Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 22:15

Plan: adkins
Stats: 182/178/135 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool memory problems and supplements

Hey
I was just wondering if anyone else has trouble remembering to take their supplements or if its just ME!

I was wondering if anyone uses a system or trick to keep on top of their pills etc because I don't have a very good memory at the best of times and I get mad at myself later because I missed an opportunity to take them.

You know the important ones like POTASSIUM and Calcium!

I am rememinded when I have a really bad cramp like I did one time in my right hand, that still smarts from the overstretch it received, while I was trying to relieve the cramp

Anyways any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 18:30

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I know some people use timers. Personally, I'm going to take my supplements with one meal a day (unless I find I need to increase). I'm just gonna pick the same meal every day. Also, I was thinking of getting a little bottle to carry a day's worth of supplements in. That way they're always on hand.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 13:41

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Film cannisters

I lay out 8 days' of vitamins at a time (because that's how many cannisters will fit in the bowl I keep them in); three doses a day plus very early and before bed. Part of my "leaving the house" routine is setting them out for lunch and dinner, and swallowing the first set on the way out the door.

I also carry a "spare" multi in my purse in case I forget; I will at least get the big important stuff and avoid a crash.

I take a LOT of vitamin C and keep some in my desk drawer at work.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 04:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/200 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Soft and Squishy
Progress: 0%

I have a sink with a window in front of it. I keep all of my supplements on the ledge. Can't have a glass of water or do dishes without seeing them. I bring some in a baggie with me at work to take at lunch.

Hope this helps!

K
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 15:05

Plan: adkins
Stats: 182/178/135 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks cs, k and aec

I appreciate all the suggestions. I have already gone out and bought one of those little containers for in my purse. I'm pretty good at remembering the calcium and potassium- the side effects of not remembering kick in pretty fast.