Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:02

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Does anyone recognize this plan??????

I just joined a new gym and worked with a trainer last weekend. I told her that I did very well last summer with a strict Atkins regimen. I also told her that I went off of the Atkins lifestyle in October and that I have gained 30 lbs in 3 months. I explained to her that I have been on strict induction for weeks now and it's just not working for me this time around! She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down this daily plan to follow:

Breakfast-2 eggs and 1 piece fruit

Lunch-4 oz protein with a salad and 1 piece fruit

Dinner-4oz protein and 6 oz steamed veggies

Does anyone recognize this plan? It would be nice to have fruit again but if this is all I will be eating I'm afraid I will be really hunger. It doesn't include a whole lot of fat. I would appreciate any comments. I may give this a try in combination with working out and see what happens. I have 30 lbs to get rid of and I would like to keep it off this time!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:31
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sounds pretty unspecific. It doesn't ring any bells.

Unfortunately, any attempt at weight loss gets less effective each time you do it. If you stick to Atkins, it will work, but probably slower. If this is about your fifth time on induction and you just can't stick with it, maybe you do need to find a different plan - but bear in mind that it will probably not work any faster.

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 10:40.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 11:02

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hope your trainer is better with exercises than with nutrion:-)
Her (tipycal low fat) "plan" is a sure way either to starve yourself - means you will not lose anything, or to huge evening binge - means to gain weight. Of course it is possible you can stick to her diet for a couple of days, but I doubt you can do this for weeks.

I do not know what was the reason you went off Atkins, but how about checking the "Which low-carb plan is right for me" link on the right of the screen?

Last edited by Galadriell : Mon, Jan-26-04 at 11:04.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 11:05
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

2 portions of fruit, and only 2 vegetables?? Hmmmmm ... for what it's worth, there is absolutely no essential nutrient in fruit that isn't also abundant in vegetables. Vitamins, minerals, fiber .. flavour The only thing in fruit that's very little of in veggies is .. SUGAR.

Many low carbers find there's room for controlled portions of fruit in their menus ... a smalll apple, orange, berries, kiwi, a handful of grapes. Fruit may not be essential, but it tastes good and adds variety. It's just important to remember that the sugar will impact insulin .. best to eat with some protein.

FWIW, the menu almost looks like the old Overeater's Anonymous plan, although now they don't prescribe diets they just provide support.
• br - 4 oz protein, 1 fruit
• lu - 4 oz protein, 2 cups veggies
• di - 4 oz protein, 3 cups veggies

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 11:16

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

That just doesn't seem like enough food to me. I would be starving if that is all I ate, even on a LF diet! I sure wouldn't be able to follow a plan like that and if I did I would be sure to have some serious binges.

I think you should just stick it out like others have said. I have been working out religiously for 4 weeks now an I have hardley lost any lbs., but I can really tell in my clothes that I am losing inches. Not to mention how good I feel overall.

Wee
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Yeah... sounds like the Exercise-Nazi-Faint-From-Starvation plan to me.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 18:19

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

I agree with the others - that looks like a hungry diet to me. Have you plugged this into Fitday? I'll bet it is very low calorie! Starvation diets work for awhile, and you may lose weight on this - until you finally go nuts from the constant ravenous hunger and eat start eating normal quantities again and GAIN it all back! Trust me, I've done this!