Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Hi Tasha. I had this problem big time in the beginning and still from time to time I suffer from a few cheating months....(yes months) here and there. This is why I have not reached my goal weight after almost a year on Atkins. There have been two times in this year where I would go off the plan for a month or more and just eat everything in sight. The last time I did this I decided to re-evalute things and really concentrate on why I was cheating....I wasn't even having cravings or enjoying the things I cheated with very much. So this is what I did.

I decided to pre-plan all my meals. Every Sunday I sit down, make a grocery list and a list of what I am going to make for B, L and D. I don't plan out my snacks but I make sure my cupboard is "Atkins friendly". I too have kids so I have a lot of no-no's in the house but I decided to cut out the things like Oreos etc that I have a real hard time resisting and replacing our regular ice cream with LC ice cream so that way if I get tempted to eat some it is not so bad for me. I still struggle with resisting high carb alcohol drinks from time to time but I find that I no longer struggle with being tempted to cheat with foods. Working in a resturant has been a true test for me and so far I have been good Another thing to do is set some mini-goals for yourself. When you reach them it feels great thus keeping you motivated.

I really think that motivation is the key. Keeping your eye on the prize. That is what gets me through it sometimes. I also tell myself...isn't this WOE MUCH better than eating low fat!!!

Also, when I find myself thinking of eating bad carbs I hop on the forum or call my buddy Rachelle and it seems to calm me through things and my cravings pass.

I hope this was useful information. I by no means am an expert. It seems like you have a lot of great advice. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I think I am going to get that Dr. Phil book like Tato suggests. I need to go bug her and pick her brain on that subject.

Good luck Tasha! I am here for you!