Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/280/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking We're So Excited! Whooooosh!

My DH and I lost 5 pounds each, sometime during the night! Since we started on induction on Jan 11th, (and have stayed on that) my DH went from 339 to 315 this am, and I'm down from 297 to 280! We went about 4 days where we didn't lose anything and we were a bit discouraged (even though we knew this is common). I can actually see and feel most of this loss in my belly (same for DH), and it's sure a boost to also "notice" the difference! Anyway, just wanted to let you all know we're doing well on this, and as an encouragement to others to stay faithful and it WILL happen!
P.S. How do we get the cheatfree star to appear on our site? I'm not very computer literate, so if you could sort of spell it out for me, it would be a good thing. Thanks.

Last edited by wedunit : Wed, Jan-28-04 at 10:28.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:39

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Lindy Way to go! Both of you are doing wonderfuly well.Isn't it intresting how things disappear during the night?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:55

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Congrats on your loss!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 11:05
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Good for you!! Wonderful to see the pounds disappear like magic... Makes you start believing in leprechauns again!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 11:22

Stats: 170/169/135 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up Way to Go!!!

Hi Lindy,

Saw your post and just wanted to say congratulations to you and your husband. That is wonderful.

For your question about the Cheatfree logo. Go to the "Comments Box and Technical Questions" Forum.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 11:55
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations! Keep on keeping on!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:27

Stats: 242/235/157 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I love "hearing" the enthusiasm in your post. Congratulations!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 13:58

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Lindy

Congrats to you and your hubby! Does it feel great?

BrewWa
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:06

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

WTG on all those pounds down. Feels great, doesn't it?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:49
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Congrats to you both - hope it continues --
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 20:42
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks all, for the encouragement and congrats. We went grocery shopping this afternoon -- bought some rib steaks on sale, a bunch of fresh broccoli (is there any other kind?), and a few fresh mushrooms. Supper was great -- BURP! Does it get any better than this? In the "old" times, we would have also had a large baked potato, but you know what? We don't even miss that ole potato now! We are going to have a 0-carb jello dessert with whipped cream (using Splenda for the sugar) later in the evening to top off the day; then to bed with our tummies and our minds fully satiated. The best part of course, is that with all that wonderful food we'll still lose weight. Amazing!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 20:53

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful thing to share with someone you love. You have been amazingly successful and I am looking forward to seeing your progress in the future.

I took my love to Outback steak house tonight for a special treat and we had big steaks and lobster tails and salad with blue cheese and no croutons. The bread on the table didn't even interest us. And we feel great too! Orchid
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 21:25

Plan: Based on Atkins
Stats: 342/307.2/165 Female 69
BF:342/307.2/165
Progress: 20%

Congrats!! You and I seem to be on the same weight loss "train"

(yes, DH gave me back the scale) - and this evening I weighed 15 pounds less!!! I will check in the morning since that is my typical weigh-in time.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/230/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am quite envious that you have acompanion in the venture. I am sure that feels so great to be sharing it together. Glad you are loving the eating plan. Me too!!!!
Have you seen any other benefits other than the weight loss??
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 21:54
Registered Member

BF:

You know, we are feeling a bit more energetic (maybe mostly due to the euphoric feeling we have at such a wonderful start). A few days I was getting headaches, and I know that's probably a withdrawal symptom. We're reading through the Atkins book, and find it also very encouraging. Quite often we just look at each other and say, "WE CAN DO THIS!" We've always been big meat eaters, love eggs and cheese. Our downfall always was the potatoes, pasta, rice, and bread. We both love to cook, and are "home chefs", each of us having our own specialties that we like to produce. My DH is the gourmet and best meat cook. He likes to do lamb roasts, prime rib roasts, anything on the grill; can make an entire turkey dinner that is absolutely marvelous. I am more into the standard comfort foods like lasagne, shredded beef enchiladas, almost any pasta dish, various meats, pies and cakes, sauces, etc. Anyway, we have about 80 cookbooks of all types; and I could sit and read cookbooks like most people would read any other good book. My DH and I have been fixated on food all our lives. Some of us are just born that way. What we enjoy so much about this Atkins WOE is that we can enjoy our meat, eggs, and cheeses, and also we love fresh vegetables (raw or steamed). We don't eat from boxed or canned foods (with the exception of such items as tomato sauce, for instance), as we like to cook everything from "scratch". We found a long time ago that most restaurants can be very disappointing in their ability to put out a great meal, so we rarely eat out. We can do better at home. We get in the kitchen together much of the time and enjoy working with each other on putting something wonderful on the table. Oh my! I didn't mean to get so carried away, but then talking about food and cooking is one of my favorite topics!