Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 04:26

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Protein Power Pals Wed 1/21

Good morning everyone.

Orang, I emailed you, not PM'ed you. Sorry!!!

Deb, that was HILARIOUS, and I am sending that to a friend at work who has a zillion cats.

Keith-Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything comes down to choices. From what Kat says ,sounds like you've been making a number of good ones lately

Ellie, yes, I have had a pelvic ultrasound. Yuk.
Also, I like Pilates. The Winsor Pilates is a good set(there's some new ones on Collagevideo especially for beginners or,ahem,the older set haha), alot of people like Pilates for Dummies.Check out Collagevideo. They have 60 second previews so you can get an idea of what the videos are like.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Elaine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 06:56

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just a quick update. Believe it or not, Phaedra seems to be doing a little better. Last night she was very restless, trying to get out of her chair probably half a dozen times. With her back leg useless, I'm afraid she'll hurt herself jumping out of the chair. So, this morning I got out a dog bed, wrapped it in a plastic shower curtain, layered it with towels, and topped it with a couple piddle pads. She seems to like it. And, being on the floor, she won't hurt herself when she gets out.

She hasn't been able to walk on her own since Monday, but this morning already I found her three times all the way across the living room (about 20 feet). She was a little unsteady, but definitely walking with a purpose. I put a litter box and bowl of water very near her bed so she won't have to go far for what she needs.

And, believe it or not, my menus have not been bad this week. I've been sticking to the new percentages and (despite the fact that I have slept since Sunday) feel pretty good.

My new goal is to be able to sleep for a full 60 minutes. That hasn't happened since Sunday. I wake up every time she stirs (or tries to get up), bring her some water, change the pads if needed, clean her up, and the get her calmed down again. Then, about 45 minutes later, we do it all again. She peed I think twice during the night. I certainly have a new appreciation of what new mothers go through.

So that's it for now. I'll check in periodically.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 07:45

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Elaine -
Found the email, answered it with a CC to Bawdy.

Will have to check out Deb's joke - I was incredibly busy yesterday.

My emotional health is a bit shaky today. I had to go to court unexpectedly in a nearby county - seems my wonderful ex nearly killed soon to be ex #6 and her son - I testified before a grand jury about exactly what this guy is capable of doing and what he said to me during my assault - my testimony made the difference in whether he was charged with aggravated assault or attempted murder - they can hold him without bond on attempted murder without having to justify the need because the penalty could be life in prison. He messed up and did this in a county where his 'I'm too insane to know what I'm doing' defense likely won't play well. They may finally be able to keep this animal locked up. I'm going to the hospital today to see soon-to-be-ex #6 because I remember what a comfort it was when ex#2 showed up when I was in the hospital.

My menu was weird for me yesterday - included the forbidden egg yolks and beef. Otherwise, it was a little high in protein, fat and calories but much better carbwise than it has been. My weight is 176 lbs this AM and my breath and pee stink again.

Likely won't post much today - still playing plumber and hubby is now out-of-town unexpectedly so I get to fix this all by myself (called a couple of plumbers - they are all snowed under with work due to the recent temp drop here - lots of frozen and busted pipes.) Thank goodness this isn't a really difficult repair and isn't in the crawl space under the house.

Total calories: 1938
Fat: 124 gms 1114 cal 58%
Sat: 34 gms 430 cal 22%
Poly: 20 gms 212 cal 11%
Mono: 30 gms 292 cal 21%
Carbs: 44 gms 136 cal 7% ECC:34 gms
Fiber: 10 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 166 gms 662 cal 35%

Breakfast:
Omelet - 2 ozs egg beaters and 1.5 eggs, 3 ozs lean ham, 1 oz cheddar cheese
Breakfast drink - SF gelatin with .5 T pysillum hulks (ground)
12 oz coffee

Snack:
1 oz mixed nuts

Lunch:
1/3 lb Hardees LC burger w/ lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard

Dinner:
Chocolate Mousse - 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 scoop Chocolate whey protein powder, 2 T sweet n low liquid, 1 oz half & half
1 cup spinach salad

About 64 ozs water, 12 ozs coffee

Goals for today - Eat clean, drink more water, do what I need to to get myself calmed back down and fix the *censored* sink

Last edited by Orang : Wed, Jan-21-04 at 09:20.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:16

BF:

Keith:
Great choices you are making both with the WOE and in your personal life. You have my caring and support.

