Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I am one pound away from Pre-pregnancy

(after just over 2 years of just growing and....

I am really excited. I got pregnant pretty heavy, although it was just after losing about 50 lbs. Through the pregnancy I gained about 40 lbs, came home from the hospital only 20 lbs over prepregnancy weight though. AND THEN....I gained it all back, plus an extra ten or so.

Since April 1st or so, when I started Atkins, I am now down 52 lbs. One more and I will be at pre pregnancy weight. I am so excited, because this was one of the BIG goals I was hoping to reach. During the big weight loss I managed just before becoming pregnant, I actually was down to 254 at one point. This is the lowest weight I have been in over 10 years. I am looking forward to reaching that weight as my next big goal. And after that, every single ounce will be like Christmas!

I am feeling a renewed surgance of energy, excitement and motivation. I had a bit of a crazy month in August, cheating a few times (unusual for me) and feeling a little frustrated with myself and my diet. But I'm back in order now, and the results are really showing. I am so proud.

By the Way Doreen: In another thread you asked how I was coping with the short short days way up North. Sorry to brag, but I think we are still on the LONG swing with our days yet. My parents live a couple hours drive West of Thunder Bay Ontario and it is dark there over an hour before it gets dark here yet. We have bright sun still at 7 am when I get up for work, but it is changing fast. That is the thing about up here, we have the long days for a long time, but when it starts to change, it changes in leaps and bounds.

My husband used to go fishing in the middle of summer and be able to return by boat as late at 12:00 midnite, or even 12:30 and it would not yet be dark, now he's back about 9 and it is just dark then. The other night at about 8 pm our power went out for a few minutes and it happened just as I was talking to my mom in her Thunder Bay area. I told her the power was out and she asked what I was doing for light because she could still hear baby playing around. I said, "the curtains are open, its ok" and she was shocked because it was well into dark darkness for her by then.

If you start getting too jealous, remember in another month or so, it'll be dark when I leave work at 3:45, and you can laugh at me for having to postpone a trip to town ( ) last weekend because we had a crazy two day snowstorm.

Cheers, off to the big city of Thompson Manitoba for a wild weekend (Where there is both a Wal mart and a Canadian Tire YEEE HAW)!

Mari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 10:58

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: I am one pound away from Pre-pregnancy

Quote:
Originally posted by otenn
Since April 1st or so, when I started Atkins, I am now down 52 lbs. One more and I will be at pre pregnancy weight. I am so excited, because this was one of the BIG goals I was hoping to reach. During the big weight loss I managed just before becoming pregnant, I actually was down to 254 at one point. This is the lowest weight I have been in over 10 years. I am looking forward to reaching that weight as my next big goal. And after that, every single ounce will be like Christmas!

WTG Mari. Please give yourself a big pat on the back. Are you planning on doing anything to celebrate? I'm a big fan of treating myself and admit to going overboard sometimes..... but I have such a hard time resisting that four letter word "s-a-l-e"

Keep up the great work
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 14:28

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%

Way to go, lady!!!!!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work...and thanks for motivating the rest of us!

Muse
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 14:56

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

[[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]FONT=century gothic]Brilliant news, are you going to go out and buy a new wardrobe and if so what's the first thing on the list?[/FONT]

Bez
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 15:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Mari

Whoa, I saw a post by otenn, then the word pregnancy ... I was all set to jump in here with congrats, and well .... congrats on the 52 lbs!! That's a big baby

I have no doubt you'll reach your next goal soon. Christmas come early!!

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 07:32
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Awesome

Losing all that weight! Getting back to prepregnancy levels is a goal that I've had since having my daughter almost 9 years ago. I was 165 before I got pregnant, and got up to 214 at my last check up. After I had her, my weight was about 190, and I gained and lost with a few plans. Finally last summer I was 216, the heaviest I had ever been and I decided to try Atkins. Here I am, more than a year later, and I'm lower than my prepregnancy weight! It's only taken me almost 9 years to get here, but I didn't know about Atkins. With a few false starts and some vacations from the program, I'm back on track and on my way down.

Congrats to all of us!

Viva la low-carb!

Elihnig
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 02:25

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi Osten and Elhnig and Doreen,

Well done on the weight loss, both of you.

Can you tell me, did you have trouble starting again with the few false starts and if you did what happened?...did stopping and starting become more difficult to lose the initial weight or was it as easy as at the first time?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Bez

#8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 18:13
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Coming back into the WOL

After being "bad" this summer, I found it a lot harder to get into the swing of things again. I knew that I needed to get back into ketosis (not that I measure with sticks) in order to get the weight coming off again. I decided to do 2-3 days with meat. I may have used eggs too, some, but it was mostly just meat. Then I followed with induction and the weight started coming off again. It's an very nice feeling having your pants, which used to be tight on you become loose!

Elihnig