Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 04:51
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

Yesterday was lifting day. I thought I would be weaker due to not eating very much lately but it was a good workout. Increased tricep pull downs to 40 and got through all 3 sets of 12 leg extensions at 80 pounds.
I rode my bike for about 4 miles too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 06:12
Under Construction

Cardio day. It was really hard today. It's like I crashed and burned. I ran for 5 1/2 minutes but increased my speed. I walked rather fast the rest of the way. I thought maybe I'd ride bike later depending on how I feel after eating today. I am really drained.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 06:45
Under Construction

Lifting day was great today. I increased triceps machine to 35, did some dumbbell flies at 12 each side and increased leg extensions to 85. I lowered the leg press to 200 because at 210 I don't think I had proper form. I'm trying to push with my heels more than the rest of my feet now at the lower weight. All other exercises were equal. I really need to take a notepad.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

If you push through your toes, with your feet lower on the platform, you target quads. With your feet higher on the plate, pushing through your heels, you'll target hammies and glutes. They're both good.

Getting into some serious weights pretty fast, girlie! You're lifting heavier than I do on almost everything. I still lift 12s for lateral raises, and I only do extensions with 60, triceps with 30, leg press with 230 yesterday, and that's 3 years in. Holy moly!

Woman - you bionic?

#5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 06:00
Under Construction

Cardio day. Due to lack of time to drive back and forth from the gym, I decided to run around the block here. I alternated walking with all out sprints for 20 minutes. I may have pushed myself harder than if I was at the gym because I definitely was going much faster than what I would have set the treadmill for. On the other hand, I had longer rest periods, mainly because I was gasping for breath. I feel I got a good HIIT workout in.

No Way, Built! I feel mighty powerful. My shoulders are becoming rocks. Someone squeezed my shoulder the other day and told me that. I love it!

also walked for an hour.

Last edited by Xplora : Fri, Jul-09-04 at 04:21.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:54
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
Hiya Built,
I'm really happy with my progress so far and honestly haven't been sore at all. I imagine it's the glutamine. In any case, I do feel strong and can notice some changes in the way I look after just 3 weeks. My brother told me "yes, I see changes, your boobs are way smaller". Nice. Nimrod.

Yes, yes they can say the NICEST things...doorknob!

Glad it's going so well for you, MuscleChick!

Not sore at all, hey? Cool - you can push a bit harder now! You SHOULD feel a LITTLE sore the next day. Not a lot, but some. Now that you've gotten past the introduction, you can safely start to push yourself a bit harder.

And yes, glutamine is the BOMB!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 07:14
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
Morning Built,

Ok, I usually feel a little sore or stiff in the morning but not like I would expect to for how much effort I put into lifting. I am really trying to push my hardest every time, some are better than others, but that's my mindset anyway.
I feel really strong am ready for a kick-ass lifting day. Hope you have a kick-ass day too.

Isn't it NUTS! I mean, I practically had a blood vessel exploding on my forehead yesterday doing biceps, and today, I can hardly feel ANYTHING. It's not like I was holding back. Your body just gets better and better at recovering as you go along.

It is SUCH a cool feeling, getting strong, isn't it?
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 19:05
Under Construction

Lifting day. I forgot the darn notebook again.
I don't think I increased too much weight but had a really good hard lifting day anyway.

Rode my bike for 1.5 miles as well.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 04:08
Under Construction

vacation 7/10-7/17
walked, rode bike and lifted 10 pound dumbells and did ab work daily.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 06:17
Under Construction

Lifting day! It feels great to be back at it. I have to say I was a little weaker after just one week off. I had a hard time with the leg curls in particular. After reducing the weight by 5 pounds to 55 I did complete all 3 sets of 12. Everything else was close too. Of course, I did forget my notebook, as usual. I wonder if it's some subconscious thing
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 03:54
Under Construction

yesterday was a grueling 20 min HIIT. It sucked...so good.
cut the grass later.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 07:03
Under Construction

Great workout today. I did some squats with 40 pounds, increased some, held steady on others but overall it was good vigorous effort and i feel strong.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

40 pounds is a LOT! Good job - THAT was quick!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 06:51
Under Construction

HIIT it! I did a 20 minute run/walk around the block. I pushed myself but didn't seem to be able to go as long running. Could be I have eaten so little, could be I drank last night. I did ok though and would say it was the best I could do for today. So I'm fine w/ it.

I just read my first exercise post and it cracked me up. I'm glad to be able to recognize the progress.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 09:08
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

As a rather too experienced drinker...it's not really whether you drink, it's how much. If you overdo it the night before, and you don't make sure to take extra water before going to bed (a lot of it), you will end up dehydrated the morning after, even if you don't get a hangover. This might not show up in normal office work, but it will show up for sure if you go out and exercise in the morning. About 40 oz. of water, or as much as you can stomach, immediately upon getting up, helps put you right. If you're obviously hungover but still want to exercise, see if you can get the better part of 2 liters down you. Of course, with a true and genuine hangover, the state of the stomach makes that kinda difficult.

With weights, if you are hung over, your brain simply can't coordinate your muscles and joints as well. Nothing to do about that, I'm afraid, except not to be surprised if you're not lifting as well as usual, and don't try to push yourself to equal previous lifts as some sort of "payback" for the sore head. It doesn't help and all you can do is hurt yourself. (Speaking from unfortunate experience here.)

E.