Katlyn:
Sounds like we have some friends in common - a fellow named Bill, another named Bob and maybe one named Jimmy K? Do you also know Bill's wife Lois?

The special event where I was guest of honor the other day was celebration of the 19th anniversary of having put drinking / drugging behind me. One of my sponsees brought the fruit.

Deb (flintstone):
Thanks for the humor.

Sorry to hear work was such a trial.

Your menu looked really good. How are you feeling now?

Shelley (Lisette):
Missing hearing more from you - know you are busy.

Unity:
Hope you have time to let us know how you are doing soon. Thanks for touching base every day. It's good to know you are still with us.

Marnie:
Hope you can post soon - miss your solid, down-to-earth advice something awful.

Rob (Sasquatch):
How are you doing with the WOE these days - know life has been pretty hectic and trying of late for you. You've got my love and support for the WOE and other growth endeavors I know you are engaged in.

Bawdy:
Continued hugs for you. Glad to hear Pheadra may be getting better - I echo other's sentiments re: how you care for her.

And yes, you are describing care of a newborn... a couple in Knoxville had 5 babies this week - I don't even want to consider what that would be like

Ellie (chamellie):
Hope the gyn will have enough info to make a decision about how to proceed now. Hope the heaviness and cramping go away soon.

How much longer will hubby be hogging the computer for his flexnet classes?

Renee (orang)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%
Cool Goodmorning to all

This is my 3rd day back on the PP plan. Doing great so far, no real sweets cravings and this time I'm trying to be more careful about the mindless eating, especially at night.

Orang, that sounds pretty scarey having to testify about your ex being so violent. You have a lot of courage.

BadwyWench, is Phaedra a cat or dog, wasn't sure, but hope she gets better.
I have a cat named Porkey (actually he's skinny, but steals food and eats a lot, therefore the name). But he's a good guy to have around, except every time I get up from a chair or couch he steals my seat, it's like a game!

ewinpa, I did my windsor pilates today, I do like pilates, helps stretch out my muscles. I have a lot of nerve damage from an illness I had 5 yrs ago which leaves my muscles in a weak state, so the pilates helps keep them strong.

Guess I will go have some breakfast, everyone have a great day! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Linda
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:52

BF:

Linda:
Welcome to the thread.

Bawdy's Pheadra is a 17 year old cat. She has recently had several medical problems and Bawdy nearly lost her Sunday night due to what appeared to be something similar to a stroke.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 09:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%

So sorry to hear about Pheadra's health. I know how painful it is to lose your pet, My female cat Carmella passed away last year, and I still think of her every day.

I hope Pheadra gets better.

Linda
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks, Linda. And welcome to the board. Many of us are going through some hard times right now, and we've all come here for support.

What's hard in my case is that Phaedra will be the fourth pet we've lost in just over 2 years.

Tomorrow is the day my cleaning lady comes. I'm seriously considering asking her to sit with Phaedra and watch TV while I go upstairs and try to sleep for a couple uninterrupted hours.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:09

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Checking in....It's a beautiful day here in Oregon. Just got back from my walk.

Hope everyones day goes well....
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Januuary 21

Orang, I am familiar with Bill and Bob, but most of my problem was with the other stuff. As a matter of fact, we may have some mutual ex-friends in the K-town area!!! I used to drive over there every day from Chatta.!! How STUPID was that! I sure was SKINNY in those days...no money for food!
Now much healthier and much LARGER! But also MUCH HAPPIER!!!!

Deb, I laughed myself sick over your e-Bay page and sent it to everyone I could think of!

Kathy, I wonder if your kitty could have had a kind of a stroke that effected her leg? Thinking about you and her!

Keith, hang in there and keep up the good work! Boy! Have you got WILLPOWER!

Hi to everyone else I missed! Kat
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:46

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Welcome Linda! We sure are getting to be a nice big group!

Bawdy, good to hear Phaedra is hanging in there.{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you and the cat. She is lucky to have you as a caregiver.

Orang, you are amazing.Thanks so much for all the time you took to write me about the surgery while you were going through an off day.Nice of you to go see # 6.Keep us informed of what happens.

