Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:02

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%
Default Having a hormonal breakdown right now..

Forgive me... I am gonna be OKAY...just had a breakdown this morning.

I am still staying with Atkins but I did eat bad today... had about 100carbs oh well...at least tomorrow is a new day.

Last edited by Wenzday : Thu, Feb-05-04 at 14:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:07
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Try to get a grip!!! We all go through these periods and it's going to get be a bit worse this month. Just comes with winter. Try to drink a lot of water..that helps flush out any excess salt. Take some potassium...that helps equalize blood pressure. Eat a lot of protein and fat...that helps satisfy cravings. Tomorrow...plan a great CAD RM meal with whatever foods you've been dying for. NOT TODAY, TOMORROW.

Good luck. I feel for you!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326/308/190 Male 6'
BF:51%/?%/15%
Progress: 13%

Wenzday,

How did you come to the conclusion that it was high blood pressure? Did you actually measure it or are you guessing at the cause?

If you are guessing, head over to one of those places where you can measure it for free. See if it really is what you think it is. Then, and only then, read up in Dr. Atkins book on what he says about high blood pressure. You might be albe to adjust what you are eating and take care of it.

I agree with Zul here, what ever you decide to do, do it tomorrow once it has had time to sink in and you have fully thought about it.

You are doing so great! Don't fall off the horse now!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:49

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. A day on WW would do that to me too Stick to LC -Dr A said the first med's to go are for high bp.
Are you using nu-salt instead of regular salt?. THat will lower your sodium and up your potassium both.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey jessie,
Don't beat yourself up, so you slipped up big deal. This is a way of life not a diet.

I was wondering, do you make or buy yourself low carb substitutes? If cravings come on it is better to have a legal treat than a naughty one you know what I mean .
I have a great recipe for LC brownies, they are quick easy and rather low carb - if you are interested let me know and I'll paste it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 15:47

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

go for it

I both make and buy my treats... but I honestly had a breakdown and was waivering all over the map with what I should be eating... lol It's happened 1 or 2 other times in these 6 months too so I expect it'll happen again. I am mad though! I just got back into ketosis and bam right back out. Part of me wants to go eat some great carby treat for dinner but I seriously doubt that would help!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 15:52
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I know the tempation is there, but don't do it! I, too, have had really bad days where I just felt like shoving it in, but stick with it!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 15:52
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

By the way, your Fitday isn't working. I'd like to see it.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ok, here is the recipe:

2 squares bakers chocolate
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar substitute (i use splenda)
half cup almond meal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raspberry sugarless jam (optional)
1 half cup chopped nuts (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350. In a microwave safe bowl nuke the chocolate and butter together for about 2 minutes. Stir everything well, it should be melted throughly, if not put it back in the microwave a little longer.
Add the sugar vanilla and jam at this point, mix well. Then fold in the almond meal and nuts. Transfer mix to a well greased baking pan of adequate size. Bake for about 30-35 minutes (this turns out better under rather than overcooked).

The whole recipe has 1910 calories and 45 net carbs (less if you ommit nuts)), so divide your portions with that in mind .
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 09:58

Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Wenzday,

Just ride it out girl! We all have those hormonal days where old habits and guick food fixes in our minds seem to make sense. Don't beat yourself up for small slips. I just want you to know that I have been watching your posts and stats since I started on this WOE and you my friend are one that inspires me and motivates me to go on. You have come so far, don't beat yourself up for being human.

Lauri
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 18:26

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

We girls all have those hormonal days. So you comforted yourself..so what.. And you know what, it won't be the last time you do it either. If you stay eating this way for life, I figure we are all going to have at least 6 of these days a year. Just accept it as being human (and a wonderful human at that) and the days will get better.