Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 21:42

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

I am aware of a raw food vegetarian diet for weight loss concentrating on nonstarchy raw vegetables. It takes more calories to chew the food than the food has in it. Also all the nurients are intact since it is not cooked.

I have the recipe for the cabbage soup somewhere. I will try to find it and post it. I thought the cabbage soup was great. It was the other additions that kept the diet from working, in my opinion.

I wrote down your recipe for cabbage lasagna. I look forward to trying it, using TVP or soy sausage. Thanks for the recipe.

Last edited by mem2 : Thu, Feb-26-04 at 21:53.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/232/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I am now convinced that the cabbage does help move the weight loss along faster. I really enjoyed your comments. You guys are great.

PotatoFree: Thanks for the idea of Corned Beef and Cabbage. I had forgotten all about that. I used to love to cook that in my crock pot while I was at work. Ummmy ... Good idea!

Matty: Pretty funny comment about your "Cabbage Head EX" LOL

TrustyCat: I hope you like the Lasagna--You can add all kinds of other low carb ingredients if you like to. Mushrooms, green peppers, pepperoni, etc.

Mem2: Sounds good about using the other meat. I actually use Ground Turkey in my Lasagna more than I do ground beef-- but my company prefers the ground beef. I really do like using the ground turkey though.

Thanks for all the good input everyone.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 10:41
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up

There's a really great recipe for fried cabbage in the forum at:

the best fried cabbage ever thread.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 20:59

BF:

Thanks Carolyn,
That is an excellant recipe. It sounds really good. I am going to fix it tomorrow. I am making round steak with green peppers and onions. I think this will go with it also.
Have you tried it before? I really appreciate the recipe.

Have a good evening!

Quilt
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 21:02

BF:

Hey you guys--I just thought of another cabbage recipe. We could make stuffed cabbage rolls with ground beef or ground turkey. We couldn't use the rice, but we could just use more beef and some onion and green pepper. I seem to use green pepper a lot any more.

You guys have inspired me to find more cabbage recipes.
Thanks to all of you!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 21:24
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I've actually MADE cabbage rolls. Instead of the rice, I added chopped celery and some shredded cabbage (the middle parts too small for rolling) to "bulk up" the meat mixture.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 21:48

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

mmm, sounds delicious guys-- but how do u make a cabbage roll? I've never made one, ever!!! But i remember, they were so good-- i don't like rice anyways, what if we stuffed them with tuna?.... please post recipie instructions, lol-- i love this, we should form a cabbage club
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 21:51

BF:

Potatofree,

That is a great idea. I will try it. Do you use low carb tomato paste in your cabbage roll recipe? I have never made them since doing low carb. I am hungry for it now.
Thanks!
Quilt
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 22:14

BF:

Trustycat.

You make a cabbage roll kind of like making a little individual meat loaf and then you roll it in a cabbage leaf and pour either a can of tomatoes or tomato sauce or whatever you like over it before you bake it. I haven't made them for a while but I will look the recipe up in my cookbook and adapt it to low carb and after I make it I will send you the recipe. I saw some other cabbage roll recipes on some other low carb sites, but not sure I would like those as well. I will let you know after I check them out further.

Potatofrees recipe sounds pretty good- we just need to check with her about the amounts, etc.

Thats pretty good about the "cabbage club"

I'll get back to you with the cabbage roll recipe. I hope it will be good.

Quilt
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 02:30
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I was trying to make cabbage rolls with varying success. One night I tried just putting it all together in a skillet instead. While it wasn't quite a cabbage roll, it had the same taste and was really good. If you find your cabbage rolls don't seem to be working, you might try that
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/166/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 70%

Just wanted to let anyone know that I made the coleslaw for lunch today and it is awsome.
The lasagna is in the oven as we speak.
Hope I have the same effect though that was not the purpose of the meal. I am just looking for different things to eat that taste like meals not just a hunk of meat.

I made the coleslaw with my minichopper thing so just added a spoonful of mayo and a bit of vinager but ummmmmmm.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 17:25
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'll have to try the lasagne. I made the zucchini one and found it sooo addicting. Lasagne was one of my favorite pre-low-carb treats.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 18:18

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

is the coleslaw just cabbage, mayo, and vinegar?-- u ate just that for lunch??? lol, u must really be a fan!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 18:24
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I made Karens Kheema - Spiced beef and mixed it up with stir fried cabbage and thought it was amazing!

I will try adding some shredded cabbage to my salads.

I am not big on soups and boy do I remember that cabbage soup diet. I forced myself to drink that thing. I would drink it when I would do all liquid fasts.

And now I wonder how my system got so messed up lol.

My grandmother has an amazing stuffed cabbage recipe... I think I will ask her how she makes it.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 19:24

Stats: 144/117/115 Female 5' 3.5
BF:
Progress: 93%

I like to saute chopped cabbage leaves til crisp-tender in a combo of olive oil and butter, then salt and pepper. Mmm!

Peach