Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169/135 Female 5'6
BF:25
Progress: 15%
Default disappointed with weight loss

Hi all,

I am disappointed. After almost 2 weeks last night I weighed 160 and this morning 162. How can this be? I even did two three mile runs. I am through PMS.

A typical menu:
breakfast: cheese omelette
lunch: salad with bleu cheese, turkey and roast beef
dinner: asparagus, cheeseburger, no bun, salad, creamed spinach

snacks: cheese and pork rinds dipped in tahini paste

Yes, I take supplements and drink lots of water. I just think I should have lost at least 4 pounds by now. I do have a good 4, 5 cups of coffee too.

Help! R.M.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Well, as you will hear throughout the boards, weight loss has its ups & downs.
What about measurements? Have you lost inches? Pants any baggier?
I could easily go over a month without the scale budging, but my pants were getting looser all the time.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:08
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Also, it seems you eat a lot of cheese. Maybe cut down a bit on it? And both cheese and pork rinds are a bit salty foods. You might have some water retention (it can stay a while after PMS - I have it all through TOM and a few days after.) What is lots of water for you? I drink a gallon daily.

Hang in there!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 19:21
Registered Member

Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

Is that an adorable Pommie I see in your picture, Rosemarie??? Got a chihuahua napping on my lap right now...my husband calls her, "The chihuahua that thinks she's a dog" because she's so sweet...

But to your question...I am losing pounds sloooowly but I am seeing my clothes fit better. Also when I was on Atkins in the past it was VERY non-linear weight loss. 3 lbs lower one week...then 1/2 pound lower...then one pound gain...then nothing...then nothing...then two pounds, etc.

And finally--someone posted that when you step up your exercise, your muscles retain a bit of water for recovery. It is temporary but it may be what's happening to you.

Best wishes,
Nancy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 07:19
Registered Member

Stats: 139/129/122 Female 62 inches
BF:!!!????
Progress: 59%

I wouldn't worry about the scale so much as how your clothes are fitting you. Your sample menu looks good. Perhaps it just has to do with that TOM. Keep up the good work and don't let that scale get you down. Looking forward to hearing about your future successes.