Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 69
BF:
Progress:
Default New member introduction

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this site - it looks like I will find a lot of good info here. I'm considering trying a low-carb diet, although I tried one other time and found it quite difficult for me. I'm sure that I'll have lots of questions, so hopefully I'll get the help I need right here. A little about myself... I'm 5'9" tall, 35 years old, currently weigh around 155 and want to be 140 - that's low enough for my frame. I've lost weight counting calories in the past, and kept it off for quite awhile... but then went on a 5-6 month binge after the death of a close relative several years ago. Since then, I 've been on a rollercoaster, losing & gaining about 10 lbs. Now I'm considering something new, so I'm here to learn.

Nice to meet all of you! Good luck, everyone!

PS - I see that there's a member by the username of Jennielynn. If you are reading this Jennielynn, can you tell me if you're the same person who used to be on another board with me (and DietPrincess, Whirl, etc)?

Last edited by Houdini68 : Thu, Jan-15-04 at 09:49.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

YES,YES,YES!!! IT'S ME!!! I'm so glad to find you again! I listed my reason for not participating in the other board on the "lose 50 pounds in 2004" thread. I've missed you guys terribly!!!!! You can't imagine how lost I was for several weeks after I couldn't chat with you guys anymore~~~~I was literally heartbroken. I had half a mind to let those moderators have it--but I knew it wouldn't help the situation!

Anyway, I'm so glad that we get to chat again. I've be yo-yoing with my weight since the other board; but have decided that it's time to get serious again! Low-carbing is the easiest WOE for me. I don't feel deprived like on other diets. And it's really doable when I go out to eat--without having to "grill" the waiters on how it's prepared and so forth! Getting good results fast doesn't hurt either!!!!

I wish you the best on this WOE. And I've found the people on this forum to be great motivators and have worlds of info to share! I don't really have exactly 50 pounds to lose--but they don't discriminate. I'll take help wherever I can get it and give it wherever they will take it!!!

I look forward to chatting with you! Once you get enought posts in you can start personal messaging me---until then--keep posting cause I'm anxious to hear how you've been doing!!!

Jen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 16:25
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

OMG Jen, I'm so happy I found you!!! I have so much to tell you when I can PM you - do you know how many posts I need? Can't wait!

I'm so sorry we had to leave the other board - we desperately tried to get in touch with everyone & anyone (because that board didn't have PM back then), but we just weren't able to contact some people. I'll explain when I can. But I want you to know that for a LONG time, we tried to contact you!

So, you're finding low-carbing pretty easy? I tried once before and found it SO hard, but I'm really thinking about trying again. So this should be a great place for help! Right now, I'm just doing portion control, and I want to see how that goes for a little while. But I have a feeling I'll need something different. I did lose a little so far, but we'll see. So when did you start low-carbing, and how much have you lost?

OMG, I want to tell you so much more, but I'll have to wait until I can PM you. Meanwhile, I'll keep in touch with you here, and I'm going to have to spend a little time learning my way around this forum. This looks like a great place!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:42
Registered Member

BF:

Houdini~~ I'm not sure exactly how many posts you need before you can PM someone--I'll try to find out! I'm still learning my way around this board too!

I'm touched to know that you guys tried to contact me! You have no idea how lost I was. But, now that I've found you guys again--I feel like I've been given another chance! The people here are great~ but no one knows me like you guys do!!! I've missed chatting with you(s) something terrible!!!

Low carb has been going okay--it's Jen that's been losing it every now and then. I keep making excuses for myself and falling into the habit of saying "I'll start again tomorrow". Well, tomorrow has turned into another tomorrow and you know how it goes! Now, I'm determined to set it straight. I bought a new pair of jeans in Nov. and they fit comfortably--even had a little room to spare. Now, they are definately snug! So, that was like my breaking point. I've got to lose this weight and I've got to keep it off--no buts about it!!!

I can't wait until you can PM me and find out what the gangs been up to! It's definately been too long!!

Well, hate to go already but have to get the kids ready for bed. I'll be back tomorrow to chat some more.

Good night; good friend!!!

Jen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:46
Registered Member

BF:

I found it!!! You have to have 25 posts before you can PM. Start yourself a journal and use it daily--a couple of times if necessary!!! Looking forward to hearing from you. You can also write to me in my journal~~ Just click on the journal icon at the bottom of any of my posts!

