Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 06:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/193/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up Low Carb bread in Saskatoon

Yes we have low carb bread in Saskatoon, Coop on Attridge has carb Consious Bread at 5gm of carbs per slice. They have other low carb products as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 21:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%

OMG......I'm soooo glad I decided to check out this section tonight!!!!! Thank you soooooo much for the info!!!!! Is it incredibly expensive?

Nicole
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 22:38

BF:

The bread at the Coop on Attridge was the Carb Consious and it was about 3.99 a loaf. I have also seen it in Safeway as well as IGA. All about the same price. It tastes good like a multi grain slice. I hope we will also get some lc wraps. I like Subways wraps but they are a bit pricey.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:59

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 197/150/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Ladies, Hi from another Saskatonian! Here is an update for Stoon! Nutters in Lawson Heights on Primrose Dr. has low carb EVERYTHING! I go crazy in there. The best low carb bread ready made is there at 5 grams a slice. Its expensive though $5 a loaf. The brand is "Counting Carbs For Life" out of Calgary. Safeway bread is good, at only $1.19 a loaf at some locations, but I am not convinced that it is in fact low carb. Nutters also has bagels, small pizza rounds (puny) hamburger buns, and passable looking hot dog buns. They are frozen in the back freezer. I have yet to try the rest, but the bread ROCKS! They have Atkins products like crazy as well as all the Steels gourmet sauces, (ketchups, sauces, marinades and treats) They also have some ketogenic brand bake it yourself bread mixes. There is a great deal of low carb stuff to be found at Nutters. When you go explore...tell them the "Parrot Lady" sent you!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 18:22

BF:

Silly me I forget the best thing!..Nutters also carries the Atkins wraps. They were sold out when I went there but they has alot of flavors I guess. I am going to stock up. Thanks Subway for the thrill.... but we can make our OWN Atkins wraps!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker
...The best low carb bread ready made is there at 5 grams a slice. Its expensive though $5 a loaf. The brand is "Counting Carbs For Life" out of Calgary. Safeway bread is good, at only $1.19 a loaf at some locations, but I am not convinced that it is in fact low carb. ...

I'm not quite convinced the Lakeview Bakery/Counting Carbs For Life bread is actually 5 net carbs per slice. Have a look at the ingredient list, if it hasn't changed, the first ingredient is wholewheat flour. Haven't been able to get good information on clarifying the ingredients list from the maker, either, though I've tried. The ingredients simply don't add up.

Lakeview Bakery (wholesale) 403-246-6127
Lakeview Shpg Cntr
Calgary, AB
T1X 1E1
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker
Silly me I forget the best thing!..Nutters also carries the Atkins wraps. They were sold out when I went there but they has alot of flavors I guess. I am going to stock up. Thanks Subway for the thrill.... but we can make our OWN Atkins wraps!

Just so you know, Subway's wraps are custom made for them, and are larger/thinner/moister for ease of wrapping.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 10:26

BF:

Uhuh and they SUCK compared to La Tortillas wraps. I was wrong about Nutters, they don't carry Atkins wraps, they carry La Tortilla wraps for $5.99 a pack, green onion, herb and garlic, whole wheat. The garlic and herb is our favorite.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 17:10

BF:

Yes I have been to Nutters and bought the wraps. They are good but are very small compared to SubWay. I tried the Low carb bagels and prefer them to others(they are softer), very good. I also tried the Low Carb bread from Family bakery on 8th Street opposite Walmart. Now that is the best bread. I talked to the baker about it. Very interesting concept about baking low carb bread. If you go in ask to speak to him. There is also a good bread at Extra Foods I think it is Atkings because it has the Atkins symbol on the bag. I have been finding alot of good low carb products. Also Diet Jones- Ginger Ale, Cream Soda, and Blackcherry at Forrestry Confectionary. As well Costco has Talking Rain. I have been enjoying these products. I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 09:12

BF:

Where is the Forrestry Confectionary Ruthie? Tell me about Talking Rain and Jones? Also the Family bakery? Across the street from Walmart? Or in the same lot!