For those who don't know (cover your ears Rob and Keith) I am having some 'female plumbing " surgery done (on the subject of plumbing, Orang ), I have it scheduled for March 25th. My sister may be able to come up from FL for a few days then.

This is cool-some of us were watching Oprah on Mon (we had off) and one of us got the idea to do the "Sign the Contract" for lose weight/fitness thing that Bob Greene did on her show. So we're going to chip in for a scale that will stay here at the office and we will all try to give it a good shot. Even though I wil be out of commission exercise wise for a while I thought a little accountability around the workplace might help me stay on track.

Elaine
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:57

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI All! I just have a second! I had been on alittle bit ago and wote a LONG thread, BUT MY server had problems and erased the whole thing!

Any way we still have one more memory stick to go through for editing and down loading, I will try to get back with you all soon!!

Orang, You are doing a good thing! Our prayers are with you for courage and support! Atleast he is your EX and not current!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bawdy, My thoughts are with you!

Elaine, that sounds like a good way to stay on track!
HELLO to everyone!!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 14:26

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

<- that is for when he can't get out
It is not easy to testify but SO important
my sister had to testify against the man who abused us for years ,but she forgot her glasses so they let him out to prey on more kids.
My father was probily a lot like your ex,have not had any contact for 19 years.
Code:
My new goal is to be able to sleep for a full 60 minutes. That hasn't happened since Sunday. I wake up every time she stirs (or tries to get up), bring her some water, change the pads if needed, clean her up, and the get her calmed down again. Then, about 45 minutes later, we do it all again. She peed I think twice during the night. I certainly have a new appreciation of what new mothers go through.

my first child could not eat, he did not know how not even from a bottle. I would stay awake holding him cause he was hungery I was full he was crying and so was I. so I know what it is like to wake up every time my baby even sighs
Keith...good job..no need to double your guilt..and you have nothing to feel guilty about, you did what was BEST for BOTH of you
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 15:53

BF:

I'm back from seeing the soon to be ex - in trauma intensive care
She was glad to see me and even happier when I told her they are charging him with attempted murder. The sorry ~#$% had told her he wouldn't be charged with anything because he would play crazy again. They aren't buying it this time - he's already tried and they left him in with the regular prisoners -he snapped out of it real fast to save his tail from the other guys and they got the whole thing on tape

I vented my frustrations on the plumbing - those are some tight joints...

Hubby is home - he got a repreive from the meetings.

Thanks for all the support. I'm still kind of shaky, but not as bad as I was last night and this morning. I don't think I mentioned the deer I encountered on the way home from court yesterday. A doe ran out onto a really fast four lane highway - I missed it, but the teenage girl behind me didn't - I stopped and stay with her until her mother arrived. Poor kid was sobbing so hard she could hardly breathe. It really did a number on her miata - it may be totally.

Last edited by Orang : Wed, Jan-21-04 at 15:55.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 16:37

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Is it just my computer or is the thread coming up in extra wide for anyone else? I have to scroll to the right, way over to the right, to read the posts.

Elaine - I am curious about your "plumbing" issues, could you PM and tell me what is happening? It does help having some accountability at work When I started last year 4 joined me.

Orang - You are a brave lady, how this must be for you. I truly hope they put the SOB away and throw away the key. DH has 2 more weeks of flexnet training and then he will be teaching some flexnet classes as well as some on ground classes. I should get some puter time when he is teaching the on ground classes He also sneaks in a few NFL games during his flexnet classes....Men

Welcome Linda

Deb - That ebay page is so funny!!!

Kathy - Thinking about you

I made it to the gym yesterday even though I didn't feel well. I managed 25 minutes on the bike and did all body parts on weights.
Yesterday's menu:

B - Atkins rasin bagel w/2 TBS cream cheese, coffee w/H&H

L - 1 large grilled chicken breast sliced on top of mixed veggies w/2 TBS sesame ginger sauce/maranade (7 carbs per TBS, probably not the best choice but sure is good )

S - Pumpkin seeds, 6 oz ff yogurt

S - (after gym, before dinner) 1 slice pumpkin bread

D - Meatloaf sandwich (1 toasted atkins plain bagel, 1 slice leftover meatloaf, 1 slice american cheese, ketchup, lettuce, pickles) Yummy!!

D -