Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 06:03

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Monday - Jan 26

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu was excellent yesterday - I finally seem to have gotten back on track for the first time since the surgery back in November (the 2 week-long trips to my stepdaughter's house slowed my progress a bit as did Thanksgiving and Christmas). I didn't drink enough water yesterday - will rectify that today. My weigh was 176.5 this AM - but the upper level of my 'spare tire' has that jiggly quality that often proceeds my fat disappearing.

Total calories: 1315
Fat: 63 gms 568 cal 45%
Sat: 18 gms 158 cal 13%
Poly: 16 gms 146 cal 12%
Mono: 25 gms 222 cal 18%
Carbs: 44 gms 115 cal 9% ECC:28 gms
Fiber: 16 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 143 gms 573 cal 46%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Lunch:
4 chicken drumsticks (marinaded in Ellie's oriental chicken marinade )
1 cup steamed sugar snap peas
.75 cup steamed baby carrots

Dinner:
6 ozs baked ham
1.5 cup geen beans with 1 t bacon fat

About 64 ozs water & 12 ozs coffee

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 06:07.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%

Good morning Orang, and everyone else

Another snowy cold day today! My girlfriends and I were planning a short trip (2 days) going to Frankenmuth MI and Brich Run (Big outlet mall) and staying at the Bavarian Inn (5 pools, jacuzzi, and all that stuff) anyhow now we have a big snow storm coming in so we may have to cancel. Bummer Bummer

Yesterday I had the best dinner, and I just have to share!

I made scallops with white wine sauce (got the recipe on a locarb site) If anyone wants it let me know.

Steamed baby bok choy with butter
1/2 avocado filled with radish salad (pp book)

Man was it ever good! My husband just loved it.

Boy, now what to cook today

Well, have a great day all, oh yes, got my exercise in for the day, 25 min on the Gazelle.

Linda
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:26

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Great to see you here and doing so well. Post that recipe - I'm always up for a good seafood recipe.

re: 25 minutes on the gazelle. I miss exercising - I had some surgery in November and the doc won't let me do anything except some light walking.

Bummer re: trip - Bummer re: the storm - I'm praying for those of you in the northeastern US and Canada.

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 09:29.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:15

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

OK, truth or dare -I was brave enough to get on the scale at work-233, with clothes on and after breakfast. I am usually around 224 on mine in the buff before breakfast, so obviously I need to be doing this group !!!!!!!!!!thing.

Yesterday was a not so great eating day. Topped out around 2000 cal even though it was 'clean' food. I was hungry yesterday but wasn't feeling good and didn't exercise. Needless to say I will tonight after that weigh in.

We are having sloppy weather today, supposed to get more tonight. I made it to work but if it's icy tomorrow I will take a snow day.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:33

BF:

Help, we are having a working lunch and they've ordered Pizza! If I just eat the topping, how would I get that into Fitday?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, all! Only have a second.

Elaine, if you're going to weigh yourself, always do it in the same way. First thing in the morning, buck nekid, after peeing, and before drining anything. I weighed myself the other day with my PJs and bathrobe on. They're both lightweight fleece, so I figured they couldn't weigh much. Wrong. Clothed, I weighed 170. Once I peeled everything off, I was 166.

No clue on the pizza. Best guess, I suppose. Depending on the slice, and counting only toppings, maybe 2 ounces of cheese to start with. From there, you can probably figure out any meat toppings. If it's a pepperoni pizza, how many slices? I'll be you can enter pepperoni by the slice in Fitday. I wouldn't worry about the sauce, or maybe count it as 1/8 cup. It will never be accurate, but it can be close.

Good luck! I'll check in again tonight.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Monday

Hi, all!
Thank you, Bawdy, for the tip about the "sticks". I thought that if you were really burning fat, it would show on the stick! Down to my last one and don't think I'll buy another bottle. It was sort of a "head thing" anyway

Still raining here. I'm ready to build an ark! And speaking of animals, I have just adopted a little chinese crested powderpuff female who was rescued from a "breeder bust". I already have a 12 yr. old maltese and a ragdoll cat and another rescued female yorkie, so last night and this morning were a bit of a laughable circus!!! My apartment complex requires all dogs to be on leashes and to potty in a specified area Have you ever tried to get a male dog to "potty" in the same place all the other dogs go? I am standing in the middle of the(wet) "potty" field and all three of the dogs are wandering around at the ends of their retractable leashes on the (dry) parking lot

Have a good day everybody! Kat
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 14:16

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

ick..sick alday yesterday..bad salad dressing at Sherri's resturant...may be back later
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 16:10

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I's sitting here in the deep freeze today...-34 with windchill factors to -46..YUCK! Needless to say, I didn't go to the gym to weigh in this Monday, which was ok because I pulled my back out shovelling snow! More snow in the forecast too for tonight. I think I'll be letting hubby shovel from now on. You'd think I'd learned from the last time, but OH NO..I had to do it again!!!!

Someone?????...what is a Gazelle????

Well I'm off to pick up daughter at the bus. I'm not quite mean enough to make her walk!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 16:49

BF:

Charran, I think they're talking about the Tony Little gazelle workout glider. His informercial has been on in the states for about 400 years

Well, I wound up eating a slice of pizza, but made sure it was a small plain slice and didn't eat the big crust thing at the end. I stopped there and had my yogurt and berries later. Only had 758 cals so far, so that leaves me a decent chunk for dinner.

Just did a 30 min WATP (2 Mile).
Bawdy, we're all weighing in at work just to have a baseline for the group. A little difficult to do the in the buff thing. At least with MY body; maybe one of the younger women........

Elaine

Last edited by ewinpa : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 17:31.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 21:47

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello everyone!
Food for today:
B...2 scrambled eggs
4 slices bacon

L...lg steak & cheese salad/no dressing

snack...sf jello w/wh cream

D....6 oz cubed round steak
2/3 cup green beans
1/2 cup lc cole slaw

Snack....1 slice LC bread
2 Tbls LC Peanut Butter

Total: 2053
Fat: 136 1224 61%
Sat: 51 462 23%
Poly: 18 162 8%
Mono: 42 375 19%
Carbs: 42 110 5%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 168 672 33%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I picked up a new "Carb Options" Peanut Butter put out by Skippy today and had to try it. A friend of mine also gave me a loaf of Home Pride "Carb Action" white bread. The PB at 3 carbs/2 TBLS & the bread at 6 carbs per slice was excellent. Luckily I was low enough in my carbs today to blow 10 on my snack. But it was worth it! Both are great products if you can get them!! The Peanut Butter is not all oily at the top and tastes much better than the "Natural" kind I have bought at the Health Food Store.
We're awaiting 10-12 inches of snow in the next 24 hours!! I'm gonna try a new tactic and quit b*tching about it and maybe it'll go away!! Anyway...its good for the lake levels here..which have seriously been hurting the last few years!

Weigh in day today...no loss for me this week (however, no gain either !!). I know I didn't eat near enough over the week and definately not enough water. I do much better during the week when there's more of a routine in my life. On the weekends...it is rather hap-hazard. Will need to work on that!!
Have a great night!!

Last edited by Flintstone : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 21:49.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 07:32

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Just a quick hello, been in bed with a cold. I go to the doctor this morning or I would still be in bed. I do think I will come home afterward instead of making myself miserable at work. I am caught up and have nothing pressing anyway. I will pop in and let you know what the doctor says.

Hi everyone!