Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile Trigger foods........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
At 1 tbsp it probably wouldn't be a problem (unless it's a trigger food for people like me) Alos of people however are whipping up 1/2-1 cup and having it every night. That can add up really quickly. I think some brands of cream are 10g net for a cup, and if you are only haivng 20-30g of carbs a day, that can be a large chunk.

Again, I only use one teaspoon; which is 1/3 of a tablespoon so I certainly don't worry about it. And I only do that once a day; for breakfast.

As far as trigger foods go, if something is a trigger food, I wouldn't worry about the carbs at all because I would eliminate it from my diet completely; then it becomes a non-issue.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:12

Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Unhappy Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForFun
That is what I always thought held true for the U.S.A. also.

I am just curious as to what/where FrecklFluf is getting non-pasteurized cream.

JFF
I agree, JFF. I thought they banned non-pasteurized milk in the USA many many years ago. Am I wrong? Wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited by Morgan1974 : Tue, Feb-17-04 at 13:14.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 14:22

Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%

I just love clotted cream / Devon double cream, now need to whip and so creamy, sort of like soft butter, but with a nice creamy taste, yummy of strawberries and even better Chirstmas Pudding.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 14:43
Registered Member

Stats: 300/220/198 Male 185 cm
BF:
Progress: 78%

Thanks for all the responses. I've been wondering about it for a while and now have some food for thought as it were.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:20
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

They sell non-pasturized cream at my local organic farm, but there is a sign on the fridge "No Litigation Zone"! Commercial dairies pasturize everything these days. My heavy cream from Darigold has been, and it whips up in a flash due to the 40% butterfat.

And no doubt, Morgan ... 1 tsp of cream isn't very much! What a wonderful and healthy treat for you! One serving of my brand of cream is 2 tablespoons and comes in a 1 carb. So by my calculations that's 0.16 per tsp. Even a Weight Watcher wouldn't worry too much about that.

Thumbelina - I'm jealous! That iSi whipper sounds fabulous.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 16:16
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I just love clotted cream / Devon double cream

I love those too. I don't know about the clotted cream, but the Devon cream does contain added sugars. I love them with a few berries and some whipepd cream. I also found they are great in diet swiss miss.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 18:17

Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%

I just recently purchased the Devon double cream, which is very thick and chunky, it has no sugar added. I am so parinoid about reading all the labels now days.

It is definaly not light and fluffy and very high in fat and carlories, but sooooo worth it.

I will have to try and remember the exact name of the manufacture
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 18:46
... Pro-Atkins!

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccuffy
I just recently purchased the Devon double cream, which is very thick and chunky, it has no sugar added. I am so parinoid about reading all the labels now days.

Something tells me you live in beautiful BC, not Vancouver, WA. It would be too much to expect that we folk south of the border could have access to such a wonderful product!

When you find the name, please list it here. Vancouver's not so far away and one of these days I'm going to do a run for SF jello!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 19:21

Stats: 210/115/110 Female 4'10"
BF:32%
Progress: 95%

if you use heavy cream (50% fat) it has only 6.6 carbs per cup. when I buy cream I try to find the highest fat %. I've seen packages marked whipping heavy or coffee cream all with different % of fat (from 30 to 50%), buy the highest % of fat you can, it will have the fewest carbs
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 23:15
... Pro-Atkins!

BF:
Smile

Of possible interest to us cream lovers ...

How to Make Devonshire Double / Clotted Cream
Mock Devonshire Double / Clotted Cream

Cheeze ~ I just came back from Chef's Thesaurus which states even 42% butterfat cream isn't sold in the US. I know the stuff I use is the highest I can find around here ... is your 50% imported?

You know how it is ... every carb counts.

Last edited by AntiM : Tue, Feb-17-04 at 23:18.