Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/220/190 Male 69
BF:???
Progress: 40%
Angry I shoulda measured.!!!!!

As I've said earlier.. I usually weigh myself daily.. but only really pay attention to what the scale says on Friday. Well, if yesterdays weight is any indication, this will be the first week where I did not lose any pounds. Looks like I'm gonna have to take some measurements as well as the usual Friday weight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 14:01

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Definitely take measurements! I didn't decide to until after my 2nd week when my loss started slowing down. I sure am glad I did! Granted I still lost pounds in my third week, I realized I lost 2.5 inches around my waist! As well as inches in other places, but 2.5 in a week! How cool!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 14:03
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I waited till well into the tried week when the scale stopped moving Just think of all the inches I missed!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 18:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/216/150 Female 5'10
BF:Do Not Know
Progress: 12%

Thanks for the advice on this thread and another. I will be sure to take my measurements soon.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 21:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've always found tape measures to be awkward, so I prefer to use the old pant-o-meter method. Find a tight pair of pants that aren't made of stretch material, and watch yourself shrink into them.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 05:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

i dont play the scale game anymore, the pants thing works for me also. i use to tighten my duty belt as tight as it would go and see how much fat was hanging over it. the people at work would see the fat hanging over it and make fun of it.... hey it kept me motovated.. my belt is way to big now and i aint got no fat to hang over nothing. i could have wore my belt were they couldnt see the fat, but i wanted it to remind me daily of what i needed to lose. i think my wife misses the love handles though. for me just lose it till all the fats gone then weigh if ya want to... either way atkins kiss works!