Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 08:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/183/150
BF:
Progress: 25%

Welcome Erin!!

It really is best to buy Dr. Atkin's book. It lays everything out. But be prepared, you will still have questions about the plan when you are done with the book. We all have questions!!

I'll be honest with you--induction is hard. I'm not saying that to discourage you in any way, but you need to mentally prepare yourself for it. You are going to be challenged and you have to be up for that. I've told my friends this same thing. Induction stinks because you are telling your body that it can no longer have the things it has always had--so in turn your body rebels! You will get headaches, cravings, fatigue, and maybe more. But with each day it gets better. That is your light at the end of the tunnel. By about Day 4 or so, you will wake up and feel totally different, and GREAT!

Like Nat said, compare different low-carb plans. I wish I would have done that in the beginning because there are lots of plans, and they all seem to work better for some people and not for others. In the meantime, you can eat low carb. Have your bacon and eggs for breakfast and have a salad for lunch (watch any sweet dressings though).

You've already done good though--coming here for support! You've got the right mindset!! Just keep it going!! GOOD LUCK!!