Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 06:51

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%
Smile

Thanks for the tip, SuzieQ. I checked the fibercon, but it doesn't say anything about carbs. I've used them before and it didn't have a neg. effect. Plus, I made my first goal today! I'm finally rid of those Christmas pounds! Onward and DOWNWARD, I say!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 18:16

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

WTG Teardrop Ricky and MamaSara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful! You all have done great things the last couple of weeks. I hope it is still great!!!

I have been smokefree for 19years. Now if I could just keep carbfree

Walk/ran Thurs. and basketball Fri. My leags hurt but good to do something again! My dd and I are ging to start step again. That will really help get the ball rolling!
I only have 1 month left of my 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really want to be in better shape by the big day!!!
  #168   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 07:08

Ugh! Don't you hate it when those pounds come right back? I'm pretty sure it's only water, but I'm back up to 177 today--probably from eating too many Worcestershire Pecans. Lots of water today and no more pecans!
  #169   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 19:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey ya'll - Good to be home. Spent a few days with family I forgot I had...was at my favorite uncle's funeral. Even spent some time with 2 of my sisters and my oldest brother and his wife. Haven't seen them in over 2 years. Then some cousin's I haven't seen since elementary school. Wow- I look good. Yeah!!!
This is my 7th day. Had a really hard time at the memorial service,and chewed a lot of that nicorette---only to figure out I didn't change the patch out - so now I'm patch free too....yippee. I did take a puff off someone's cig the day I was leaving just to p - my sisters off, and give him a jab, because he's going in for a lung biopsy in a couple of days....and by the looks of him - its probably mets.
About the weight,,,,wasn't home for the saturday weigh in,and with all the salami,cappicola,and other processed meats, and soft cheese - I'm not getting near a scale this week.Will just have to wait for the weight...
Week 2 of Lent starting, and it's crunch time now. The emotion has worn off and now will rely on momentum to keep me off cigarettes and on the weight control bandwagon. Later Gators....
  #170   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 12:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/177.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi all! Good going with being smoke-free Ricky. I still haven't quit, but I'm really goiong to try. The scale's been moving downward, slowly but surely. I'm seeing more of a lose of inches and I'll take that. It's amazing how many people are low carbing now. A friend started in January and also goes to Curves and she's lost 30 lbs. and 15 inches. I signed back up at the gym, so now I can work out there as well as doing the treadmill at home.

Hope all is well with everybody.

suziQ
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 17:42

Hi SusiQ WTG on the plan. I have a treadmill I like really well. I was addicted to it but then something happened and I need to get back on it! Guess it is because it is soooo cold downstairs where we have it. i also don't like having the litterbox nearby.
Have been doing good on plan finally!!! Hurray. Cravings are pretty much gone...Now to up the water!
  #172   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 14:59

I have to lose 4lbs a week to reach goal by my birthday...Think I can do it??? I know one girl who lost 9lb wk for several weeks but she got sick from it.
I doubt I will do it but nice that the weight is going downward.
  #173   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 17:16
Registered Member

BF:

Karen,

Even if you aren't able to lose the 4 lbs. a week, just losing any amount is a plus. I haven't set any goal date for myself. I figure I'll just go at my own pace and as long as it's dropping off and nothing's coming back on, I'll be happy.

suziQ
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 18:59

Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

Hi everyone,

I was reading through the forum this morning while waiting for my Mom to get here so we could go to costco (yay) and I found this challenge.

I have been looking for one to join and I hope you all don't mind if I hop on in here.

I am in my 40s, single mom of two girls, and coming back from a head injury 18 months ago. I had been working out and watching my food prior to then, but alas for about the last 16 months been pretty much sitting on my duff.

I am doing atkins and currently have kept my self in induction, averaging about 18.94 carbs per day.

My short term goals are to lose 7 pounds by April 13, that's one month from now.

I exercise 6 days a week, 3 treadmill/walking, 3 the Firm aerobics w/weights.

I am not losing quickly but I think that's because I have been working out faithfully since since week 2.

This thread was highly motivating to me personally. Keep up the good work everyone!
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 21:43

Hi Wicky, That is a great workout schedule! WTG I need to do that too! I am wanting a bike now...Maybe for my b-day. I am 39 and holding...until April 7th that is
I want to feel even stronger by then! I already feel better than when I turned 30!
Welcome
  #176   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 06:06

Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Oh brother - my body is really revolting against this change in lifestyle...I'm down to 1 pot of coffee (lite-1/2 the caffine) a day since it's a trigger to smoke....Been drinking green tea and caffine free tea instead...chewing that gum till my tounge is sore,and so is my jaw...and all the sugar fee candies have put me up nearly 5#'s on the scale. Have to get drastic and go back on induction to clear the field for this withdrawl. Need some cheer leaders. It's been several months since I did induction, use to do it for a couple of days a week without thinking about it, but now I have to think about it and it's going to take a lot of control. Do I have it in me?????yes I can...the little steam engine that could ha, ha. anyone got something magical I can try?
  #177   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 15:57
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome Wicky! There's a great group of supportive people here.

Ricky,

You took on the no-cig challenge and are doing it, so losing those 5 lbs. will be a breeze for you.

suziQ
  #178   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:55

Talking Cheer

Ricky it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great what you are doing for yourself! It is sooooooooooooo worth it. I have had two close friends have lung cancer in the last 2 yrs. Both were smokers. My dad had Kidney cancer last yr and he too was a smoker...may not be any relation there but he had terrible lung probs until he quit. It had improved sooo much! I cannot think of anything els other than maybe suppliments. They help with carb cravings, maybe there is somthing for smoking cravings.?!
KEEP GOING IT GETS BETTER
  #179   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 00:18

Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

Ricky - I wish you great success on your no smoking challenge. That's my last vice and I envy your courage to face it head on and do it.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Pre3 - Biking would be great. I have one at my mom's house, maybe it's time to blow off the cobwebs. I'll have to give that some thought.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.
  #180   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 05:34

Hi Wicky! Welcome to the club!

Keep up the good work, Ricky! You can do it! We went up for fil's 70th birthday this weekend (12 hour drive Friday, party Sat., 11 hr. drive Sunday! Whew!). He used to be a huge smoker, back when the kids were young, but he kicked the habit.

Also, I was surrounded by temptations---birthday cake, kid's snacks in the car, girl scout cookies, pasta---but I wasn't even tempted. The point is, you CAN get to a point where it becomes a lifestyle. I may not keep my carbs low enough all the time, but I've reached a point where I'm not interested in the bad stuff anymore. And that will happen with smoking too, just take it one day at a time and you'll do it!

I have a bike--that I never ride! I love bikes, but there are so many hills around here that it is a killer! And dh doesn't have one, so to go where it is flat, I'd have to go alone, or with the kids and I don't want to do that. Dh rides it sometimes for a change of pace. He makes me sick--he's still as thin as he was in high school!