight. So when you're adding new stuff it might be a good idea to check the scales a bit more often. When I get to my CCLL I will probably go to once a week weighing.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:14

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree with Freckles on weighing more often if you're making changes.

I weigh every morning now that I finally bought a scale and it's not a good thing. I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning and then put the scale away and only weigh in on Saturdays from now on. I drive myself crazy with that stupid thing
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 06:29
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

My goal is to weight once a week! I had a thread awhile back about my scale obsession, and I've had a NSV of sorts. I actually weighed every day this week, but only first thing in the morning! That's down from about 27 weighings a week! I used to get so mad at myself, playing "head games" with the scale. I would weigh first thing, and then get mad when I weighed a few hours later and would be up 3 pounds! Well, duh - clothes do weigh a little more than when I step on the scale in my panties! Anyway, I'm working towards that goal of once a week weighing on Monday morning!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:22
Registered Member

Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

I've been weighing once a week since I started on 12/27/03. It works much better for me. I think I have pretty big water fluctuations. I know myself. I'd obsess waaaaaaaaaaay too much if I tried to weigh every day. So now I just do my eating, mostly on auto-pilot at this point, and weigh in once a week. It can still be discouraging--I tend to go in patterns of losing some inches for about two weeks then a week or two of pound loss, so weighing just once a week is good because I have to focus on other measures, like those jeans I can now wear.

Nancy
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:25

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

I agree with Freckles - when you are still experimenting with what you can add and what not, I am so glad when I get an early warning from the scale. I guess I am not a scale slave anyway because I only got frustrated when it didn't go down for a month!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 17:56

Stats: 185/179.5/140 Female 5'0"
BF:43%/43%/25%
Progress: 12%

Eeeks, I weigh myself TONS of times a day. First thing when I wake up, then after I go bathroom, then before I go to bed at night to see how much I lose overnight while sleeping! So three times a day -- minimum!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 05:05

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

I weigh only on Mondays and find its the best way, last week I weighed my self on a wednesday and thought I had gined and it put me under alot of pressure before the following Monday which I was down

But each to there own