Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:18

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%
Question ok, so I'm naughty! but it's exercise!!!!

I've been thinking about buying some videos on how to strip. Oh, and belly dancing too! It qualifys as exercise. Dh would love it. Besides it's fun to be a bit naughty and not look like a clutz doing it! So has anyone tried the tapes? Any recomendations???????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:20
boy interrupted

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Never tried but if you need a workout partner let me know. Also it must be easier to bring a pole in house as opposed to a treadmill!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:24

BF:

Ha ha!!!!!! Actually we have huge empty barn with a pole in it. LOL
I do aerobics and yoga. I love to dance! I have pretty naughty streak so the stripping tapes would be fun!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 14:30
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Funny you mention that, I was looking into taking some classes in NYC. I actually do bellydance - and recommend it for any and every woman, it is so wonderful for your self esteem and really makes you feel sensuous and womanly. It feels so good to be able to dance and move fluidly. It's importnat to find a loving teacher and a good class though, rather than a competitive and catty type group of women. (they ARE out there)

If you get pole videos that are good let me know. Salsa is also sexy - like bellydance you really get those hips moving and learn how to shake it with confidence.

Anyone to help me install my pole?

We could have pole installing parties and shows!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 15:00

BF:

Meg, Your lucky! It's too darn small of a town for lessons! So videos it is! I have tried salsa. fun!
I hear you on women being catty! If I've had a buck for everytime someone said I had to have had my boobs done I'd be rich!!!!!! Can't I just be blessed????? Or I love those have to be contacts............. UUUggggghh!
I can look at another beautiful woman and appreciate the beauty . Not be catty!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 21:03
Registered Member

Stats: 197/165/130 Female 5'4"
BF:??/29/20
Progress: 48%

The S-Factor, by Sheila Kelley! It incorporates stripping and some elements of other types of erotic dance, and the workout is really fun, AND it'll kick your ass. She's got a website, www.sfactor.com, where you can get her video, and you can also buy her book at just about any bookstore. I LOVE it. Plus, she's even got sample strip routines at the back of the book, as well as a bunch of pole tricks and tips on stripping for your nearest and dearest. Check it out!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 06:47

BF:

Bookery, Thanks alot!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 07:47

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default SFActor

I am a big fan of SFactor. Excellent (advanced) core exercises with FUN:-)
The SFactor site provides info about poles: http://www.sfactor.com/product_pole.asp

Quote: "The Pole is very easy to install. It takes less than 10 minutes for the initial installation. And weighs a mere 20 lbs. Our simple design incorporates a unique ceiling mount, disguised as a plant hook for discretion, that requires only a single screw. A threaded compression system holds the dance pole in place. It can handle a person up to 250 pounds. When the pole is put away all you have left is a functional plant hook in the ceiling. After initial installation it takes only seconds to put up or take down, with no tools needed.
The removable nature of our product offers the flexibility of only having it in place when you want to use it. You regain the space in your room when it is not in use. You can simply store it under your bed, behind the couch, or in a closet when finished. If you prefer, the pole can easily be made permanent."

Last edited by Galadriell : Thu, Jan-29-04 at 10:13.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:53
Registered Member

Stats: 249/204/185 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 70%

To give a male's perspective, watching stripping and bellydancing is very fun.

A majority of my Karate class (meaning all males from ages 20 to 60) would stay after class and delay leaving just so we could watch the belly dancers move.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Which videos do you have? I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the first one soon, along with the book...should I order the more advanced ones at the same time? Just asking because when I ordered bellydance videos, after a few real classes the basic ones were pretty much useless to me - too slow and redundant.

Thanks for the referral ladies! I will learn this privately (secret) and save the pole for a summer surprise for DH
I noticed some lessons in the city as well, you can get a beginner class for a good price ($60), but then to sign up for more you must take a package and it's very expensive!! I think $4-600. Unless I start going pro
(you know, starting school in march... it's a student job lol) I don't think I'll be taking those lessons and will just stick to bellydance.

Any more info advice to sell me on these videos is welcome

Another question I posted in the video thread: can anyone recommend a good "latin moves" video? I want it more for the hot moves than for excercise... I love music that is latin/arab mixed and would like to add some latin moves to my eastern vocabulary.

thanks,
Meg

Ha, Sunstar - as I get more advanced it's not bad to have an audience, but I can tell you it makes the beginners really really nervous and self conscious. Most women aren't accustomed to being "allowed" to make their bellies and hips and buts jiggle and shake. Not to mention the fools we make of ourselves when we start veil work.

EDITED IN: ok, I ordered the video and the book But wouldn't mind good reviews anyway to make me feel good! I like those shorts but there's no info on the sizing.

Last edited by Meg_S : Thu, Feb-05-04 at 11:26.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 07:34
Sexifying me

Plan: one pound at a time plan
Stats: 242/242/199 Female 5'4
BF:dont want to know
Progress: 0%

Woo-Hoo! You go girl! Sounds like a fun workout to me I think my husband would have a heart attack if I ever did that