Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 15:29

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I went to try the Subway Atkins wrap today.

I had the chicken-bacon-ranch - 8 net carbs. I asked the subway guy if I could have tomatoes on it he said "No, we're not allowed", the two guys behind me started cracking up laughing (it was pretty funny). Then the subway guy said he can't see how people will pay $4.59 for these Atkins wraps. I told him I've been meaning to come in and try one, and that I'm coming onto this forum to do a review, he asked if I worked for Subway, LOL.

I thought the wrap was pretty good, but a little high in price.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/228/190 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 62%

I dont understand why pay 4.50 for one. when you can have any of the others made into a salad for 3.50 ish or depending on what you get.

just watch out for the fat free dressing they give you with them.

5 just to much for me to pay for one and they are small imo...

but if you like them then more power to ya i will stick with the salads
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 16:09
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Marchbaby - should've given smarty pants a piece of malitol-ridden chocolate!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 16:13

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:

ROFL Iowa Girl!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 23:47

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I love those wraps. Here in CA we will pay anything for anything. You can have any sub made into a wrap now. I have noticed that all wraps are not the same. I had a wrap at a Subway near my house which was good. A couple of days later, I had one at a different SW and it was not nearly as tasty. It was not wrapped as well nor did they cut it in half.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 23:59

Plan: Dr. B
Stats: 210/190/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I had the Chicken baconb wrap today, and thought it was fantastic. Yes, the price is a bit steep. More to the point.....

Does anyone know where they get the tortilla? I've use LC tortillas in the past, and the best that I've found are ones made by latortilla. There o.k., but nothing like the one I had at SW.

Are these Atkins tortillas? I saw latortilla on the Atkins site, and then a new one. Could these be it?

I couldn't help but notice the price. They wanted $16.99 FOR 8, 9" tortillas. Guess that might explain the SW price. If these are it, anyone know where to buy them cheaper?

Thanks,

TMR
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 00:09
Registered Member

Stats: 280/226/200 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 68%

Just a quick note...

They are both 3.99 in new york for the two new wraps...
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 06:35
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

wow something cheaper in NY than in Ohio!!

Our's are 4.29 and 4.49 I think. Turkey more expensive and higher carbs, but I like the chicken better since I've had both now.

I don't really find the price that bad. Going to McD's to get a quarter pounder and grilled chicken (bunless for both) is over $5 and the wrap is more filling, tastier, and not as messy IMHO. Plus there is no fiber in McD's and no veggies. But then again price is not a worry for me, I'll pay what I have to, to find decent food that will help me stay on this WOE forever. Nice alternative to my packed salad everyday, and on those mornings you get up to late to pack.

Last edited by nursey15 : Thu, Jan-15-04 at 06:37.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 08:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

I haven't tried them yet, and don't think I'm going to. I was in a Subway last night and saw them make one for a lady. 2 pieces of cheese and 4 thin slices of roast beef. I'd rather use my precious carb allowance for something else.

If I'm doing fast food, give me Wendys (2 jr bacon cheeseburgers and a caesar side salad) or Chick-fil-a(grilled chicken salad) anyday.

I do love salads from Subway, but their only lettuce is iceburg.

Also, it would really help if you could customize their online nutritional info, like you can on wendys.com. How do they reach 8 carbs??? I bet I'd be happy without half the stuff they are including.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 08:18

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I'd love to find a wrap for sandwiches, no stores here sell them. 0(
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:05
Registered Member

Stats: 160/132/125 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

I absolutely love the Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap. Here in Kentucky it is really hard to find LC Tortilla shells so I thought I had won the lottery when the Subway across the street started carrying them. I let my Mom (who is NOT a lcer) try mine the other day and she fell in love with them.

My wraps usually have alot of chicken in them and are very very filling. I have heard some people talk about how they are too small. I just buy one and eat cottage cheese with it at home. That is usually very satisfying.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:18
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/161/140 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 40%

I'm not sure about the total carb breakdown of everything in the whole wrap but i do know for sure that the tortillas alone have 5 net carbs so its easy to figure out from there what the rest are according to what you put in it
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 22:55

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12

When I eat LaTortilla wraps (even one) I get sick for 3 days, so I was nervous to try these. I tried both and the taste was AWESOME. It tasted like a white wrap, I could have died. I didn't get sick at all, I wish I could find those wraps. They might be a little high in price, but for the taste it's worth it, and for me I'm not going to have it daily. I'm on induction so this is a once every other week treat. I love how you can put anything into a wrap at SW. Finally they catch on that not only the 2 subs a day diet is it.