Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%
Unhappy When Life deals you a blow (or 2 or 6...)

Well, I have to say that today is the first day since May that I just feel like saying F&*K IT!

edited. Lets just says life sucks right now.

It’s so hard to stay strong during times like these. We have a sales meeting this morning and if someone brings in the Krispy Kreams I don’t know if I would really care if I ate 2,3 or even 4 of them......

Last edited by GrooveJock : Wed, Feb-04-04 at 05:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:32
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Noooo!!! I am sorry all that stuff has gone wrong for you lately.

However, don't give in - you've done GREAT so far (and the Colon Blow cracked me up! *giggles!*) and eating all those da^n donuts is just going to be one more thing that goes wrong. *Yuck!*

Best of luck to you and keep up the excellent work!

~Kimberly
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:34

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default celbrity fit club on itv 1 and 2 in uk

has anyone been watching celebrity fit club on itv in uk?

would like to know what foods they are eating but they dont mention but they are losing weight fast.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:36

Stats: 235/167/155 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default i agree

DONT DO IT, DONT GIVE IN, BE STRONG. I had a stressful busy night at work and barely had time to eat my healthy low carb food I ate. An old nurse came in about 1am and dropped off donuts and baked goods. In between traumas; it's alot easier to eat that then a salad and chicken, so i had some--esp when you havent ate anything for 7 hours and i was STARVING. So of course afterwards I feel like sh!t. Don't do it, ain't worth feeling like crap afterwards and not worth messing up your goal. Eat a big low carb breakfast so there's no chance for you to be hungry. Deal with one thing at a time and you'll get through it. Take it easy dude.

-steve
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:46

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hey Groovejack you look so good if I was 10 years younger, well maybe a little more and wasn't married happily, I would give you a whirl.Why would you want to mess with that? I know you don't want to add another bad thing to all the ones already piling up so why n ot turn it around and start a new pile of good things happening like a nice big low carb breakie.Have a really good trip to Dallas and try to think positive thoughts.All of us at this forum are here for you.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 06:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/240/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I get the same way under stress and just want to eat junk to cope with things. over the summer I lost 40 lbs, then had a stress attack and pigged out in september ,that was the beginning of the end. It is now 5 months later and I'm back on induction having regained 5 lbs. Its not just you. alot of us turn to food as a stress reliever/self medication. I made a pact with myself this time to talk to someone and really pour my guts out to deal with things rather then to turn to foods i'll regret later. best of luck. hang in there...flutterbye
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 07:17
Italian Goddess

Stats: 255/199/150 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 53%

please don't confuse being stressed with giving up your healthier way of eating. I know it's hard and I know stress makes us want to eat, but it truly isn't worth it because it begins a downward spiral of self loathing. If you hate yourself, you'll eat more, the more you eat the more you'll hate yourself. Believe me, I've been there. So I'm here to challenge you not to go off track!!!!! Try some deep breathing exercises and if that doesn't work, say every single filthy word you know in your head lolol. Sometimes we just need to let off some steam.

Smile and have a better day!

Krista
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 07:55

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Just think when you get over this slump, atleast you will have good eating habits and less weight. Don't eat the Krispy Kremes and don't F#~kit. Life can suck from time to time but there is always someone whose life is suckier than our own. I can say that my life is sucky now but I have my family. There is a family that I know who is burying their 15 year old daughter today. My life is going quite well in the comparison.

This may not have helped but realize that ruining your diet isn't worth it.

B57
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:22

Stats: 205/150/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

Well, Maybe I can beat ya.

I was just offered this amazing new position and was sent to Nashville TN to begin training. This job pays well and the benefits are terrific.

Anyway, I packed all of my stuff for the 3 weeks I would be there, scraped together some spending money and bought 3 new business suits.

I was there for one night and the head of HR called to tell me that during my background check, they found a bounced check that I had written 10 years ago and since I didn't report the fact I had to pay a fine im court etc, that they had to send me home. (it was considered a conviction on my record, a $30 check that i paid.. who knew)

So, here i am.. back home.. less money... embarrassed like you guys wouldn't believe. This is pretty bad, but somehow I managed not to gorge myself silly.

I know that I will find something else and get past this, but this just bites.. I graduated summa cum laude with a BS in Business, have almost completed an MBA and a stupid move 10 years back derails me. yuck.

Well, thanks for letting me share. And if this doesn't cause me to overeat then nothing will lol..

Take care
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

As kimberlyw said, why add Krispy Kreme donuts to the other things that have gone wrong? Alot of those other things that have gone wrong are maybe things you have no control over, but you DO have control over what you put in your mouth. Sorry, you've had such a tough time lately. Hope it all gets better! Good luck on your LC journey!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:39

Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

Eat those KK's and you could set yourself on a spiral all the way back to where you came from. Without Atkins, you'd probably still be 248 lbs. Think about that. Next time you want to say F**k this WOE, look how far it has brought you. And, do you really WANT to go back?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:48

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Thanks ya'll. Im fine now. I stuck it out this morning, just finished my mid morning snack of planter peanuts snack pack.

im gonna keep on truckin'
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:06
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Turning to junk food is what got me in this mess to begin with. Whenever I was upset I either drank beer or ate junk food.And when bored I did both,UHG.
I say congrats on coming here before turning to them donuts.
It just goes to show how far we have all come in turning to a person instead of a snack.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:18
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

Congrats on staying strong GrooveJock!!

I too have had what I now call "the cr~ppiest January of all time" ...from my hours at work being messed up, my car insurance increasing by 50%, and the kicker, being told I have 60 days to get out of my apartment because the new owner wants to live in my unit!

But, all that aside....I kept it in the back of my mind that LC'ing was the ONLY thing I could control in my life. Yes, when I got my 60 day notice, first thought was to go to the donut shop (not kidding, it's true and in my journal! scout's honour!! ) but I didn't...I knew that would be just one more thing gone wrong.

February's turning out to be better. My manager's looking into getting my hours changed, DH and I found a new house .....and I haven't strayed from LC'ing, so I only have success on the scales!

Stay strong! Don't let the man, or the donuts, get you down!

We're rooting for ya!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:28
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Good! Glad to hear it!

~K