Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/162/125 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default 0.o Hi there...

Ok just turned 28 this past Satureday and... well ..wanna drop some poundage before I hit 30. I've known about this diet for some time...even tried it for 2 weeks.... and it worked but.. I missed my breads..and chocolates...now, I just miss my energy. I have none. And my tushy..ehhh, can u say..."baby got back??"

So here we go:
Im armed and ready... loaded up on meats, allowable veggies, locked the junk cabinet, got my keto sticks, and drinkin this new-to-me stuff they call "water".

Im 5'1 (5'2 with the right shoes :P )
weight 168 ( 0.0 how dat happen??)
Size 12 jeans (dbl digits, r u serious???)

Now for the discipline thingy... "I know I can... I know I can..."

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 00:26

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome to the forum and good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 00:51

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Blue Angel… Sounds like you’re had some experience with this WOE (way of eating) before and even had some success so you’re probably at a nice starting point. I’d take a good look at the plans, pick one read about it and choose which way you’d like to go… that may help to give you some direction. It sounds like you may be following Atkins from the way that you’ve stocked up but, I’m not sure. If so, great, I’ve been following the Atkins plan since 8/12/ 2001 and I love it… it’s been a great way of eating for me.

There is a lot of flexibility with the plan… the toughest time is the induction period or the first 2 weeks after that you can add 5 grams of carbohydrates a week until you reach your CCLL. Usually adding back the lower glycemic fruits (i.e., strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) and lots of veggies. But, there are all sorts of creative recipes that will help you not to miss the breads and chocolates that you can explore once you’ve past the induction phase. I’ve learned how to make this more of a way of life for me rather than a diet and I keep the foods interesting… that’s the only way that I’ve been able to stick with it this long.

I know you can do this…it’s so easy when you make it a part of your lifestyle. I wish you the best…and welcome you to the bb!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Hey there Blue Angel!

It looks like we are about the same size and have nearly the same goals.
I wish I had made 120 before my 30th birthday, but maybe by my 33rd.

I found that after 30 that tushy you refer too is still too large, but now sags too!

Gotta get that fixed.

I have been LC since 12/20 and have lost 15 pounds.

I was a total chocoholic, but have found that I really have no cravings whatsoever. Its crazy, just crazy!

Feel free to drop by my journal!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:24

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%

Welcome Blue Angel!!

I wish you the best of luck!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 14:28

Stats: 168/162/125 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ty all for the encouragement. Yes, it is the Atkins diet. I thought I would do good today..buuuuuuuut, my son calls me from school to make sure we are there for his Luncheon Banquet. Ok np, I stop at the convenience store and grab a diet soda (verses school milk) I hit the salad bar.. so far so good.. THEN one of his teachers INSIST I have a piece of cake she made special for the students for whom this banquet was for...she's shoving it in front of me, my son is staring up at me with those big blue eyes full of excitement for the awards he had won ...sooo I caved.. It was about the size of a deck of cards..and I only ate half then hid the rest under some paper towels... Wonder how much damaged that caused.... I know according to the Atkins it takes like 3 days for the sugar to go away or whatever, guess Im back to square one tomorrow =/

(maaaan, I even did some exercises this mornin')

Last edited by Blue Angel : Tue, Feb-10-04 at 15:25.