Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:23
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%
Question the taste of water

Ok now, my friend thinks Im nuts. Maybe you will too,lol but since I started this WOL I only like bottled water. Tap water seems to have a stronger yucky flavor to me now that I didn't notice before .
It tastes like a pool, YUCK.. Even when I go to a resteraunt I ask if they have bottled water cause one time I got their tap water and almost spit it out on the table, sent it back. Guess Im a lil weird but tap water makes me gag now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:45

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Depending on how your city treats their water, it can taste good or bad. At work, different city, the tap water is disgusting. At home, thank God, the tap water is delicious and I drink 2+ liters a day!

Whatever works for ya--just keep chugging!

Nicole

ps--what brand of bottled water do you prefer? I usually get Dasani and it's okay but wondering if there's a better one out there??
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I'm the opposite. Bottled water tastes "thin" and distilled to me. Zero flavor.

My tap water in west MI is delicious and fresh tasting.

Fortunately that's a $$ bonus for me.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:49
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

My DH went out and bought a DeerPark water cooler. Saves alot of money and tastes great.When out and about I also buy Dasani.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 08:01
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

When I was in the U.S. I loved Dasani, it was really the only bottled water I drank. However, I remember reading somewhere that they add salt to it.

I do not know if this is a rumor or fact and as I cannot get Dasani here I cannot check it out to let you know for sure. I just wanted to mention that I'd heard that in case anyone was interested in checking it out.

~Kimberly
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 08:37
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

wait till you can tell the difference between brands of bottled water lol.

I dont drink tap water at all and I can only drink great bear bottled water... I buy about a dozen gallons at a time since I drink about 2 a day and once I picked up the wrong bottle without paying attention because I was just grabbing them and I tasted it and spit it out. It tasted vile!

I dont like the dasani water, it has this plastic flavor to me. Poland spring in the hard plastic bottles I like and deer park I can live with if there is no great bear around
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 08:41

Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

My very favorite is Evian. I can definitely taste the difference between Evian and anything else. The problem is that is so expensive. I only get it once in a while.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:36
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The water here is nasty. You can actually smell the chlorine in it. When ever we go back home to visit family though I can drink strait from the tap.

To save a bit of money what you might do is get a brita pitcher for the fridge. It really does well at removing things and keeping the water refridgerated also helps improve the taste.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/219/185 Male 6 foot 2
BF:
Progress: 74%

The funny thing is, that your tap water is cleaner then bottled water. Drink manufacturers aren't held to the same standards as city water so it isn't as clean.

Bottled spring water or mineral waters are the only ones that you would have any CLAIMED health benefits. That is why those ones taste different. They have their own chemicals and minerals in them naturally.

The city I live in has great local water, so I drink that.

Dasani is filtered city water... aquafina is the same.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:48

Stats: 242/235/157 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I prefer bottled water also. And I want it cold. I don't like hot drinks at all and I want plenty of ice in anything that I do drink.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:53

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Dasani is filtered city water... aquafina is the same.

Snort...... I think I could probably manage to pour my filtered tap water into a bottle and drink it. Imagine the money I'd save..LOL

Well like you I drink tap water. Plain old tap water and it's great.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 14:01

Stats: 225/225/140 Female 5'4
BF:?
Progress: 0%

I'm with all of you--I can't stand tap water. I went and bought one of those 5 gallon water coolers--the culligan store in town allows you to purchase the ones that are returned from businesses that were previously leased out--so they're in perfect shape--and only $75--then they deliver those 5 gallon bottels of water for free and the water only cost $5 a bottle. I SAVE a LOT of money buy doing this and I have Hot/Cold GOOD water on tap and ready all the time.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 16:55
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

I was always drinking bottled water, which was a PITA to carry home (not to mention to pay for ), constantly running out etc. I'm off work on holiday for 2 weeks after this week and I drink about 5-6 litres a day (mainly from the bottled water cooler at work) so I knew I was going to need to get a *lot* of bottled water in, so thought I'd try it the easy way..... I bought a Brita fridge filter jug last weekend and, although I can tell the difference between bottled water and Brita'd tap water, it's not too bad, and in the long run saves money
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 17:10

Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I had the opposite reaction. After moving to Los Angeles from NJ I could only drink bottled water. The tap water in NJ was great, but LA tap water had a "kick" to it. It was vile. Since LCing, the LA tap water seems to have no flavor.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 17:58
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

My DH just takes the 5 gallon container to the grocery store and uses the machine to fill it. Only costs $1.50 for 5 gallons.