Jen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:52
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi again! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to navigate this site - where do I go to start a journal?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:55
Registered Member

BF:

Just found another way you can contact me! After I post this--there should be a little mail icon at the bottom (looks like an envelope) Click on that and you can send me a message--directly to my e-mail address. It won't give you my adress--but it will let you send messages! Kinda cool, huh????

As for the journal--I'm not even sure how I started mine! Now, everytime I log on--I get a journal icon after my name and I just click on that!

Jen

Okay--my icon didn't show up---now I need to go back and figure out why!!

Last edited by jennielynn : Thu, Jan-15-04 at 17:57.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:02
Registered Member

BF:

Well, just went back and read that if the icon doesn't show up-it's because the moderator has disabled this particular function! Oh well, it was worth a try!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:07
Registered Member

BF:

I found how you can start a journal. Click on the Support Forum (the last choice in the orange bar at the top of the page) Scroll down to My low carb journal and choose which alpabetic letter your's would fall under (maybe H for Houdini) After you click on that--click on the new thread icon at the top of the page. Title your journal and you're off!!!

Jen

Okay, now I've really got to get goin! Can't wait to get back on tomorrow and chat with ya!!!

Last edited by jennielynn : Thu, Jan-15-04 at 18:10.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:28
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the info, Jen! I've started a journal, so hopefully we'll be PM-ing soon! I've gotta go too for now, so I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Have a great night!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 10:27
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey Jen, are you here? I'm over 25 posts (I've been busy this morning!) and still can't PM you, so maybe it takes a little while before that feature will kick in for me. I'll keep trying.

How's your Friday going? Mine is COOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 10:40
Registered Member

BF:

You should be able to start PM soon--just keep trying! Here's another hint: I fyou click on the buddy icon at the bottom of my post~ you'll add me to your buddy list. Then, everytime you log on--just click on the buddy list (it'll be beside your name) and a little box will pop up and tell you if I'm on online or not! Just another neat perk of this board!

I'm freexing too~ though I'm sure it's colder up there. Say -20 (windchill) instead of my chilly -15???LOL This weather is crazy; wasn't it in the 60's like 2 weeks ago??? The kids had a 2 hour delay so they thought that was cool!

Well,I've done okay with the eating thing today--made myself a cheese omelet for breakfast. I'll have my usual salad with ham and romano cheese for lunch and some type of chicken for supper with another veggie and maybe another salad. I'm actually surprised that it's been so easy these past few days since I started induction again. I did wake up with a craving for Oreo cookies last night. Weird, since I never cared for them before--my kids devour them. I just told myself that it would pass (and that it was too cold to get out of bed!) and I fell back to sleep---major situation avoided!!!
My daughter is going to a sleepover tomorrow night and I always send a goodie along; so today we are making dirt pudding! It has choc. pudding, oreo cookies, cool whip, and cream cheese in it. I made myself a big ol' bowl of sf jello just in case I get tempted!!!

Well, I want to surf the web for a new chicken recipe so I'll be back in a bit! I also need to head down to the treadmill after lunch and get atleast my 30 minutes in! Have a good one....until then......BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!lol

Jen
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Good morning Jen! Thanks for the tip on the buddy icon. I did discover that yesterday, so I'm all set with that. I've been watching for ya!

Sounds like you're having a good day so far. I've kind of crashed, but I'm not going to let it permanently throw me off track. LOL on your Oreo craving in the middle of the night! I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me, because I have always LOVED Oreos! WTG on passing them up!

I wish I could get on my treadmill. Dh broke it the other night. Here's a tip: don't let a 6'7" tall, 235 lb man run on your treadmill! OMG, he went right through the platform!!! So my treadmill is out of commission until I can get a new platform. It only costs $30, but the shipping will be another $35. It figures, he broke the heaviest part possible!

Hope I get to PM you soon. Have a great day!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:33
Registered Member

BF:

That's a bummer about your treadmill! I don't know what I'd do without mine--it's way to cold to walk outside!!! I haven't gotten the ambition to get on mine yet today, but the day is still young!

So, your navigating the site, huh? I should spend more time doing that also--there's still lots I haven't discovered yet. It's a pretty cool site though; lots of neat things you can do!

I'm still in search of a chicken recipe that's allowed on induction! Maybe I'll have to visit the Atkins website to get one!

Chat with ya again soon!

Jen
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:43
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Jen, are you here right now?