Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 215/212.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:too/drn/mch
Progress: 3%
Unhappy did my self in today

Hello everyone! I blew it today! I have found out that I am a comfort food person! Had a bad week last week. Went on a supposedly romantic weekend for our anniversary. He cut it short! Said rain was coming in and didn't want to drive the 5 1/2 hours in rain. (We were in Daytona Beach---on the beach)I was devastaded! I had stayed on my diet the whole 28 hours we were there. I started feeling sorry for myself, because as soon as we got back he started planning for his return trip to Daytona with his brothers for bike week in March. I asked him would he leave Daytona due to rain during Bike week. He didn't answer. Anyway. I was feeling very sorry for myself and gave in to temptation! But you know what? I'm not going to blow it over this or cry over spilled milk or crummy relationships, I'm going to concentrate on me. I'm worth it. Not for HIM, but for ME!!! I'm going to pick myself up, brush myself off and start all over with my next meal!!! Thanks, I needed to dump that.
Hugs
Ellie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:54

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

That's the attitude Ellie!!!! You MUST do this for you and not for anyone else. Getting skinny won't change your relationship - the problems that were there when you were overweight will be there when you're at your goal weight. But doing things for yourself and becoming more confident and sure of yourself is the way to go.

I'm soooo glad to hear you're getting right back on the wagon!

Squid
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:00

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Oh so sorry about your relationship woes. Men are so insensitive sometimes.

So you gave in. Its over. Back on track. Forget about it. But I will tell you that you should speak to him about this and how much it hurt you. Don't let emotions get the best of you either during your conversation. Sometimes I don't think they realize the bomb they drop and its outcome untless you voice your discontentment. That is how 20+ years of my marriage has survived.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:03
Phoenixa

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4ellie
I'm not going to blow it over this or cry over spilled milk or crummy relationships, I'm going to concentrate on me. I'm worth it. Not for HIM, but for ME!!! I'm going to pick myself up, brush myself off and start all over with my next meal!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
WTG, girl!

#5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:25

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 255/239/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 15%

I think you have got the right attitude and you will do just perfect.
You should plan something with just the girls that weekend. Go do something nice for yourself. You deserve it.
Good luck
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:33

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBXRS
I think you have got the right attitude and you will do just perfect.
You should plan something with just the girls that weekend. Go do something nice for yourself. You deserve it.
Good luck

This sounds great. You get some friends together and take yourself back to the beach. I have been married 17 years and sometimes talking can help. Hang in there, you are doing great.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 13:39

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with the other posts. How about planning something very special for yourself during "bike week". ; )

Cindy