Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 06:16
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%
Default Oh my heck! 3 days - Lost 1kg and 1 inch!

I don't believe it. I have done this before - but I don't remember these results.

I started Induction on the 3rd (actually on the 2nd - but in the evening after dinner - which luckily was also under 20 carbs - and I hadn't eaten all day - so...) and today is the 5th - 1:18pm for me. (Germany) and even though I won't post weight changes until a week has gone by, I weighed myself this morning when I got up (testing the new scale! LOL!) and guess what? 1kg (2.2lbs) less! Holy cow! I really don't believe it!

Then (just about 5 minutes ago), I was cleaning up my desk and before I wound the measuring tape up - I figured "Why not?" and measured and WOW! MINUS 1 inch on EVERY part! Bust, Waist, Hips and thighs (I have a freckle on my right thigh so I know where to measure LOL!) and arms - all 1 inch smaller!

2.5 days (I guess you could say 3.5 - given the above) and 2.2 lbs and 1 inch everywhere less. Now I know this is water weight and all - but still! It's sweet inspiration!

Side note: I am drinking a LOT of water - about 2x the required amount - for those interested.

I cannot wait (weight? LOL!) for next Tuesday!

Anyone else notice such quick results in the first week?

Keep up the excellent work everyone!
~Kimberly

Last edited by kimberlyw : Thu, Feb-05-04 at 06:21.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:01
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Way to go kimberlyw... Keep up the good work.And yes the water is a key point in this WOL.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:04
Zombie Love Slave

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 247.6/231.6/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Congrats on your loss Kimberly! There will be much more to look forward to I am certain! And we'll all be here to pat you on the back....

Keeping up your water will help to flush to fat...good habit that you've picked up. Wish I could manage to drink 2x the daily requirements.

And don't assume it's water weight.

I wish you every success in your weight loss journey! Don't forget to start a journal (if you already haven't) so we can come visit and keep up on your progress.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/161/155 Female 5'9"
BF:38.9%/23.4%/22%
Progress: 94%

My first day in I lost seven pounds. I nearly fell off the scale with shock. Most of it, if not all was water, but once all of the excess retention was gone the fat started flying off at an incredible rate as well. Beware of the hated plateau though, it comes out of no where and takes a lot of discipline to not freak out over it. Not trying to scare or discourage you, just want to prepare you for the phases this WOL leads you through.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:54

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Congratulations and best wishes on your continued success.