Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 05:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Saturday, February 28

Good morning!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 05:51

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Well, good morning to you too!

I was way busy at work in the AM yesterday and then I had a half day off and went to get my hair cut and run errands.

I am cranky-waiting to eat b'fast because I have to go get my 6 mo blood work done at 9 and need to do that on a fasting stomach. Then it's grocery shopping and laundry. What an exotic life I lead. The only thing missing is galloping around roping in heifers

Food has been ok, staying within points and cals, carbs etc.
Saw the supplements thread-right now I am taking Twin Lab 2 a day with iron because my doc wants me to build up iron because I will be donating my own blood before surgery. I usually take that multi without iron or Country Life Maxine without iron , ginko, feverfew for mild headaches, glucosamine/chondroitin, essential oils , extra Vit E. I don't do drugstore brands, never found their potency to be high enough.

Hello to our newbies, semi-lurkers and the usual gang of suspects.
Congrats to our losers!!!!!

Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 06:26

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning!

Semi-lurker, hope-to-be newbie! I am currently researching Protein Power along with hubby. We are hoping to make the switch from our Zone/SBD-esque program to PP because, well, it makes sense! Either the Eades have climbed into my brain and told me exactly what I want to hear, or this WOE works for the majority of us! DH and I are moving to start the program 3/8 (financial constraints do not allow a large shopping expidedition before then, and we want to read all the books completely before beginning).

Y'all seem like a lovely group of folk - so friendly and giving! The archives and current posts are so helpful! I really like and appreciate that. Take care!

Paris
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:23
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:

::::::singing::::::Saturday in the park, think it was the 4rth of july.. ::::Name that Tune!

Sunny, crisp, and no snow. YES.. all is right with the world.. and the DRIZZLE fairy came to see me.. I broke my 18 day holding pattern.. phew my wings were getting tired.. Down 1 lb!! YIPPEE!! Gosh.. but that was painful.

Hi to Paris!! Ok...off and running, should have been ready to go 10 minutes ago, but wanted to drop in ..seems like my norm is one of the lasts posts for the day.. do you all go back and read them before starting the next days readings?

Have a loverly day!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:28

BF:

Hi, Paris! Welcome aboard to you and your hubby! As others around here know, I'm always jealous when someone gets their husband to join also. Mine looks at a package of Girl Scout cookies as a single-serving container.

I'm always confused, though, when people say they can't start right away because they need to do a huge shopping spree. I can understand being a little low on veggies, but that's because I'm the only one around here (it's just me and hubby) who eats veggies so I can't buy much at a time.

As long as you have meat and veggies in the house, you're good to go. Stay away from the Frankenfoods, which you probably have been, seeing as how you were on the Zone and Sugar Busters(?).

Whenever I cook dinner, I cook enough for several meals. Like I said, there are two of us. Pork chops? I cook at least 8. Chicken breasts? 8. Porterhouse steaks? OK, well I only cook 2 because steak gets overcooked when you warm it up. Anyway, you get the idea. Make lots, and then have that for snacks and lunches.

One Frankenfood I won't give up is my protein shake, though I typically only have 2 or maybe 3 a week before work. I use Carb Solutions vanilla powder. It's the best tasting I've found, and it's the easiest to find (grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc.). Others on this thread use different powders.

So, welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask anything that's on your mind.

#6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydawn[color=magenta
seems like my norm is one of the lasts posts for the day.. do you all go back and read them before starting the next days readings?[/color]

I always start with yesterday's thread to see if I've missed anything. I think most (all?) do.

Dawn, your picture and your sense of humor remind me so much of a woman I work with. Are you sure you don't have a twin in Maine?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 08:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%

Good Morning Everybody!
It's a beautiful (and well deserved) Sunny day here in Michigan. Sure does brighten ones mood.

Welcome Paris,
this plan works very well, I'm sure it will work for you and your husband. My husband is the same weight he was 20 yrs ago, (makes me sick) but he is very supportive and eats whatever I cook. Actually he likes the LC foods much better than the Lowfat flavorless stuff.

I'm trying higher carbs now, as I'm within 3 lbs of my weight. I will see what happens. It's always tweaking, and more tweaking.

Bawdy; so glad the whoosh fairy visited you! hang on to that chick!

Have a great day everyone!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 09:53

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dawn-Saturday In the Park-Chicago
Hi Paris, welcome
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 10:29

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Happy Saturday! My appetite dropped noticably yesterday, could be TOM leaving the building The BCPs seem to be helping (finally!, you were right Orang ) Now I just need to make it through the month with no spotting.

Yesterday's Menu:

B - 1 Carbwise bar (couldn't stomach anything else) 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

L - Tuna Salad (3 oz tuna, 1 HB egg, 1.5 TBS miricle whip light, green onion), 2 handfuls of pork rinds, 1 cyrstal light pink lemonade

S - Pepperoni chips, Diet RC cola

Gym - 25 minutes ellipitical machine, 10 minutes bike, abs (didn't have good energy at all, maybe from the headache?)

D - 6 dollar low carb burger from Carls Jr, no mayo but had ketchup , 32 oz diet coke

S - SF jello w/whipped cream

Welcome Paris
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 11:35

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

People dancing, people singing and man selling lc sf ice cream!HA Dawn, WTG on the pound loss!!!

