Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%
Angry Beware Of Whom You Trust!!!

I am soooooo upset!!!!! I was invited to dinner last night ~ my brothers house. They well know from going through all of the holidays and comments on my weight loss, that I am on Atkins. I was told they were serving chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese on top with salad and garlic potatoes. Well I went. I asked for other ingredients. Assured me there was just the bacon, chz and some mustard on the chicken. I ate the chicken and salad. My own bro and SNL SABOTAGED ME!!!!!!I am just FURIOUS!! They admitted to me (after I had eaten) that the chicken was coated in honey. My fork dropped. My SNL told me "That little bit won't kill you". I have gotten nothing but laughfter from my siblings since I began this WOL, but I thought that since they saw the loss and progress I was making that they would NEVER do something like this to me. My SNL had the nerve to sit with me talking after dinner how she doesn't understand how people can loose weight eating all that fat. I couldn't defend myself any more. I'm so very tired of the constant defending of the WOL I have chosen. She just kept going on how she had to find a way to loose weight but didn't know what to do. I was just so angry I surely didn't have any advice for her. I am even starting to think that some people just get jealous and they want you in that gutter with them. Is it me? What do you guys think of this? How much harm do you think the meal will have? How would you handle things like this? HELP!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:35
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

That was a rotten, selfish thing to do.. but don't worry, if there wasn't enough that you NOTICED the taste, there certainly wasn't enough to throw you off.

Just take a deep breath, and stay on track.

I'm hurt FOR you that they'd do that!!!! You'll show THEM when you reach goal and SHE'S gained 80 lbs!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:56

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Wow. That is messed up. Families can be such a PITA, huh?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:59

Thanks PotatoeFree!! I forgot to add, I was continuously being offered Blue Bell Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream. They KNOW I'm NOT going to eat that stuff. Unfortunately when I think of it, the chicken did taste on the sweet side. I just thought it was the mustard and combination of chzs. I'll know better next time. Thanks again and good luck to you!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:00

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

I would think if you have a good relationship with your brother and SIL that this was probably not intentional sabotage. I imagine they don't understand low carb and didn't think it over very well. Maybe they thought it meant no sugar. Or thought the amount was so small it really wouldn't hurt. Remember they don't have the knowledge of your plan that you do.

I guess another thing I'd think about is if this is worth being angry over. You've eaten it, it probably won't affect your program at all, and it's over and done with. I'm sure she isn't in the least angry and you're eaten up inside. Let it go now

Losing weight will be a great example to your family. Il'l bet you that they'll be back asking you how you did it and paying attention and getting support from you before too much longer
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:06

Thanks so much to all of you!!! I guess I just needed to vent. After all, they are family and like I say "You gotta love em, if you don't who will". Seriously, I do!!!! They just don't understand how this works. The best thing I can do is keep at it and the weight loss will speak for itself. Thank God for this forum and the awesome people on it! Thanks again!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:12
Registered Member

Stats: 282/250/180 Female 5 ft. 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

You know I went through this in a similar way on Friday night. My parents babysat my kids for me while I went to a dinner. Well my parents KNOW that we are in the induction stage, and my parents took them to pizza. My girls only scraped the cheese off the pizza and ate thier salads...I was so proud of them. BUT then my brother who was visiting went to Baskin Robbins and got my kids those Kids Clown cones and lied to the kids and told them that it was ATKINS ICE CREAM! OMG!! My kids were so happy and enjoyed every bite. When I found out what happened I about hit the roof...Why lie about it?? They think that what we are doing is wrong and crude and that we are endangering ourselves and the kids by starting LC'ing. Why do people have to be that way??
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:25

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Sha, how old are your kids and are they on induction too? I didn't think induction levels were that good for children. They need dairy and whole grains do they not? Maybe I am wrong, hey I have no kids, but just a thought
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:59

Stats: 206.2/196.0/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Wow, I'm so sorry they did that to you! It clearly sounds like your SNL is jealous, and that was her way of showing it. I would just tell them that you don't want to eat at their house anymore. That might send a clear message about how much you didn't appreciate it. I doubt that little bit of honey hurt you. I ate a whole slice of cheesecake at Christmas and didn't gain a thing.

I was out with my mom today and we stopped at a store that had fresh-baked cookies. Three times my mom kept saying "Bonnie, why don't you have one?" I kept reminding her that I don't eat those anymore. It was like she wanted me to eat it just so she wouldn't feel bad for eating two of them!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:42

Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey, maybe it'll give you a mini whoosh. I've heard people on here say after eating a little more carb they have some loss.

Im truely sorry about your situation. I have family like that. But lying to you and not giving you the option to decide for yourself is really just deciteful and mean.
Tell them to grow up!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:50
Registered Member

Stats: 256/190/180 Male 69 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 87%

I don't get angry I get even.

little quips like.

Are you alright? do want an asprin? you look awfull. when they look ok.
another is I say that button zip whatever looks like its going to pop.

and the best one I use is your face looks all puffed up, or is it your tom.

Lez
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:52

Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

lez,

Ha ha ha! Your great!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:56

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

I know your feelings were really hurt. My SIL has not spoke to me nicely since I have lost more weight. And everytime I see her she becomes more nasty.

She had a Bday party for her son this weekend and only served pizza. I didn't eat and she asked if I was too good to eat it. I simpley said I was not feeling well to avoid an argument. My husband is very upset with the way she is treating me. I total him that some women can't handle other women losing weight and looking good.

The more she or anyone else tries the bring me down makes me work harder.

I hope you know that you have lots of support here.
Kat

Last edited by Fatkat : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 06:58.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 07:24
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

That was just plain nasty of him. What in the heck is his problem? I sware, somtimes ya just gotta wonder what in the world were they thinking.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 07:42
Registered Member

Stats: 260/241/200 Male 6 feet tall
BF:
Progress: 32%

Is this program good for kids?