Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 279/267/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Hello Everyone

I am doing this because it is requested..... Normally I prefer to be a lurker in forums -- but as this is recommended before posting to threads I thought I would comply.

Anyway, my son came to me just before the holidays and said that he wanted to do Atkins in an attempt to lose some weight for wrestling. He is a senior in high school this year and he is a pretty good wrestler. I had been waiting for January 1 myself, so he decided to wait as well. (Both of us are suceptible to temptation.) And we decided to do a low carb diet instead of expressly following Atkins.

I am happy to say that DH decided to join us -- for a month. All three of us are being fairly successful so far. I have the farthest to go with over 100 pounds, hubby has about 40 and the boy prpbably needs to lose only 25. He is very muscular and just has some extra fat around his mid section.

I have had a very successful weight loss once, and several not so successful attempts, including two attempts at Atkins.

I have been thoroughally impressed with many of the stats and posts I have seen since I found this forum 2 or 3 days ago and am looking forward to have someone to share my progresses and set backs with.

Talk to you all soon.

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:40
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello Karen and welcome to the forum

I am glad you have decided to come out of lurking and introduced yourself Now you came this far..you mind as well start your own journal It is a great tool to keep track of things..share your success and meet new friends

Congratulation on your great start
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 01:19

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome to the forum family. Having your whole family doing it together will be a great motivation in itself. Good luck.