Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 17:37

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default How's this for my first day...

IF you don't mind, could you comment on my 1st CALP day's meals?

CM 2 eggs scrambled w/a little heavy cream, smoked salmon and 1 tblspn cream cheese.
cm smoked salmon
snack celery stick
RM Bacon cheeseburger - no bun - with a salad. 1 glass of wine. 1 french fry and a malted milk ball. Last 10 minutes of hour: one weak vodka with cranberry juice.
I'm stuffed and had no appetite for lunch. That smoked salmon was a light serving.
How did I do?

TIA
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 18:58

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Sounds pretty good! The only thing I've read is that if you stop eating during your RM, you shouldn't let more than 20 minutes pass before you start again. So you're probably A-OK! Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:03

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'm a little confused if this menu is ok. Arent' you supposed to eat 1-2 cups from the allowed CM vegatable list at every CM ? I am new too, and starting off today. I don't want to force myself to eat the vegetables/salad if I don't want them, but I think they are good for you and I should try.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:32

Plan: south beach
Stats: 224/168/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

well--it is a goal to eat those veggies--lots of people find that they can't eat the veggies for breakfast--usually only for lunch--and since appetite decreases with CAD sometimes getting those nonRM veggies in can be a challenge--make sure you get a salad and veggies with your RM if you can't do it during CM
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:43

BF:

I'm not much of a veggie eater. I almost never get them in at brekkie - even among our resident CAD success stories, I don't see many breakfast veggie eaters. For lunch I try to get something in. But most of my veggies come at my RM.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 09:14

BF:

Yep, I wish I had eaten more veggies. I was afraid I would go over that 4 carb limit. I also was pretty busy and just wolfed my lunch down over the sink. I'll try for more today.
Cori - So if I finish my dinner in 30 minutes. My hour is done, right? I can't decide to have one last treat at the end? Thanks. I don't recall that in the book although it does make sense.
Thanks fo rall of the input.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 10:54

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Jen,

You don't need to worry about the 4 carb limit for the veggies on the list. Just enjoy! You can eat all the celery, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, etc with no limitations. There are certain veggies that are limited, or you my find that you need to limit - onions, tomatoes & broccoli. The 4 grams applies to things like vegetarian meat substitiutes.

Your off to a great start. How about today's menu?

Lila
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:43

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

If you are trying to follow the plan properly, you should have allowed veggies at every meal and snack. The amount of veggies don't have to be balanced in the CM and CS, but you shouldn't skip them entirely. They do need to be balanced for the RM.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 07:26

BF:

O-o-o-o-h. Now I get it. I was confused about the CR veggies. I'm still stuck with an Atkins mentality. I thought meat was the only thing I could eat without limitations.
Thanks.
Here's yesterday's menu.
CM Steak, bacon and zucchini
CM Steak with salad made of greens and CR veggies
Snack Chicken drumstick and 2 olives
RM - 4 chicken drumsticks, salad with all CR veggies plus walnuts, 1 1/2 cookies, 1 vodka cranberry.
I was lightheaded yesterday during the day and had diarrhea. I'm assuming it's the diet change.
I went to a meeting where there were lots of treats. Normally that is so hard for me. But I took some cookies, wrapped them in a napkin and took them home for dinner. It made it so much easier.
Any comments?
TIA
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 08:02

BF:

Yay Jen on taking the cookies home for the RM! That's exactly how it should work!

You should try to do dinner at all one sitting. But I'll admit, I have a tendency to eat my dinner, mull around a bit and then have dessert. But you should try to keep them as close as possible.

Keep up the good work
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 08:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default CR vegetables...

Actually, accordingly to my CALP book, zucchini is not a CR vegetable and should be only taken during RM.

Just my 2 cents.

Marissa
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:07

Plan: south beach
Stats: 224/168/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Yah--I don't get that about zucchini--they are very low carb? what is the deal? They don't caramelize like onions--CAD doesn't discourage them--anyone know the answer about this?
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:18
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

In CAD zucchini is allowed, in CALP they disallowed it. It is very low carb so I haven't stopeed eating it. Just watch yoruself and see if you have any cravings.

Just on a side note, both CAD and CALP have you start on the basic plan which is 3 meals a day, no snacks. If you don't find yourself losing, or having problems with cravings, you might go back to the basic plan, at least to start, then move up to the plan that includes snacks. (the CAD book states this clearly while the CALP book kind of sounds like it encourages more snacks, so take it however)
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:58

BF:

Oh. I didn't even catch that no snack thing. I'll see how it goes today. If I'm that hungry though, I'm eating!
Both yesterday and today I've had lots of cravings. I can't wait till that passes.
I missed the Zuke thing, too. Oh well.
Baby steps, right?
Thanks for all of the input.