Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:49
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

I've actually stopped coloring my grey and given up makeup as well. My natural hair color is your basic light mousy brown, and the silver strands blend well and actually look like highlights to those that don't know better.

I'm really looking forward to being in shape, keeping my hair in a simple shortish pony tail, going gloriously silver, and having my skin glowing with health and having any need for makeup. I've always admired the women you sometimes see with silver hair and strong glowing health. I look forward to having it be quite obvious how well I'm aging.

Oh - and I guess my new hairdo should still count as adventurous hair since I'm someone who spent the last half of her 30's with purple and green stripes in one section of her hair.

Lynda
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 20:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/266/175 Female 5'10"
BF:voluminous
Progress: 9%

It's funny reading about all of you who have tried red! When I was young I would have done ANYTHING for another color of hair! Not only that but it was pin straight and wouldn't hold a curl. I tried perms twice and they didn't work. At the moment I am going "gracefully" gray but I think that when I get to goal that I might try coloring it but I really don't want to have to deal with roots so than again...maybe not. I am looking at some more permanent rewards along the weight loss trail one of which are buying some favorite unabridged recorded books to listen to on my walks. Jane Austen and PG Wodehouse to the max!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 20:07
Registered Member

Stats: 222/193/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%

hi all! instead of the highlighting i bought a bunch of new clothes and earrings! then i decided to color my hair auburn! i LOVE it! i got all of the for what it costs here to get highlights! hooray! i have never had this color before.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:17

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

LOL, I did the wigs for kids thing last Christmas, I cut 13 1/2 inches off all together. My hair is brown though, not too exciting. I used to put red highlights in so that people wouldn't ask me where my son got his flaming red hair from, but now I just admit that my great grandmother had hair that color and that he is the first one to get it in the family since her......makes for a good conversation piece.

On a side note, my 11 year old niece came home from a slumber party 2 weeks ago with Burgandy hair. Quite the little drama in our family, let me tell you.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:56
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by redawn
I am fairly certain hell is not the destination for bold individuals. . .satan wants followers not leaders <g> I too am a push the edges grrl. Mother nature gave me in your face hair color and three red headed children. . .I put in the nose ring and the thin tail of hair down to my waist (the rest of my hair is above my shoulder) and everybody at church would HATE it if I were to take out the nose ring or cut the tail. People at church are forever running up to me saying in a panic "did you cut your tail?" and I pull it out of the choir robe where it had been hiding. I am the token freak at church. I sing solos, serve on vestry and am the children's choir assistant. I am a well entrenched freak. My touch of the odd is to 'disturb the comfortable' . . .I want people to make a snap decision on me. . .I double dog dare them to! Cause they will be wrong! HA! redawn

I can't do facial pircings (its in the dress code) though they tend to include tounge in that and I got in pirced in oct and no one has said anything
though I did wear a nose ring/clip after coming back from vacation just to see what they would say and othe rthen a bunch of ppl wincing and saying how much that must have hurt (to which I laughed) or just kinda staring no one bothered me about it
the church I went to with my best friend was cool in the fact that nothing I did hair or clothes wise seemed to bother them

Quote:
Originally Posted by conbom
Not only that but it was pin straight and wouldn't hold a curl. I tried perms twice and they didn't work.

I unforantly am just like you are in that I have tired perms, and curling irons and stuff.. my grandmother used to fix my hair up for church every sunday morning spent at least 30 mins curling it and of course in the maybe 30 mins it took from then til we got to church it was flat already! bah!
the only time I can get it to stay wave for more then an hour is to braid it into two or three braids (the more braids the longer it stays wavey) for about 24 hours with some hair gel on them lol then it will last maybe 2 or so hours long as I don't brush it not that great a deal huh?
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:10

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Crysania...you made me laugh so hard! A past coworker hinted once that I was going to hell...hehehe...I have a few piercings and I dress a little different, so I guess that distubed her, lol. I'm currently looking for a job...been unemployed for a few months...i just graduated and there's nada! blah! anywhoo..so I'm playing it safe and being my version of conservative I'm glad you have a job that pretty much lets you be you though
Just another reason to wanna be self employed!

