Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 01:03
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 275/265/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Here I am again........

But this time I am positive that I am going to make it and achieve my goal. The whole last year I went from diet to diet. and in between my weight watchers and adkins diet, i want on the see food diet. eat all you see. Gosh what a crazy year. But this year ( i know i started a little late) I have to lose wt. it is about begin healthy. I'm 5'3 and weight 266. I was up to 280 and down to 254. But now I'm at 266. I am on my 4th day of atkins. I've done pretty good so far. So I decide to join the forum in hope that I will have support around me. People I can run to when I begin to slide.

My name is Alisia. I am 28 yrs old. and I live in California. I have a very full life. very much involoved in my church. But there have been things that my wt has been holding me back in. I've always been heavy, and there were so many times that I let my insecurities rule what i said or did. or in most cases didn't do. So I really want to lose wt. I dont want to be 40 yrs old and say man there were so many things I did not have the confidence to do because of my wt. Don't get me wrong I am not a hermit. I've traveled to Europe and the east coast. But personally I've held my self back. Maybe I am getting a little personal here but I have not ever truly fallen in love. I've never allowed myself cuz I did not want to be rejected. I've always felt I was not good enough. These last few years I've grown as a person, become more assertive. But I am still not where I would like to be. I try to tell myself that I am beautiful the way that I am. and i know i am, but it would help me if I would lose the wt. I know that if i lose the wt it won't solve all the insecurities. But I will feel better about myself physically. and that will help. Well if i kinda got to personal in my first post, sorry!!!! But i just had to get my feelings down. Because I really want to reach my goal this time for me.

thanks all
alisia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 05:47
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Welcome! It sounds like you are serious and motivated.

There is so much wonderful support here.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 09:29
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome to the forums Alisia! Best of luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 10:09

Plan: low carbs and low GI inde
Stats: 225/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:?Don't Wanna Know!
Progress: 67%
Smile Welcome Welcome Welcome

It's great that your first sentence was so positive!!!! I'm sure you're gonna make it with an attitude like that! I have only been a member a few days and have found this site to be so helpful and informative.....hopefully you do too!

I don't follow a specific low carb program - probably should - but I watch my carb intake along with the glycemic index because of PCOS and Cholesterol -helath related problems. I must be doing something right becasue I feel so much better than I can ever remember feeling! (Of course the first few weeks were trying - but after that it's pretty smooth sailing so don't give up)

I feel so bad that you feel you can't seriously commit to someone and fall in love becasue of your weight. I want to tell you that there is someone out there that God made just for you that will love you whether you are 100 pounds or 1000 pounds but you have to look to find him.

My hubby has been the #1 supporter for me and not because he didn't like my fat body ....... but becasue he loves me no matter what! He loved me at 225 pounds he loves me at 190 pounds and he will love me when I reach my goal of 150 pounds. No more - no less than before because that's what love is UNCONDITIONAL!!!!!!!

Please don't think I'm uncaring about your weight loss because I wish you great success in that.......but......more than anything I wish you Love!

There is nothing better than to know there is another half of you out there rooting for you! (and I don't mean those extra pounds we are all trying to shed)

Someone suggested that I start a journal here on the site so I did that one of the first nights I was online. Stop by and take a look if you want! Start your own journal and let me know I would love to keep in touch so that when you find that special person I can be one of the first to say CONGRATULATIONS you have achieved the biggest success you will ever have!

I'll add you to my buddy list and keep an eye out for that journal to start!

Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 01:44

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Alisia,

Welcome to the forum! I'm in California too. Where abouts are you? I'm in the Bay Area.

I've been on that see food diet before too! Didn't work very well for me though I find Atkins to be much better for actually losing weight

This is a great place to get support and encouragement! I agree with Rapp that starting a journal is a really good idea!

Good luck on your low carb journey!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 19:20
California Dreamin

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/150/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 100%

Hi Alisia!!
Welcome to the forum...
I'm in Riverside, CA...
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 21:51
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 275/265/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default My home

This is Alisia. I am from northen California, Modesto.