Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 15:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi and welcome

Altho they are allowed later on Atkins, neither peanuts nor peanut butter are for induction. Also, I can't emphasize enough the importance of drinking the minimum 8--8 ounce glasses of water per day. Especially if you want your weight loss to continue, (even tho it won't continue as fast as you started)--it WILL continue if you follow the plan correctly.

And that means eating vegetables, plenty of fat, and drinking your water! The reason for induction is to break our addictions to sugar, flour, etc. If you continue to eat/drink things that are sweet (even SF lemonade) it isn't going to help you break the addictions.

Atkins is about learning to eat in a healthy manner, and that means eating as few processed foods as possible. Fresh meat, eggs, VEGETABLES, with plenty of olive oil, butter and mayo.

Perhaps reading through the book again to refresh your memory about the induction rules would be helpful to you too!

Good luck!

~Debbie~LoveSong~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 17:04

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

O.K. I'm with Liz, here, 6 carbs???? Sorry that is not Atkins! Have you read the book?? If you have been on this for that long eating only 6 carbs a day and a bit of salad, That sort of thing is what gives the low carb diets a bad rap from the public and most Dr. and rightly so, it's not healthy.
I'm not Blasting you just getting a point across,it is great that you have lost the weight, but I can't help thinking some how your body is going to pay for the lack of veggies /fruit/grains, that should be reintroduced If you are following Atkins.

How about updated your stats on the profile, it'a a bit confusing

Cheers Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 17:19
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Guys, that post is from 2003(approx 1 yr ago). I remember her. Evil has left the building long ago (well not long but October 2003) but original post from Feb 2003.

red