Ellen-Mom, your niece brings back early memories for me...hehe...When I was little I did crazy things to my hair too. My parents eventually just gave up on caring and started expecting something strange from me!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:51
Undercover Goddess

Stats: 360/304.2/180 Female 71 inches
BF:Half Price Special
Progress: 31%

What a great way to celebrate your success! You should definately change your hair. I have only changed my color once. It was soooo much fun! I naturally have light ash brown hair but a couple of years ago I decided I wanted a change. So I grabbed my two bestest friends and went to the store. The color I got, I swear, was called Torch by Feria. Look it up, you will laugh. Torch is exactly the color I got. A medium-light flaming red. I loved it. My dad nearly fainted when he saw me. LOL!!! I have never been able to shock him like that.

The only reason I am no longer flaming red is because my hair grows very very fast. In three weeks I had a good 3/4 inch root showing, and because my hair was brown I looked like a skunk. At the time it was too expensive to maintain. But, oh, it was fun. The funniest thing about it, though, was that people were constantly asking me if it was natural. I didn't dye my eyebrows so I had flame hair and dark brown eyebrows. Weird. That color doesn't exist in nature.

Enjoy your success and get coloring. If you don't like it you can always dye it back to your natural color! LOL!

Rita
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 22:54

Stats: 275/266/175 Female 5'10"
BF:voluminous
Progress: 9%

Rita,

Even with naturally red hair I have brown brows and lashes which, of course, lead many to suspect that I dyed my hair. Somehow the freckles didn't convince them! A friend of my mother's always described my hair as undeniably red because no one would dare dye their hair that color because everyone would know that it was dyed! I never appreciated it until guys started liking it instead of teasing me about it.

Crysania, Now that I am going gray my hair texture is changing so maybe it will finally hold a curl!!

Connie

PS My black haired Mom and my two black haired sons are/were freckled! Go figure!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 06:51
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I admire all you folks for being so brave! I think I am still of the "I want to blend into the woodwork so no one notices me and thinks about how fat I am" mindset and therefore I don't want to do anything the least big noticeable with my hair. I did change my hair cut slightly last fall -- going from the basically boring shoulder-length cut that I had for 20 years to a somewhat more layered cut that gives it body. The change was so subtle that to the best of my knowledge, exactly one person noticed -- a 20-something in my office who came up to me and told me how much she liked my new haircut. I've been coloring my hair for the past three or four years -- ever since I started getting grey roots -- but I had the hairstylist match it as closely as possible to my natural color (which is basically dirty blonde, but I have always liked the color of my hair and considered it one of my best features). I was inclined to go grey, but my husband wanted me to cover the roots and since (at the time) he was putting up with me weighing over 350 pounds, I thought that was the least I could do for him.

Since my face has thinned out, I have been thinking about going short instead of shoulder length. Maybe it is time to take the radical plunge!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 13:24

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Funny you should post this...check out my gallery to see my new do!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:43

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I had my hair cut for the Locks of love. THey took about 12 inches and my hair was still below my shoulders. I think in the few months since then my hair has already grown a couple of inches. It seems to grow very fast. My hair has some natural curl to it. even when it was past my waist it hung in ringlets. When you have long ringlets in your hair everyone wants to touch and play with it. Now that it is shorter the curl isn't as noticable but when it gets longer I know it will be back. I will also get it cut again for the Locks of Love. It gives me the feeling of giving some of myself for someone else.

Have a great day!!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 23:32
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

i just had 12 inches chopped off for locks of love as well. i do it atleast every 2 years. that's a great idea to reward yourself with a new 'do. maybe i'll go for the highlight effect as a reward one day.