Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 16:12

Plan: BFL
Stats: 215/215/185 Male 69
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Newbies to BFL

Hey there...

Tonight my girlfriend and I are starting the BFL program, I was on it approximately a month ago and fell off the wagon for 2 weeks when I lost my workout partner.

What I need is some help... if anyone can supply us with their workout routines and/or meal planner we would greatly appreciate the help.

I noticed in my first month that I was incredibly sore... Seems to have died down after the first 2 weeks, however it was harsh on the body... any suggestions?

Lastly... I have some myoplex (sp) shakes that I make with milk and ice as my cheap blender won't chop it without liquid... I don't want to consume a lot of milk but I can't stomach the taste with water... any last suggestions.

Greg and Jenn
Jadedheart79~hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 16:56
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD
Hey there...

Tonight my girlfriend and I are starting the BFL program, I was on it approximately a month ago and fell off the wagon for 2 weeks when I lost my workout partner.

What I need is some help... if anyone can supply us with their workout routines and/or meal planner we would greatly appreciate the help.
You can see one of my old routines in my gym log. Just click on the button at the bottom of this post.
Quote:
I noticed in my first month that I was incredibly sore... Seems to have died down after the first 2 weeks, however it was harsh on the body... any suggestions?
A lot of people here use L-Glutamine to help with the soreness. Taking 5 grams, 2 or 3 times a day seems to help. If you try it, get the powdered stuff, not the capsules.
Quote:
Lastly... I have some myoplex (sp) shakes that I make with milk and ice as my cheap blender won't chop it without liquid... I don't want to consume a lot of milk but I can't stomach the taste with water... any last suggestions.
Sorry, I can't really help with this one. What flavour do you have. I think vanlilla sucks, but I like strawberry and chocolate isn't too bad. But the old style vanilla (made with aspertame instead of sucralose) is on sale everywhere, so I'm using vanilla right now.

Good luck with C1, and keep us posted on your progress,
Arnie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 17:17

Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

On the Myoplex thing.

The only one I really like is the Strawberry, I think it tastes great. Recently bought a variety box which has Chocolate and Vanilla flavours also.

The Chocolate is okay but today I added some peppermint essence to it, brilliant what a difference.

The Vanilla one I absolutely hate, but I mixed half with half of the Strawberry and it isn't to bad.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 10:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/220/190 Male 69
BF:???
Progress: 40%

besides me being hungry all the time.. the only other reason I didn't like the BFL program was the fact that they pushed tons of supplements and chemicals on you. I did it with none of these things and it still worked great.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 15:10

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
besides me being hungry all the time.. the only other reason I didn't like the BFL program was the fact that they pushed tons of supplements and chemicals on you. I did it with none of these things and it still worked great.

I think the supplaments just make it easier to do. For example, it's easier for me to drink two protein shakes per day than to actually try and get 6 meals per day in.

One other modification I have made is I dropped the BFL cardio methods. Instead I am running 3 miles per day on T/Th/Sat currently and will be increasing that as I am trynig to pull off a mini-marathon here a couple months.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 15:56

Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterdman
the only other reason I didn't like the BFL program was the fact that they pushed tons of supplements and chemicals on you.

No they don't, he does not say anywhere in the book that you HAVE to use supplements to complete a successful program.

The only reason I use Myoplex is because there is no way I could eat 6 times a day (or prepare that many meals per day), for me it is a convenience thing. The phrase supplements conjurs up different things in people, to me Mypolex is not a supplement it is a meal replacement shake. A supplement would be BetaGen or Creatin etc etc.

Mike