Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 18:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/198/180
BF:25
Progress: 77%
Wink 9 days of Induction - Results

I started atkins on 2/8/03

My weight when I started was 248, my first goal is 225.
I am presently weighing 235 after 9 days.

I average 6 carbs a day, lots of sugar free lemonade, steak, hamburger, bacon, some salads...

Have hard time drinking all the water. At best I do 30% of it.

Has anyone had these good of results. I am starting to learn more about the ratio of protein to fat and carbs...

Atlanta
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 18:47

Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Wow! Great results, good for you Evil Elder!
Keep up the good work, don't worry about boosting your carbs somewhat too! I think to around 20 carbs at least is recommended!
See you around
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 18:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/224/140
BF:
Progress: 14%

Great job Evil!!!

I am curious, what is your fat intake like?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 19:31
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congrats Evil! Great job. I start after my physical. Can you give us your food journal for the time you have been on it please?

red
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 21:24
Registered Member

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

This is my usual diet

Breakfast: 6 bacon, sugar free lemonade

Lunch: 1/4 Broiled 80/20 hamburger, one slice american cheese, sugar free country time lemonade

Dinner: 8oz New York Strip Steak, table spoon worchester sauce "French's", sugar free country time lemonade

snack: sugar free jello with Whip creme.

I eat about 2 salads a week, some yellow squash, some green beans during the week.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 22:21
Registered Member

Forgot,

For Breakfast, I either eat bacon, or 3-4 boiled eggs "yokes only"
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:46

Plan: lap band...low carb
Stats: 225/181/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default CONGRATULATIONS

Yes...Your doing great....You've pushed through the crowd and your own your way...I found the hardes time for me on Atkins was the first 10 days....after that...It's been fairly easy...They say it takes somewhere around 30 days to change a habit...I think this is correct?....so keep up the good work...Use the journal and this site when you find your days difficult...Posting when I'm tempted to eat something is really helping...When you want to eat, come here and help someone else, give the courage to keep going...We're in a war together...A war to fight our inner demons and to help others conquer theirs...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:51
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

You are doing wonderfully well with your weight loss, but remember that the goal is to get healthy, not just to lose weight. Two salads a week, plus some occasional squash and green beans, is not enough vegetables. You don't want to get weak and worn out doing this -- you should get stronger and healthier. Can you add some more salads and veggies to your meal plans?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:10
Registered Member

Hello Team,

Thanks for the advice. I am going to the grocery store to get more salads. I know I need more...

I saw at the store a package of stir fry vegetables, about a pound. It had yellow squash, red peppers, cucumbers, snow peas, and brocoli. Would this be okay to eat...all of it?
It looked great.

I used to drink 4 cans of coke a day and lots of peanut butter nad breads. I no longer miss the cokes. I do miss the peanut butter.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:56

Stats: 255/215/170 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 47%

You can eat fiber carb, so peanut butter is good (always in moderation), just get the net carb before buying it. You should be able to use peanut butter ok.

BTW: What's special about lemonade ?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:54

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil elder
Hello Team,

Thanks for the advice. I am going to the grocery store to get more salads. I know I need more...

I saw at the store a package of stir fry vegetables, about a pound. It had yellow squash, red peppers, cucumbers, snow peas, and brocoli. Would this be okay to eat...all of it?
It looked great.

I used to drink 4 cans of coke a day and lots of peanut butter nad breads. I no longer miss the cokes. I do miss the peanut butter.

I would like to add that, when you eat salads avoid the iceburg lettuce. It is nutritionless, Use romaine or any other lettuce. The stir fried veggies sound good but check the package. There might be starch or sugar added. Since I have been low carbing, all of my veggies ( and I buy a large variety of them )
have been from the produce aisle. Since I cut down on fruit, I increased my vegetables. On induction, I ate fresh asparagus with my scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast. I added red, yellow and orange bell peppers in my salads and cooking for added vitamin C. I introduced cooked greens to my family ( mustard, collard, turnips, chard etc ), thereby connecting my family to my roots. These greens are a part of Southern cooking that I grew up on. I eat squash, cauliflower and brocolli. Brussel sprouts are gross but that doesn't mean that I won't add them from time to time. We also eat turnip roots and daikon radishes.

American cheese has more carbs than the regular, unprocessed cheeses like colby or Swiss. There is peanut butter that is unsweetened.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 18:00
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Bacon with lemonade? Well its not my cup of tea, but if it works for you. I wont even give you the speach on how important those veggies are. Being one who does not get in much myself. Another good way to get fiber in is with nuts. Maybe a handful ever day.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 15:38

Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi and welcome

Altho they are allowed later on Atkins, neither peanuts nor peanut butter are for induction. Also, I can't emphasize enough the importance of drinking the minimum 8--8 ounce glasses of water per day. Especially if you want your weight loss to continue, (even tho it won't continue as fast as you started)--it WILL continue if you follow the plan correctly.

And that means eating vegetables, plenty of fat, and drinking your water! The reason for induction is to break our addictions to sugar, flour, etc. If you continue to eat/drink things that are sweet (even SF lemonade) it isn't going to help you break the addictions.

Atkins is about learning to eat in a healthy manner, and that means eating as few processed foods as possible. Fresh meat, eggs, VEGETABLES, with plenty of olive oil, butter and mayo.

Perhaps reading through the book again to refresh your memory about the induction rules would be helpful to you too!

Good luck!

~Debbie~LoveSong~
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 17:04

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

O.K. I'm with Liz, here, 6 carbs???? Sorry that is not Atkins! Have you read the book?? If you have been on this for that long eating only 6 carbs a day and a bit of salad, That sort of thing is what gives the low carb diets a bad rap from the public and most Dr. and rightly so, it's not healthy.
I'm not Blasting you just getting a point across,it is great that you have lost the weight, but I can't help thinking some how your body is going to pay for the lack of veggies /fruit/grains, that should be reintroduced If you are following Atkins.

How about updated your stats on the profile, it'a a bit confusing

Cheers Kathy
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 17:19
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Guys, that post is from 2003(approx 1 yr ago). I remember her. Evil has left the building long ago (well not long but October 2003) but original post from Feb 2003.

red