Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 17:18

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Lightbulb pic a month challange

I just had the idea to take my picture in a swimming suit tommorrow. The 18th I am going to take a pic every month on the 18th. THat way I have to be accountable to stay on track! My birthday is in April AND swimmsuit season is going to be here before I know it soooooo...

If any one wants to join in... It'll be great! (Don't be shy!) I will post the pic in my gallery.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:08
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/128.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%

Sounds like a great idea!

The weather here stinks right now... rain rain rain. So I've been daydreaming of going to the beach, and sitting in my bikini. Well, I'm not really ready for that yet, but I'd like to be ready. So I've posted a before pic too in my gallery.

Here's to looking better when the sun comes out. And if the sun isn't out in april, I'm signing up at a tanning salon as a treat!

Eh, so what was the report on groundhog's day? I missed it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 18:54

I saw your before pics. You are soooo lucky to have a waist like that!!!Mine was never like that even in high school ~ 105lbs! You will look great this summer. How much are you wanting to lose? I would love to lose more than 10 but 10 will make me feel much better. I could lose 25 and not be skinny. (I am petite) I am looking forward to posting another pic in a few weeks but I kknow I still have a long way to go.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 02:23
Contributing Member

I've always been pretty lucky with my waist and upper body not gaining weight. Back in August though I noticed I was getting in a habit of buying new jeans and then having to buy another pair because I had just outgrown the ones I just bought. So I started doing the Atkins thing and lost a good amount of weight. My lower half just seems to collect every calorie I eat! It's all in my trunk! Now if I could just transfer some of that to my chest!

Anyways, yeah I'll post another one when the time comes up mid-month. I'm trying to find a way to fit excercise in. I used to do aerobics every morning, but I've been sleeping with a mattress in my living room because we're trying to redecorate the rooms in the back of the house. I guess I could go walking or rollerskating outside, but I'm having problems getting motivated. Are you doing anything for excercise?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:56
Contributing Member

So pic tomorrow right?

I need to remember to wake up earlier. I just have such a hard time getting out of bed. Ugh!

#6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 22:22
Contributing Member

Well I took pics of myself, and darnit. I don't look any different. I think my previous picture was such a bad resolution you can't see any change. Anyways, I'm considering replacing my before picture with a better resolution and starting over. Is that fair?

And my post dates will be on the 4th instead of on the 18th cause that's when I started. I'm kicking myself for not using better resolution before. Darnit.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 22:40

lol I am changing the date too. I actually got you know what and I am NOT taking a picture then! So it will be the end of this week. I need a few extra days to work off the stupid cake I ate the last two days. (I didn't scrape off as much frosting tonight! YIKES Time to go workout!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 20:22

Well, I posted an update pic. I am excited that I can see some difference. I think it really helps me stay accountable. I need to really get going on the exercise some more!!! Now that the weather is nicer hopefully my cough will stay away.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:08
Contributing Member

You are looking so good in your new pics!

Way to go! The hard work has paid off!