Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 02:06
Amazonian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Atkins menu at TGI Fridays!!

Hey everyone....

Just wanted to let you know that TGI Fridays has Atkins approved menu selections!! Here is the link on their site http://www.tgifridays.com/menu/atkins.htm

I went there tonite with friends and the food was GREAT!!! We split the spinach dip..served with veggies instead of chips! And I had the Garlic chicken. The waitress didn't order me the Atkins version, so there were mashed potatoes on the plate. I asked her about it after and she said the Atkins version is exactly the same, they just don't put the potatoes on, so I just ate around the potatoes....other than that, it was awesome!

Between this and Subway....I'm really excited lc'ing is going mainstream! Let's hope other restaurants hop on board (soon) too!!

Last edited by kath310 : Thu, Jan-29-04 at 02:07.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:06

Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

Exactly

LC is becoming mainstream

Ah good old LC. Deserves the attention
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:07

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Thanks for the link Kath - we have a TGIF just up the street and I have been thinking of trying it. The salads look great!! I don't like the other meals because I DESPISE broccoli. I am glad they have some choices without it! Orchid
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:20
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Cool! More choices! This WOE gets easier and easier each day!! And since I love broccoli, I won't have any problems in that regard! I buy BIG bags of broccoli all the time now. It's already to stick right into my salad, and I tend to have more broccoli than anything else in the salad. It's really a brocolli salad!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 20:05

Stats: 340/269/200 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

I ate there for lunch today also. The spinach dip was excellent! It lists 27 carbs if you eat the whole thing. I probably ate about 1/2 of the dip myself, but only about 1/3 of the veggies they had for dipping. (I assume they included the veggies in the carb total.) I guess that works out to no more than 12-15 carbs that I ate.

I also had the "cheeseburger cheeseburger", which is 2 approx 1/3 lb cheeseburgers w/o the bun, served with a small salad, altogether listed as 6 carbs. After the dip, I only could eat 1 1/2 hamburgers.

They had several other choices, all of which looked very good. Their new menu will certainly increase my business there.