Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 13:26

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Many of the people who invented fad diets were themselves sickly and died prematurely.

Atkins got his justice too. He died of a heart attack, which was covered up by his fraud empire. Because of medical privacy rules, his doctors aren't allowed to say why he died. His body was cremated. An autopsy would have exposed a diseased body, to go along with his malignant heart and soul. He caused millions of people to ruin their health and their lives, and billions of animals to suffer and to lose their lives. Where is he now? Hi Atkins. Say Hi to Hitler and Stalin for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoneMitch
Are they a bunch of crazy morons or what?

Yes...they are a bunch of crazy morons.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean4Prez
Hitler was not a vegetarian, at least not in the PETA sense. Do we have to fight lies with more lies?

from http://www.urbanlegends.com/celebri...vegetarian.html:

According to the History Channel, Hitler had a "Vegetarian Chef"...which would seem to suggest he ate Vegetarian for most of his reign. Whether or not it was for moral reasons has no bearing on whether or not he was truly a vegetarian. For example, I've eaten vegetarian at various points, falsely believing it was the best thing for me healthwise. I have never had any moral qualms with humanely killing an animal for food [the only exception being veal which I haven't eaten in 10 years]...and thusly have never eaten vegetarian for moral reasons. But, that doesn't mean I wasn't vegetarian at those points in time. Similarly, Hitler may not have cared about the animals [Hell, he didn't even care about Humans - especially Jews]...but, if he wasn't eating meat, then he was a Vegetarian. There are many reasons one could be a Vegetarian. Hitler and PETA may have had different reasons, but both were likely Vegetarians.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:26

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hitler may have been a vegetarian but he was for sure a DRUG ADDICT! so we should follow his example - yeah right!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 16:20
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

From what I understood Hitler ate as a vegetarian because he felt that his first and foremost obligation was to be the best he could for the German people and that included being as healthy as he could for the German people.

That was also the reason from what I understand that he didnt have a wife (until the very end) and didnt have children. He didnt want his time split that way.

I dont think he was a vegetarian for any type of humane purposes at all. I think he also stated somewhere that he likes living off the land.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 17:12

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Look what I found. It might have been out for a long time but I just now found a link to it from the CBSnews website.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/petaPetition.cfm

EDIT:
Ooops, I gues you already posted this.

Last edited by adukart : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 17:14.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 18:16
Registered Member

Plan: Eades
Stats: 278/236/181
BF:44%/33%/14%
Progress: 43%

Actually after a little thought, I seriously doubt PETA ever really intended this commercial to air during the superbowl. I think they very well knew it would get rejected, and thus gain free distribution from word of mouth and news. (and I fell right into their trap, damn those sneeky PETA people) Thinking about it I wish CBS had allowed them to spend the money on a commercial which most would instantly dismiss, rather than have these funds to run programs terrorizing school children.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 19:57

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedswife
hitler may have been a vegetarian but he was for sure a DRUG ADDICT! so we should follow his example - yeah right!!

Absolutely...My understanding is that he was addicted to Meth...and even gave Methamphetamines to his SS Stormtroopers. The guy is by and a far a perfect example of the worst in humanity. He massacred millions upon millions of innocent people just because they were Jews or some other "lower" race. He was addicted to drugs and it seems, a vegetarian. The vegetarian part is important in the context that some vegetarians and vegans falsely claim that eating meat causes violence. One book I have by the Hari Krishnas even goes so far as to place the blame for several wars ENTIRELY on the eating of "putrid, dead flesh." It is obvious from Hitler [and the Animal Liberation Front] that eating a Vegetarian diet does not make a person a peaceful person and that eating a diet of animal products does not cause a person to become overly violent. In fact, let's not even mention Pol Pot...and his AGRARIAN society.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 06:16
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258/125 Female 61 inches
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 8%

LOL

Impotence...

I am going to have to tell Jake this one. He isn't following the rules...sex is supposed to decrease, not increase.

LOL

*my sides ache*
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 15:27

Plan: high fat low carb
Stats: 215/152/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Dean4Prez.........Hitler was not a vegetarian, at least not in the PETA sense. Do we have to fight lies with more lies?

from http://www.urbanlegends.com/celebri...vegetarian.html:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the amusing link...I think "virtually indistinguishable from a vegetarian" will do for me. He fits my dictionary definition. What exactly is the PETA sense of the word, do you mean vegan? He wasn't that.

The funny thing is, his "abdominal distension", flatulence and belching after meals suggests that he would probably have benefitted from a low-carb diet! If he and Atkins meet in the ether, they might have a lot to talk about!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 16:32

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

I wish PETA would use their ZILLIONS of dollars to do something useful like SHUT Down Puppymills, BU I bet you if we got to look at their donations that a lot of them come from giant Puppymills like the Hunte Corporation.

The Executives of PETA receive quite the cushy salaries.

Remember the campaign when they were promoting Beer over milk??? MORONS.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 16:35
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Airedales
Remember the campaign when they were promoting Beer over milk??? MORONS.

Ouch.

- gotbeer
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 16:39

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbeer
Ouch.

- gotbeer

Don't get me wrong! I loooove beer!!

It's the fact that these commercials were directed at youth.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 16:40
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Ah, ok. Never mind.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 22:19
There and Back Again

Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default Ghastly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarent
Since when does meat cause impotence???

Michael McGraw, spokesman for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), said the group used the provocative subject matter to make the point that eating meat causes impotence.

I'm sorry, but although I care about the environment and the wee beasties, I think that the PETA folks are full of it. That's the biggest crock of .... that I've ever heard.

Diabetes, on the other hand, CAN cause impotence.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 09:14
Lurking LowCarber

Stats: 203/182/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn
Impotence...

I am going to have to tell Jake this one. He isn't following the rules...sex is supposed to decrease, not increase.

Yeah, same here. B's co-workers have noticed faster hair growth and he attributed it to a higher testosterone to bodymass ratio, which makes perfect sense, based on the following study:

Quote:

Low Protein = Low Testosterone
High Protein = High Testosterone

A new study leads support to protein supplementation. Diets low in protein lead to increases in sex hormone-binding globulin in men, potentially reducing the availability of testosterone and causing loss of muscle mass, red cell mass and bone density, according to a report in the January issue of The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

The new finding provides more evidence that high-quality protein supplementation can improve health, maintain muscle mass, and enhance quality of life.

Dr. Longcope and colleagues from New England Research Institutes, in Watertown, examined the correlates of sex hormone-binding globulin levels in 1,552 men, ages 40 to 70 years, who were enrolled in the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.

After accounting for sex hormone levels, the team found that age and body mass index were strong determinants of sex hormone-binding globulin levels in the men. In addition, protein and fiber intake were significant contributors to these levels.

The study results suggest that the natural reduction in protein intake with age, and perhaps even the tendency to eat less red meat for health reasons, could result in lower concentrations of active (unbound) testosterone in men. The decrease in bioavailable or free testosterone can result in declines in sexual function, muscle, red cell mass, and contribute to the loss of bone density.

The new data also suggest the converse, that a high-protein diet could increase bioavailable (free) testosterone and potentially "...mitigate the effects of the age-related decrease in that hormone," the researchers observe. Further studies will be needed to test this hypothesis, they say.