Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 07:49

Plan: non strict Atkins - don't
Stats: 160/129/132 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress: 111%
Default I'm seriously considering

A weight loss pill or aid. I can't get past 138 - I got to 137 and I didn't weigh for one week. i'm now at 138.5 this morning. I caan't budge it. I've been here since Dec.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:01
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I vote for just putting the scale away, and avoiding pills. It's just a number after all. You are only two pounds from goal and have done a wonderful job getting there! Best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:06

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

My vote: don't do it. Those things are dangerous, and they can be habit-forming. If you feel that your body doesn't quite look the way you want it to, exercise is the best way to fix that. It's not bad once you get started, really. (And it's easier when you're closer to goal weight.)

Besides, you are 2 pounds from goal. Maybe you should redefine your goal. Your gallery photo at 148 pounds looks pretty impressive. I bet that 11 pounds later it is even more so.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:08

Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm with them. Don't take the pills. I don't think they are safe at all, and you've come so far. It will happen for you, just wait it out.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:18

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

You're so healthy now, why risk pills -- you've done so well, you must feel great -- 2# is not work getting into pills - for the cost of those pills, spend the money on some clothes instead!

Vikki
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:18

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Don't do it! Your body knows what it is doing, truly. I have been yo yoing, up and down between 136 and 140 since August but I have lost 4 1/2 inches since November. IMO my body makes adjustments that make losing seem so dreadfully slow. I am sure that it made similar adjustments when I gained 40 lbs over the past 10 years. I just didn't weigh myself so often when I was gaining. In other posts, members are saying how oil of oregano has helped them. It also helps with gas, constipation and bloating. Perhaps that is something you would want to consider. I am trying it, but it is too early for me to testify for - or against it.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Pills are frightening - a few years ago I went on phen phen - thankfully only for a month, but back then it was touted as the "perfect, safest weightloss pill"...well, guess what, it killed people - and damaged thousands of others. These pills are NOT worth the consequences. Heaven only knows what will come out as a "side" effect of these so called "good" pills in the future....please be careful.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:07

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Thank god Phen Phen is now illegal

Vikki
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,protein power
Stats: 134/118/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

Dittos to all of the replies. I "stacked" for 6 months a couple of years ago. And while the pounds came off, I didn't "learn" good eating habits. The weight I lost was "fake"! I mean that when you stop taking them, the weight comes back. When the ephedra worries started surfacing, I quit taking them but didn't change my eating. Sure enough in a short period of time, I had regained 10 pounds! I would say that you are at your goal weight. My weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds during ONE day! If you're thinking you are still too heavy, you might want to reset your goal & intensify your efforts. For me, I had to realize that my goal was to be healthier, feel better, ect. and I think that this WOE is the way to obtain that goal. Pills, while getting rid of the pounds, didn't fit in w/my goal of a healthier life. Don't mean to sound "preachy" but you should give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for accomplishing what you have done!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:12
Registered Member

Stats: 264/218.5/155 Female 5'9"
BF:43%/38%/23%
Progress: 42%

I would say if you were to try anything, I would get some Atkins Accel. Have you tried those yet...they may help you get off the last couple of lbs. I take them now and I'm not even close to my goal, but I find they give me a push, a little more energy too. Some people say they don't work for them, but I've found that they work for me.

Good luck
Eddiesgirl
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:18

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Maybe your body is trying to tell you something?
Possibly just an adjustment period, which may or may not last.
You're looking great now - why take the chance with artificial anything?

Note to self: stop obsessing about the numbers of the scale. What about the numbers on the tape measure, or the clothing in my closet? That's a much better gauge. The more muscle, the more weight, so the scales can deceive, but the clothes and the tape measure don't lie.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 12:55

the thing is my measurements haven't changed since Dec. I'm really at 138..5 again and My goal weight should be adjusted to 130 I truly need to lose 8 more pounds (at least!)

I am exercising.

Before atkins I could not lose zilch! nadda, nothing!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 13:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

thats funny, i'm in the same boat you are except I've been 138 since jan. are you 5'4 too? I look good I think but I still want to weigh b/t 125-130 I think I may try the atkins KISS. I started taking oil of oregeno and accidophilus for a possible yeast buildup but its too early to tell if its working. I guess we just hang in there huh?
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 16:38

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

I know you are serious, but I have to repeat what everyone else is saying, don't take pills. Is anyone ever going to say, "Hey, did you lose 2 pounds?"
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 17:07

okayt, I won't but I'm mighty discouraged I tell ya! I'm 5-3