Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:54

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%
Default Need advice please.. When I started I would lose 2.5 pounds a week..

Now I am luck if I lose a pound a week. Did you notice that the more weight you lost that it was harder to lose? It get's frustrating.

Thanks,
Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 13:08
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yes, absolutely. I'm lucky to lose a pound a week, too. One thing that really helps is if I avoid all sugar alcohols, fake baked goods and aspartame for a week — then I usually drop 2-3 pounds.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 13:22

Thanks. It's looks like we are a lot alike. I am thinking of changing my goal to 147. I am going to be ready for swimsuit season this year.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

It is perfectly normal for weight loss to slow down on ANY diet.

Just stick with it, a pound a week is great!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 15:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

i'm in the same boat. i have fifteen more pounds to lose and it's driving me CRAZY because i'm not losing inches or pounds and i'm not technically on a stall yet. i'm going to see friends in about three weeks and i would really like SOME of it to come off. to ya'll who are at your goal weight already--what did you do to get the last fifteen to come off? i'd really like to know.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 18:48

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I lost really fast at first and now I only lose a pound every 4 to 6 weeks. That is entirely normal, I'm not hungry and I'm still losing. I'm a happy camper!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:02

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

if you exercised a few times a week, it REALLY speeds up the weight loss.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:11
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlee
i'm in the same boat. i have fifteen more pounds to lose and it's driving me CRAZY because i'm not losing inches or pounds and i'm not technically on a stall yet. i'm going to see friends in about three weeks and i would really like SOME of it to come off. to ya'll who are at your goal weight already--what did you do to get the last fifteen to come off? i'd really like to know.

Be glad that you're not "technically" on a stall, rather than frustrated about it.

As for how to get the ball rolling again, for me it was about critically check what I was actually nibbling. I cut out almonds, which had become my LC snack obsession. And salty liqourice and pork rinds, due to their salt/sodium content, which made me retain water.

Also, I invested in some L-Carnitine and L-Glutamine to take daily, together with chrome. I also started upping my water intake, since I'd gotten a bit lax in that department. From 2 liters a day to 5 (i.e. more than a gallon daily). Finally I cut my calories down a bit - some of it went automatic, since I cut out the almonds, so I landed at 1600-1800 kcals instead of over 2400 where I had ended up without noticing... I also started skin brushing, a way to promote my blood circulation. Made me feel good and the skin soft at least.

Started losing pretty quickly after that.

/gil
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 21:07

Thanks to everyone. On Monday I cut out LC candy and eating after dinner, I hope it helps. I am very thankfull for this site.

Kat
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 21:16

BF:

gilibel, you are probably right. i have realized that i'm snacking on too much peanut butter!! today i noticed that i have done it at the same time every day; have four tablespoons of jiff peanut butter which would equal ten carbs...and i'm sure the fat in the peanut butter doesn't help at all!! i'm going to try and start fresh tomorrow...
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 04:43
Phoenixa

Oh yes, flynnlee, 4 tbsps of peanutbutter daily sounds like the crook here... It's so easy to get "home blind" after a while, with "LC approved" snacks and suddenly they can take over business...

And please don't forget to drown yourselves with water, girls. It's amazing what difference it makes for that fat flush. Also prevents water retention.

#12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:09

BF:

it IS easy to 'go home blind', isn't it!! there are so many things you can eat on this program you don't think anything of it!! oh, and i forgot who started this thread--i'm sorry for intruding, but thanks!!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:03
Phoenixa

I don't think Kat minds. After all, we all learn from eachothers mistakes and experiences. That's the whole purpose of this forum. I don't know where I'd been without it.

Hugs to you all!

/gil