Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 20:04

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%
Default O'Charley's low carb menu

I just got back from O'Charley's (my FAVORITE restaurant!) I couldn't believe their new low carb selection on their menu! There were so many new items and they had the net carbs listed. I was so thrilled! AND it was delicious!

O'Charley's is regional chain so I'm sure that most of you have never heard of it. (unless it's branched out further than I'm thinking). If you ever have the chance to eat there, take it! They're great!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

O'Charley's has a low carb menu??? WOW. I've always totally loved that place. I always thought that the best thing they had going for them were the dinner rolls and the loaded potato soup, and since I can't have either now, I'm curious to see what LC options they've added.
What did you order? Is it reasonably priced?
Congrats on your loss so far!

By the way, what part of TN are you in??
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 20:25
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I have been, too, in NC. They do have a lot of items. I had their chicken with cheese on it and a salad with b.c. dressing. Really good.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 21:34

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

they have a low carb menu now? very cool, i like to eat at Ruby Tuesday because they have a good low carb menu too
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 08:41

BF:

I know what you mean about the bread and the soup! It's better than any other restaurant's I have ever been too! But....those days are over. lol

I got the Chicken Cordon Bleu (did I spell that right?) and steamed broccoli. I didn't get a salad, but I wish that I had. They have great salads too and I wouldn't have needed to ask them to remove the things that I couldn't have! It would have been prepared that way already!

I was most surprised by the large selection they had. I honestly can't remember, but they had chicken, steak, hamburger, fish, and there were others....maybe 10 different items to choose from. You could also choose your side item and they had the carb counts listed. You can get just broccoli or just cauliflower or the vegetable medley. They also have the carb counts for a few salad dressings.

I can't wait to go back and try something else! The price was comparable to the other items on their menu. I didn't even look at the price, but our total bill w/dh, me, and the 3 kids was about the same as it's always been when we go there.

I can't wait to hear what others have tried!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:22

Plan: Keto + IF (16/8)
Stats: 218/171/170 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 98%

I live in Raleigh NC... drove to O'Charlies the other night and it was closed down...

had to settle for Boston Market for the 3 straight night....

i'm so burned out on that place.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:44

BF:

Wow, I've never heard of an O'Charley's closing down! Did it not get any business? Our area could easily support another one. You have to get there before 5 if you don't want to wait 45 minutes for a table....which w/2 year old twins, that's out of the question! lol
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 11:01

Stats: 299/284/215 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 18%

I have feared taking clients to O'charly's since I becan Atlins... thier cheese potato soup and bread -Doh!

I am inspired to schedule my next meeting thier and try thier low carb menu. O'charly's has some really good chefs.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 11:25
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%

Chris, if you come back to view this thread, could you please tell me which of the 2 O'charley's closed down? I saw this thread this morning and was thinking that I might check out the Raleigh one on Six Forks ( I THINK there is supposed to be one on Six Forks....)

Kay
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:11

Plan: Keto + IF (16/8)
Stats: 218/171/170 Male 5'10
BF:

The one of Six Forks is closed... they even took the signs down. It's just a brick building w/ green awnings(sp?).

I think there's another one over in Cary.

There's a new Brazilian BBQ off of Strickland (i found it off of citysearch.com)

Rio Churrascaria -- $$, Brazilian
9650-145 Strickland Rd Raleigh NC
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 18:09
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

We don't have O'Charlie's in my part of Texas but, my DH is from just outside of Knoxville. Glad to know that there are options when I go visit the in-laws...somewhere other than Shoneys and Cracker Barrel.

Chris, I love Churrascarios...had some Thursday and was down the next day.

Thanks!
Danakins
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:42
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%

Thanks, Chris. The usefulness of this forum never ceases to amaze me! My father lives on Creedmoor Rd., so we're usually looking for places to go to lunch in that general area. Too bad The Outback isn't open for lunch!

Kay