Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%
Question Any Advice?

How many times a day do you eat???? I do not tend to eat more than twice a day, could that be stalling my weight loss?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Issabme : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 17:42.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:44

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

I eat 4-5 mini-meals normally. Or 3 regular meals. Depends...I have my hungry days (I eat the 4-5 meals on that day) and not so hungry days (like today). I just make sure I get the protein, fat and carbs (good ones from veggies and/or salads) in every "meal" and its working....and I feel satisfied...and am losing weight.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 18:19

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

It could be, especially if that meal that you skip most often is breakfast.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 19:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think it depends alot on you and what you are eating.

Atkins states to eat within 1 hour of waking up, then make sure not to go 6 hours without eating at least a small snack.

Body For Life has you wait breakfast until after your morning workout (assuming you work out in morning) then you have 6 minimeals in the day.

CAD states if youa ren't hungry, then skipping a meal is ok. Just don't skip meal after meal, or go all day without eating.

One consideration is how much are you eating at your 2 meals? If you are only getting 200-300 calories per meal, and having 400-600 calories a day, then yes that can definetly stall you, not to mention have health concequences. Get an account at www.fitday.com to be sure you are eating enough.

Also are you truely stalled. A True stall is 4-6 weeks with neither inches or pounds lost. The scale doesn't allways move. After induction many find they lose in chunks with no weight loss in between those times. For some (like me) there was even a small gain before a loss. Weight loss is not a steady or predictable thing. Also some lose inches and fat, while weight itself stays the same due to muscle and water being added. This is explained further in a post on how we lose weight (I think it's located in the best of section)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:40
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I don't remember the "eat within an hour of waking up" part, but I can't do it anyway..<shudder> I usually get up, get the kid up, do his therapy, get him ready and off to school..THEN I make my coffee and start thinking of eating.

I don't know if it's good to just eat twice a day though. I'd be hard to get enough calories that way, I'd think.

What do you usually eat in a day?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 21:01
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I eat 2 meals and 3 snacks. Breakfast is more of a snack for me as I eat it around 10:30, a few hours after I enjoy my morning coffee... usually something small to tide me over until lunch.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 21:57

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I eat three meals a day. If I am having a very active day due to 2 jobs, Curves and 2 kids in highschool and college, I will eat 4 times a day. A breakfast rich in protein will easily stay with me until lunch. In general I will have 2 slices of bacon, 1 or 2 eggs and lc toast. Tomorrow I will have a bowl of flax cereal.

Lunch, again, rich in protein, veggies and maybe lc bread.

Between lunch and dinner, I might have to teach flute lessons for about 4 hours so I might have a protein burger somewhere.Dinner is eaten later on the evenings when I am teaching for 4 hours. If I am not teaching, however, I won't eat after lunch until dinner time.

Dinner always has meat and a vegetable with or without my bread.

I make an effort to go atleast 3 hours between meals.

Last edited by black57 : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 22:02.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 22:02
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

I sometimes eat anywhere between 3-5 times a day and drink 2 liters of water. Out of that 2 of the meals are usually big.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 22:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/203/168 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default agree

5 to 6 small smaller meals, divide your calorie intake.

IT will improve metabolism + satiety.