Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 06:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, Renee! So this weekend is the calm before the storm, huh? Hope things go ok on Monday.

I've been so busy with the new job, mostly because I'm trying to impress the heck out of my new boss at first. He's a great guy, and just turned 30! I'm going to be 49 in a couple months, and it's definitely a weird feeling. I could be his mother! We have an extremely good working relationship, though, and I have loads of respect for him. Even at 30 he's probably the best manager I've ever worked for/with. (Although I'm not technically a manager, I've been promoted to the management team.)

This weekend I plan to work with Fitday (the full version that you buy) to learn the advanced functionality. Elaine had emailed me some screen shots of her menus, and her screens contain quite a bit more information that is shown on mine. If anyone is thinking about purchasing the full version, I say go for it. It's much better than the free online version. The only drawback is that I used to enter foods during the day while I'm at work. Now I can only do it at home. And that means planning ahead, which although hard, is probably better anyway. There is a way to copy your data and then use it on another computer, but I'd rather just use it at home and pre-plan.

Didn't weigh myself this morning, but I'm feeling about the same. I seem to be losing my butt, though. When I stand sideways to the mirror, my butt seems definitely flatter. Hmmmmm. This is how it happened both times before when I lost a lot of weight. I didn't actually lose pounds very quickly at all (in fact, last time I did formal Atkins Induction, I lost only 6 pounds in the first two weeks and then NOTHING for more than 2 months), but all my clothes started getting looser, and first in the butt. So maybe I'm onto something here by upping my fat percentages, lowering my carbs, and getting enough protein.

I also haven't worked out for 2 weeks. Last week . . . well, you know what last week was like for me. Then last Sunday morning I woke up and couldn't lift my right arm more than a couple inches to the side or twist it at all. It was like I somehow injured my rotator cuff. I've been putting heat on it every evening, and little by little it's gotten better. No clue how I hurt it, because (as I said) I hadn't worked out in a week. I'm still going to give it a couple days, and probably start back with the workouts on Tuesday.

Elaine, thanks again for the tip on the Bowflex. I've been calling, but they must be overwhelmed with calls because the line is always busy. The thing is so sturdy and well put together, I just don't see how it could possibly cause the type of injuries they mentioned. I'll keep trying, though. They say they'll send the repair kit; I just hope they send me one (I bought my Bowflex second-hand).

Well, I'll check in again later. Time to play with Fitday.

A belated welcome to all the new faces! As others have said, you've caught us at a pretty stressful time. Must be the alignment of the planets or something, but everyone seems to have loads of stress in their lives right now.

OK, everyone ready? How about a nice big group hug?