Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 02:54

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Question Am I hot!?

For the last two weeks, the temperature at home seems to be about 2 degrees Celsius warmer than what the thermometer says, I sweat more at martial arts, my feet seem warmer than usual, even a bit tingly.

I am 44, male, and been eating about 100g carbs/day since August. I consume a lot of olive oil and flax oil, a variety of meat, eggs, milk, and many different vegetables each day. My main activities are martial arts with a small amount of remedial (rotator cuff) weight training.

Anyone have any ideas on what's up here? Could my metabolism be going away up all of a sudden?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/158/145 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I know when I'm burning fat, my body has the feeling of a furnace. Hard to explain - not really sweating hot, but a general all over constant warmth. I think lots of people experience this.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 11:00

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 240/198/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Same thing as Sbear.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 12:46

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hmmm....is that why my cheeks get all warm/red almost like I have a fever every afternoon??
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 14:37

Plan: IR Diet
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I guess this just shows how everyone is different! I was reading back a few pages b/c I haven't been to the forum for a while and I found a really long thread of people saying they have been really cold since low carbing!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 19:42

BF:

I guess I will think of this as a Good Thing then
Thanks folks!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 13:25

Stats: 208/186.2/140 Male 64 inches
BF:les/sen/ing
Progress: 32%

Yeah I have been feeling really warm too more so than usual I have to keep the bedroom window open pretty much all year round for the fresh air.
BTW purplestix what MA do you do? into Muay Thai myself and loving it hope to get my assistant instructor this year.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 14:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

When I consume too many calories occassionally I'll get too hot. I've read studies where naturally skinny people seem to burn up excess calories by their metabolism turning up rather than just storing everything extra.

I get too cold if I have too few calories. I think it is the body's way of turning the thermostat down so you don't starve.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 18:22

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiP
I guess this just shows how everyone is different! I was reading back a few pages b/c I haven't been to the forum for a while and I found a really long thread of people saying they have been really cold since low carbing!

I've noticed that I have a day or two of feeling very cold right before I get a whoosh. Guess we're all different, but I've definitely noticed the cold more this year than I have in past years. Heck...I used to run around half the winter in nothing but a sweatshirt. DH teases me about it and says it's because "my feathers are thinner".
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 10:47

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I'm usually freezing cold all day long, but at night I sweat like I've just run a marathon and end up waking up with the blankets pushed off and my pj's thrown on the floor. who knows!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 22:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipto
BTW purplestix what MA do you do? into Muay Thai myself and loving it hope to get my assistant instructor this year.

I am doing a mixed martial arts course, mostly Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, but a lot of other stuff too. At the same studio there is also a cardio kickboxing workout that I do sometimes.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 06:12

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've been feeling hot too, even though it's summer here, I can tell that I am hotter. At work (AC comfort) one of the first things I do is turn on the fan and every chance I get I stand in front of it. At dinner time I get really hot and sweaty (oh I forgot< I'm a lady.... perspirey ) and have to turn the AC to a cooler setting. Then there are times I feel cold. Strange.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Not to make light of your concern, but you gave me a good giggle with this post. You see, when I saw the subject line, I thought it was going to be a request to vote for you on AmIHot.com. Duh...
Just had a blonde moment there...