Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:43

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%
Default I miss McDonalds sigh

Hey all...

I've avoided all fast food places like the plague since I started my LC lifestyle and just today as I etch so close to my goal I almost thought to go to McDonalds and grab a Big Mac and just toss the buns (there's like 3 of them!). However, what's in their special sauce? Anyone know? Apart from their salads what else would you have there? Wish they would go easy on the salt though... does everyone really want that much salt in everything? grrr,

I did try the new LC wraps from Subway and swore never to get another one. Not that it was bad but rather that for the cost it's a joke. It's half the size of everything else and you get the pleasure to pay more. Less for more... hum let me think about that.

Thanks
C
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

i miss mcdonald's too! mickey d's and taco bell were two of my favorite fast food places. i would get the chicken nuggets. they have real white meat in there now (wonder what was in them before? i wouldn't necessarily advertise that if i were them). if you're at your goal the breadding shouldn't be a problem, but you can probably pick a little of it off. i've eaten them with no problem before. and don't they have chicken breasts now too? it's been so long since i've been! anyway, good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:50

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think Big Mac sauce is Thousand Island Dressing and Mayo or something. Lots o' sugar.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:56

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

McDonalds special sauce is just a thousand island dressing. While not the lowest carb item, it wouldn't hurt you to eat it on an occasion.

According to McDonalds website......a Big MAC without the BUN is 10 Carbs, 2 of which are fiber....for a net of 8. By taking off everything except the beef patty and special ssauce, I figured up it has 3 carbs per sandwich according to their website.

Check otu their food customizer.....they have finally joined other good websites in providing a good tool to figuring out your best nutritional bet when eating at their store.

http://164.109.34.107/countries/usa...imageMode=small
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 17:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/274/220 Male 6"0
BF:N/A
Progress: 18%
Wink

When I know I might go to Mcdonalds I carry LC burger rolls with me.They are called "OsoLo",I get them from my local HFS They have 3.3 carbs and are made out of flaxseed,witch they say is good for you.They take some getting use to but not bad!You can toast them at home and place them back in the rapper until you get there.I order the quarter pounder or double with cheese and scrape the ketchup off.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 17:17

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

The chicken nuggets before were processed white and dark meat. Although I still think they are processed, now they only use the white meat.

If anyone remembers the shapes of the nuggets, there were ones that were shaped sort of like a boot, then there were the round ones. The round were processed dark meat and the boot shape were processed white meat. (I used to work at KFC in High School and we learned this and would pick the white ones out to eat ourselves.) The dark meat nuggets were kind of gristley and gave me the creeps!

Wee

Last edited by WeeOne : Mon, Jan-12-04 at 17:39.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 17:52

Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

ohhh...so that's what it was...urban legend around here was that they were pig parts....or um, other chicken parts....eewwwww
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 17:55

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:

Tee Hee, Flynlee that makes me laugh! Reminds me of the three legged baby chick that DH got with his batch of baby chicks last year, the 3rd leg looked like it was coming out of it's butt! It was like the fish episode of the Simpsons when the fist had 3 eyes.
I never saw any legs or beaks sticking out of the nuggets, but then again, you never know. LOL!!!

Wee
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 18:33
Registered Member

Stats: 224/204/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 31%

I too am a McDonald's addict!!!! I like the idea about bringing my own buns - but as it is - they are too big already! After a month of lcing, I would give myself one meal at McDonalds. Then it became two. So finally I went off of the diet. I didn't do the special things to keep it low carb though. I would say to avoid the big M until you get fully going on lcing - like 6 months or so. Don't think of it as a reward either - a reward should be something good for you. If you keep away from there and save the $$ you can buy yourself a nice out fit or something else - but you'll probably need the money for clothes since you will be losing so much!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mischa
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 18:47

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Skip the buns - bacon double cheese burger it and enjoy.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:13

Stats: 193/183/159 Female 5.6
BF:

I was told that the original nuggets had a lot of chicken skin in them. The Osolo buns are a funny texture to me. I made the mistake of buying more than one package before I found out that I do not care for them. The picture on the package is so pretty. It is great if a person likes them. Convenient.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:30

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

....Just....the simple cheese burger....they are fine......
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:31

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:

....HEY....without bun !!!..........:-)))
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:40

Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:

double cheeseburger no ketchup no onions no bun is 2 carbs well worth it if your craving mcdonalds. the salads are okay i pick out the carrots and no croutons, then bring my own dressing. not too bad and keeps the kids happy
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 00:58

Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%

Quarter Pounder with Cheese (or 2, if you are hungry), no bun (I just take the top off, and kind of slide it off the bottom), no ketchup if you are very strict; however, I find the ketchup minimal, usually sticking to the bun, as does, unfortunately, the cheese sometimes.

I have done the Bic Mac with no bun, but I find it somewhat unsatisfying; those little burgers are, well, little. My memories of Big Macs when I was a kid include stuffing fries in each layer; somehow the bunless, fryless Big Mac no longer seems as big or as good as it once did.