Sounds like everyone is in a "Saturday frame of mind today!"

welcome to our crazy-fun little group Paris! So lately we have all been telling how we came up with our user names, Care to venture???

My dh has ALWAYS had a fast metabolism, not to mention the ranch work helps keep it off, but in the last 4 years (he is almost 45 now) he has had to visit the treadmill and give up coke during the winter months to keep his tummy from becoming a shelf! Me I have been battling it since high school and he is so supportive through all of my trials and ups and downs (literally!) And all of my frustrations of not being a normal person for weight! My bestest friend in the entire earth is 5'7 and weighs 120 (on a heavy day) she exercises some and lets me vent to her, BUT she is SO fortunate not to have this constant monkey on her back (so to speak!) I think that alot of people think that they will lose the weight go back to what they were doing, Well that might work if you are 18, but for most of us it is a life long dedication!

Whew now WHERE did THAT vent come from???

Ellie, Good to hear that the bcp have kicked in!!!

Elaine, goodluck on the blood work results! Have you gotten all of your exotic shopping done now? You know you can just mosie out here to complete the exotic fantasy life!HA In May we will be branding, as much as you have been working out you will be able to wrestle calves then!

Wannabe, That is terrific that you are so close to your goal weight!! I have 8-10 pounds to go and it has been an endless process to get the scale moving again! You are so right about the tweaking!

Bawdy, PP is pretty simple that way, I think that the cooking ahead idea is a good one! How are things going with your bowflex??

Renee, Hope your weekend is going well! Write in when you find time!!

Meg, Prayers for you and your family!

Blu Hello!

Unity, Glad to be of help!!

HELLO TO All of our newones/old ones and the lurkers inbetween!

Everyone enjoy your Saturday!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Saturday

Hi, all!
Couldn't post yesterday. Was having all kinds of problems with my PC ! Hope all is fixed now.
Re: Supplements, I take a good multivitamin and extra Dr.prescribed calcium due to osteopenia.
When I first started LC I was having a lot of trouble with leg cramps (especially at night and during my water aerobics class that is held in a hot water pool). I thought it was due to a lack of potassium (I so missed my bananas!) someone told me to try adding a Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc supplement and it sure helped. No more cramping!

Dawn, you must be getting the same "spring-like" weather we're having!
Elaine, good luck on your bloodwork. Is one of them for thyroid? If so, I hope you have better luck than I have! My levels have changed 3 times in the last 6 mo. sheesh! If I could ever get STABLE, maybe I could lose some weight!! How did your haircut turn out?
Renee, I bet you're out hiking today!
Meg, Still praying!
Hi to all newbies and lurkers and everyone else!
Have a good day!
KAT
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 14:15

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hello all!

who needs yoga to get you sore when you can just go snowboarding!!!! man i spent more time on my backside then i did sliding down the hill!!! and i am paying for it now.....hey dawn, do you make house calls?!?!?! it was really fun, but deffinately something you need to work on to get good at.

welcome paris and carbgirl--hope you find the switch enjoyable. i switched back in jan and so far have been enjoying PP. tweaking is deffanetly the key. seems everybody needs something just a little different. just don't give up and give youself time to see what works for you.

linda--hello, welcome back

blu--where are you hiking at this weekend?? i would love go get into some more outdoor activities, but find it hard to find folks that would like to join me.

dawn--ugh, medical bills are the pits!!! you are right though, you need to take care of yourself.

ewinpa--you beat me to the song title. after reading dawn't post, i have been singing it in my head all along.

bawdy-- the trickle fairy may have visited me at last. down to 201.5 this morning. but that may also be due to the torture i put my body through last night on the mountain (may have left some of myself there somewhere in all of my million falls!!!!)

well, off to the couch to rest my sore muscles!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 16:51

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hello all........
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 19:58
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:

End of day touching base:

Bawdy-Funny you say that...this week alone I have had 4 other people say the same thing to me, that boy I look JUST like someone they know. My sister says I look like Jamie Lee Curtis.. ( i wish! ) But odd, that since getting my hair cut and colored red rather than all blonde, I have become a look alike to people.. :: smiles:: Which by the way, came out cute.. I like this color, its a richer shade, less orangy, and the blonde highlights are focused in the front. I will try to take another pic, but my cam is dull, so it doesnt really pick up things well enough to show.

For all that named that tune and joined in the kareoke -

I love music if you couldn't tell!

::massages Michelle's sore musckles::::::::

See, the trickle fairy isn't stingy..she likes to share with many a'folk!

I made a 'stew' tonite, and I was trying to thicken it up a bit, and used the atkins bake mix that I just bought yesterday. It didn't work. Any suggestions on what I could use to thicken things like stew or sauces?

Kat- i miss bananas too.. VERY much.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 20:35

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!

Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcomes!

BW - we are mainly waiting to make a complete switch until we've read the books. Nothing annoys me more than when someone wants to do a program and has not read the book! And we are not planning so much a shopping spree as a shopping trip that is going to cost more than the $30 we usually have allotted for the week - one income right now and it's tougher than we thought... 'nother time, 'nother story.

As for my username... I love France and French culture so Paris was a natural choice (I also just love it as a name). On other boards I am known as Paris Madeleine, which is after the posh hotel in downtown Paris.

Paris